Greatest Rivalries in Tennessee?

92Dragon

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even close...........Maryville vs. Alcoa. I've got buddies from Northeast and South Carolina who started coming to the game in 1999 and have only missed the 2004 and 2006 games since.

Definitely a good traditional high school football rivalry in TN. Both programs are well supported in all aspects by their respective communities and have the elite coaching and tradition to maintain their success.

However, with all that being said: MBA vs. BA is the top rivalry in TN high school football, in my opinion. Also, unlike Alcoa and Maryville, they can and have faced each other in a state championship game.

92Dragon, you KNOW it's got to be Clinton vs. AC. AC vs. Oak Ridge has been pretty interesting over the years, also. As has Clinton vs. Oak Ridge.

If O.R. thinks Clinton doesnt like them........just wait till they start playing A.C.! I think the A.C /O.R game will become a more intence rivalry than Clinton/O.R.

When it comes down to good old fashion hate, it's hard to beat Rhea Co/Cleveland in the southeast TN area. The game has ended in a fight 3 or 4 times. It may not get as much publicity as it used to since Red Bank has dominated the region over the past few season (with the exception of last year /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />)

I don't shop in Cleveland, don't eat, and don't drive through there unless it's absolutely unavoidable. It's a filthy, nasty place.

92Dragon, you KNOW it's got to be Clinton vs. AC. AC vs. Oak Ridge has been pretty interesting over the years, also. As has Clinton vs. Oak Ridge.

I cant agree more.... AC vs OR is gonna be great...I think the AC vs Clinton will decide who is on top of the region this year.....AC has always had great talent...and no one can deny that Clinton is loaded this year. Its even the last game of the year i believe...its gonna get interesting. I just dont know about AC's coach yet he was like 14-16 at scott that doesnt prove much to me