Greatest Rivalries in Tennessee?

92Dragon

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In upper east Tennessee for years it's been whoever is playing Dobyns -Bennett,Science Hill or Tennessee High.Every part of the state has games that are just as big to that area.My dad spoke of a fight between Greeneville and the Blue Devils of Erwin in the fifties that had people pulling out weapons from the stands.I never seen that kind of hate but did get a few rocks and eggs thrown in my direction at a couple of games in the seventies.My vote for the last few years overall will have to go to Maryville vs Alcoa.That's a game I would like to see in person

I cant agree more.... AC vs OR is gonna be great...I think the AC vs Clinton will decide who is on top of the region this year.....AC has always had great talent...and no one can deny that Clinton is loaded this year. Its even the last game of the year i believe...its gonna get interesting. I just dont know about AC's coach yet he was like 14-16 at scott that doesnt prove much to me

I think Gillum will have more success at AC than he did at Scott. AC is a bigger school and should have more overall talent. Only time will tell though.

I think Gillum will have more success at AC than he did at Scott. AC is a bigger school and should have more overall talent. Only time will tell though.

Gillum will bring AC to what it was when he was there. AC has never gone to the State until Gillum was there. This first year will be trying but after this year Gillum will take AC to limits beyond what he did as a running back (Semifinals)