Greatest Rivalries in Tennessee?

92Dragon

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa beat Maryville 14-7 in 2000 and have lost 8 in a roll.

There have been several years since that I thought, "this will be the year" for Alcoa to defeat the Rebels, but it just didn't happen.

BTW, that Alcoa vs. Fulton game a couple of years ago was one of the best I've seen, and between two eventual state champions. Alcoa gave Fulton everything they could handle. It will be interesting to see if that is a close game this year. I kind of doubt it. I think Alcoa will handle Fulton pretty easily. That game has the potential to be a great rivalry game over time I think.

According to ESPN College Football Live, they said the best rivalry in Tennessee is Baylor vs McCallie.

The series started 104 years ago and was suspended in 1940 because of violence (now that's a rivalry). The series renewed in 1971. Fourteen future NFL players and three future College Hall of Fame players have played in the series.

• 3 weeks later...

How about in '86 when MJ played at Gallatin. With only a few seconds left Gallatin gave up the safety, then MJ kicked a 52 yard FG to win the game.

hey pride i see you know our history how about in 81 gallatin favored by thirty and we drilled them for mjs first win over the geen wave graves threw for four tds. our first td came via the guardaround which isn't leagal any more

Who do you think the greatest rivalries are in Tennessee?

I know a lot of you don't know about Memphis football, but the greatest rivalry is Whitehaven vs. Fairley!!! The game is always packed to capacity. This game even have fans lined up around the track!!! The line to get in is still long at halftime!!! Sometimes the fire marshall has to come to stop the schools from letting people in. The game is a true neighborhood rivarly. The two schools are like two blocks from each other. Each year the game is exciting. Fairley is a 4A school and Whitehaven is 6A, but when you see the talent on the field, you would think they were equal!!! Fairley had three to sign D1 scholarshipsthis year (7 total) Whitehaven as well. You see future SEC, ACC, Big 12, and Conference USA players when you come to this game!!!

hey pride i see you know our history how about in 81 gallatin favored by thirty and we drilled them for mjs first win over the geen wave graves threw for four tds. our first td came via the guardaround which isn't leagal any more

Mt Juliet did win that game over #1 ranked Gallatin that year 27-20. Graves threw 3 td passes all to Groves for 17, 25 and 77 yards. Had a very controversial call on a roughing the punter that sealed the win for the Bears in the end. Gallatin had a tough time with the Graves to Grove connection all night. Funny thing was that Graves was I believe the backup.

Mt Juliet did win that game over #1 ranked Gallatin that year 27-20. Graves threw 3 td passes all to Groves for 17, 25 and 77 yards. Had a very controversial call on a roughing the punter that sealed the win for the Bears in the end. Gallatin had a tough time with the Graves to Grove connection all night. Funny thing was that Graves was I believe the backup.

graves was the back up marty was sick but he actually threw those passes to brian wilkerson who later signed with vandy