Pre-season AA favorites?

GCPioneer

If that big turkey know-it-all in the orange shirt would stay away from the team. Elizabethton would have less confusion and win a lot more. He has no clue about the womens game.

What are you talking about? Obviously, you don't know anything about Elizabethton. As for winning, our record is pretty darn good. I'm guessing you observed something at team camp that you didn't understand or agree with; however, I'll bet there were intentional motives behind those actions. As for "the women's game", what specifically are you talking about? Although the speed and some of the athleticism of the game is different, the basic fundamentals are the same. Regardless of your disapproval, I expect our team to be good again next year and I would not be at all surprised to see the Lady Cyclones back at State!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Greene should be a strong canidate to return to the borrow this year. They also have a good chance to make a run for a title. One other team I would not leave out would be Greeneville. They are playing in AA for the next four years. Would be nice to see both South Greene and Greeneville make it to state.

I agree South Greene and Greeneville have very good chances to make it to state. I can't wait to see how the new districts and regions turn out.

Indian would know more but I expect Sequatchie to have enough to win the district but Chattanooga Christian will be there along with Grundy County.

Chattanooga Christian will be the team to beat. Sequatchie lost everything, Grundy guard play is suspect. The only thing keeping CCS down is they lost there point guard to a acl injury. Should be back by Christmas.

Gc lost what very well could have been the best defensive player in the state in Jennings. Gardner, a smart player & good shooter will be easily replaced by Hayes. GC does not need any scoring help, but may very well miss Jennings. When she turned up the heat on D last year in the finals , GC rolled. MW will be very hard to handle, as they will be deep and talented. No more will people be able to double Rechis w/o paying the price. Obion is also very solid with Fussell, Pate, Wright, and 2 other good size girls that played well last year. In the area Covington and NSide also look pretty good.

What are you talking about? Obviously, you don't know anything about Elizabethton. As for winning, our record is pretty darn good. I'm guessing you observed something at team camp that you didn't understand or agree with; however, I'll bet there were intentional motives behind those actions. As for "the women's game", what specifically are you talking about? Although the speed and some of the athleticism of the game is different, the basic fundamentals are the same. Regardless of your disapproval, I expect our team to be good again next year and I would not be at all surprised to see the Lady Cyclones back at State!

I agree with the fundamentals part.

I have no motives. When someone across the court, opposit the bench is yelling one thing and the coach in the box is trying to instruct players. There is confusion.

When at half time, that same person from across the court lectures the kids strongly, that is confusion.

The coach in the box made the substitutions.

If the big turkey across the court is a bonifide coach, then why was he not even close to the box? Or the bench for that matter.

Gc lost what very well could have been the best defensive player in the state in Jennings. Gardner, a smart player & good shooter will be easily replaced by Hayes. GC does not need any scoring help, but may very well miss Jennings. When she turned up the heat on D last year in the finals , GC rolled. MW will be very hard to handle, as they will be deep and talented. No more will people be able to double Rechis w/o paying the price. Obion is also very solid with Fussell, Pate, Wright, and 2 other good size girls that played well last year. In the area Covington and NSide also look pretty good.

After watching today, I believe I'm comfortable with what has replaced Garner and Jennings. Garner was actually the best defensive player for Gibson Co. last year, Jennings was just alot quicker. Garner guarded the other teams best player almost every game. Courtney Haynes is right at the same speed as Jennings, don't let that surprise you. I saw GC play several times today. I believe we'll be just as good as last year, if not better. That trio is going to be hard for anyone to stop, esecially down low.

As for Obion, they were without Fussell today. Needless to say, they struggled big time. From what I heard, she was gone to U Of Texas for a camp.

Westview is the team to beat. They are stacked and loaded. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You can send David Russell and Gibson County the Gold Ball again and Westview may be the second best team in the state.

I agree..I saw Gibson Co. about 5 times last year and thought they were the best team I saw and they ended proving that fact..The teams couldn't even get the ball up the court..I thought their second team were as good as a lot of other teams starters..I doubt anything changing because their coach left..From reading so far..looks like nobody has come close..I hope Lake Co plays them in a camp somewhere..just to feel what real pressure is..Gibson Co ,according to Pioneer has looked very good so even if Lake Co is beaten handidly..at least see some things to maybe work on and to at least get a gauge to see if they'll be one of the top Single A teams..Probaly wouldn't hurt Greenfield and Bradford to face them also,although Bradford usually plays them about 3 times..in the regular season and the Christmas tournament..I believe Gibson Co will be there again..Hopefully Lake Co will be there with them..!

After watching today, I believe I'm comfortable with what has replaced Garner and Jennings. Garner was actually the best defensive player for Gibson Co. last year, Jennings was just alot quicker. Garner guarded the other teams best player almost every game. Courtney Haynes is right at the same speed as Jennings, don't let that surprise you. I saw GC play several times today. I believe we'll be just as good as last year, if not better. That trio is going to be hard for anyone to stop, esecially down low.

As for Obion, they were without Fussell today. Needless to say, they struggled big time. From what I heard, she was gone to U Of Texas for a camp.

Westview is the team to beat. They are stacked and loaded. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Is Westview playing in this camp..Or any Single A teams from our district or area..If there are..who has looked preety good or are some of the teams not what you expected?

Last year's state tournament teams and the starters they return:

Gibson Co. (3), Livingston Academy (2), Westview (4), South Greene (3), Elizabethton (4), Bolivar (4), Hume-Fogg (3), McMinn Central (1)

Some other favorites from an earlier thread:

Greeneville returns 8 players on the roster

Chattanooga Christian loses just one senior

Sequatchie Co. returns 3 starters

Upperman returns 3 starters

Obion Central returns 4 starters

Gibson Co. played Humboldt yesterday and could've beaten them by 45-50 points easily. I'll tell you the funniest thing I've ever seen. A starter from Humboldt had an inhaler with her out on the court and stuck it inside her shirt while she was playing. Needless to say, Gibson Co. was pressing the dog mess out of Humboldt in the game, lol. I thought it was pretty funny. I do think that Gibson Co. is just as good as last year, if not better. I'm not giving no one a gold ball right now, look at Marshall Co. last season......

I saw Westview play yesterday. Rechis, Swaim, Olds, and one other girl didn't play. I saw them play against Adamsville and Westviews non starters drilled Adamsville starters. Westview is going to be pretty deep this year in the bench.

I saw Wayne Co. play yesterday. They're from Middle TN, but still Single A. They looked to be very solid, but not as athletic as Humboldt or Lake Co.

I agree..I saw Gibson Co. about 5 times last year and thought they were the best team I saw and they ended proving that fact..The teams couldn't even get the ball up the court..I thought their second team were as good as a lot of other teams starters..I doubt anything changing because their coach left..From reading so far..looks like nobody has come close..I hope Lake Co plays them in a camp somewhere..just to feel what real pressure is..Gibson Co ,according to Pioneer has looked very good so even if Lake Co is beaten handidly..at least see some things to maybe work on and to at least get a gauge to see if they'll be one of the top Single A teams..Probaly wouldn't hurt Greenfield and Bradford to face them also,although Bradford usually plays them about 3 times..in the regular season and the Christmas tournament..I believe Gibson Co will be there again..Hopefully Lake Co will be there with them..!

I don't know bigster, I don't think playing GC helped Bradford much last season....They played three times and lost by an average score of 63-26....That doesn't do much for you really...They lost one time 60-16... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ..Greenfield and Lake County will be good in 1A but they don't need to be playing GC....