Dobyns Bennett Football

they could be working on the "A-11 offense", i know for sure they have plans for the "combo" one formation two offenses, maybe a little wishbone. you will find out when they play

ET, what's the big deal with saying what kind of offense you run? I mean it's not like I'm a guru sitting around gonna' come up with a counter to what ever you or anybody else says you run. It's just football talk for goodness sakes. What's wrong with saying that you run the wishbone (for example) with many custom formations out of it. Or possibly that GC runs bits and pieces of numerous offenses. Your answer of you will find out when they play only goes to prove that you don't know either. It's only curiosity...that's all. Just conversation. I happen to really like the Wishbone. Maybe someone who really knows could answer the question...with as much vaguery as you please...to make sure not to give away any secrets you know. Wouldn't want that. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ET, what's the big deal with saying what kind of offense you run? I mean it's not like I'm a guru sitting around gonna' come up with a counter to what ever you or anybody else says you run. It's just football talk for goodness sakes. What's wrong with saying that you run the wishbone (for example) with many custom formations out of it. Or possibly that GC runs bits and pieces of numerous offenses. Your answer of you will find out when they play only goes to prove that you don't know either. It's only curiosity...that's all. Just conversation. I happen to really like the Wishbone. Maybe someone who really knows could answer the question...with as much vaguery as you please...to make sure not to give away any secrets you know. Wouldn't want that. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

a-11 and combo are real offense the a-11 started in calif. and is headed this way, combo was satrted in the northeast by a highschool coach ,starts out of a single wing. google them .

a-11 and combo are real offense the a-11 started in calif. and is headed this way, combo was satrted in the northeast by a highschool coach ,starts out of a single wing. google them .

A-11 is dead in the water before it ever will become a household name. I don't have to Google it. The NFL won't have it. If the NFL won't have it then the NCAA won't have it. If the NCAA won't have it then any self respecting highschool coach in the country won't touch it. It's a gimmick. It's trickery. It demeans the game. Who needs linemen anymore right? Everybody is a skill player. Let's run three QB's and play keep away...kind of like slow down on a basketball court. AIG, Ford, Chrysler, and GM are bankrupt because of gimmickery and labor unions so what the hey...let's bastardize football too. C'mon man...tell me you really don't advocate this crock?

You see, I'm ahead of you. I had a highschool coach that ran this offense. Yeah...in 1971. And no it wasn't called the A-11. We split the line in 2 and sometimes 3 sections putting more skill on the field to do exactly what it is designed to do...baffle the D. He was a genius (borderline psycho) who taught me the coveted 6 Running Back techniques which have all but faded away. Which is what I taught my son at the tender age of 10. If he was real smart he would have developed the spread then and become a legend. Instead we broke up into 4 groups and practiced at covert locations so no scout could know what we had planned. We never won more than 2 games a season so it really didn't matter but he was fanatical in secrecy. Yeah we had a bit of success with it but mostly it faultered because we didn't practice it as a team...on our own field. This offense has a following but I, for one, don't think it has a future...nor believe it should. It's eccentric at best...as I am beginning to think you are.

A-11 is dead in the water before it ever will become a household name. I don't have to Google it. The NFL won't have it. If the NFL won't have it then the NCAA won't have it. If the NCAA won't have it then any self respecting highschool coach in the country won't touch it. It's a gimmick. It's trickery. It demeans the game. Who needs linemen anymore right? Everybody is a skill player. Let's run three QB's and play keep away...kind of like slow down on a basketball court. AIG, Ford, Chrysler, and GM are bankrupt because of gimmickery and labor unions so what the hey...let's bastardize football too. C'mon man...tell me you really don't advocate this crock?

You see, I'm ahead of you. I had a highschool coach that ran this offense. Yeah...in 1971. And no it wasn't called the A-11. We split the line in 2 and sometimes 3 sections putting more skill on the field to do exactly what it is designed to do...baffle the D. He was a genius (borderline psycho) who taught me the coveted 6 Running Back techniques which have all but faded away. Which is what I taught my son at the tender age of 10. If he was real smart he would have developed the spread then and become a legend. Instead we broke up into 4 groups and practiced at covert locations so no scout could know what we had planned. We never won more than 2 games a season so it really didn't matter but he was fanatical in secrecy. Yeah we had a bit of success with it but mostly it faultered because we didn't practice it as a team...on our own field. This offense has a following but I, for one, don't think it has a future...nor believe it should. It's eccentric at best...as I am beginning to think you are.

WoW! Have you been "Bar Hoppin'' with Otis tonight.

Graham Clark was ranked 2nd in the 100 or more games category. Stubbs was ranked 2nd in the 50-99 games category. Directly behind Stubbs was McCurry (Greeneville) and then Stacy Carter. This was prior to the 2008 season. Looking at last years records, however, Stacy should jump to the number one slot.

I know Graham's winning percentage stands at .826 right now. I was wondering who is number one and what is his winning percentage?

my god i didn't expect to upset you that much , i think you just like to hear yourself type , i think you are narcistic at best , border line Bi polar at least

just fishin ,took it hook ,line ,sinker and pole. genius

my god i didn't expect to upset you that much , i think you just like to hear yourself type , i think you are narcistic at best , border line Bi polar at least

You're the one who freakin' brought it up...like it's a tornado headed this way. You don't have a clue what DB runs and you don't have a clue what the A-11 is. You were probably in the band. You just like to drop buzz words to look cool. Make it look like you are in the know. So I call you out on it and you got to call me narcistic. I'll take the bi-polar thing 'cause we are all bi-polar. But we're not all wannabes'. Like yourself. Instead to just say I'm not sure or wait and let someone with some sense like Batman answer the question you gotta' be cool and look all the football intelect by answering me with sarcastic undertones implying I don't know what you speak of and that you will surprise us. And now you look stupid because you didn't do your homework to find out that the A-11 is already outlawed. And now you're gonna' try and make me look bad by saying I'm narcistic. Ok let's go with that. I'm narcistic and I'm bipolar. I love myself and I'm crazy (sometimes). BUT, at least I know what I talk about and when I talk about it. Buzzwords are for instigators. They are the panzies that set off smoke bombs and run and hide and see who gets in trouble. Me...I got nothing to hide and the books speak loud and clear. And to think all I asked was a simple question...What offense does DB run? You better go let D dust you off.