Clinton, AC, OR, Powell

thekidd0086

Thanks for the info. I was listening to sports talk the other day and a caller asked about UT recruiting Stone and somebody said the only knock on him was he wasn't tall enough. I don't know how tall he is but he sure seems to have everything else a quarterback needs in college. Kier Houston had a great arm and Stone's looked even better in last year's Powell/Clinton game.

Murphy Fair has Stone listed as 6'1 195lb, but i think he is closer to 6'0 185lb. I dont think Stone would fit Tennessee's offense. TN wants a pro style QB. At the Anderson Co. Jamboree last year, Stone was tip toeing the goal line and threw the ball 65 yards. So yeah, he has a strong arm and i think his 40 time is about 4.6 , so he is not the fastest by any means, but he has great vision and good moves.

There is a pretty good QB playing for a big 12 team that is only 5'11.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard yesterday on a local sports show that Kentucky, Texas, Miss. St are some of the schools looking at Stone so far. I think Miss St. seems to be the most interested in him at this point.

There is a big difference in looking and offering. Chad Coleman had all kinds of schools looking at him, but none were really interested once they saw film or in person. (not to mention his ACT) I would love to see Stone at UT, but he would probably be playing slot.

There is a big difference in looking and offering. Chad Coleman had all kinds of schools looking at him, but none were really interested once they saw film or in person. (not to mention his ACT) I would love to see Stone at UT, but he would probably be playing slot.

Ageed. Stone is a terrific athlete, and a very good quarterback, but he just doesn't appear to fit what UT is looking for in a pro style QB. Coach Kiffin made the decision to pass on Taj Boyd last year, and Boyd is very similar in style to Stone, only a little bigger. Boyd was rated by Rivals as one of the top 5 "combo" style QBs in the country.

I really like Stone and believe he can play QB at a high level of D1-A football. The key will be for him to find the right fit for what he does best. I believe he would be great in a run and shoot/spread type of offense - somewhere like an East Carolina or a Southern Mississippi, for example.

indiangiver,

When schools look at a player, one can assume they ARE INTERESTED. It's usually because they HAVE seen film or seen the player in person or the players' reputation warrants such. Coleman had offers from Louisville, Air Force, and Tusculum. His ACT apparently was GOOD ENOUGH. He had an academic offer from Ferrum. So, don't you worry your little jealous, uninformed, Oneida self too much. He's not a quitter. Coleman will be playing on Saturday's. (I bet you didn't even know he signed...ON NATIONAL SIGNING DAY....it was in the Knoxville News Sentinal, in case you missed it.)

Stone is an excellent athlete. Well worth ANY schools time and effort. Don't look for UT's interest too much. Sad to say, but UT is not exactly known to recruit local in-state talent. Maybe that might change with Kiffin at the helm. But if Kiffin doesn't get his act together, I don't know that the local in-state talent might not want to consider playing Saturday football elsewhere. Kiffen has a knack for staying in as much trouble as some of his recruits. The only question with Stone, would be his size.

What about Kier Houston? Does anyone know if he has decided to play football on Saturdays? If so, where? Good quarterback, also. Should be playing somewhere.

First of all, you have no clue what your talking about when your talking about coleman! Did you not read recruiting day 09? It cleary stated even though he signed with TUSCULUM, that he had offers from AIR FORCE, GARDNER WEBB, AND MARS HILL! so whats up with act pop shot? at least he didnt walk on at tc like the slaven kid! Did i mention that he was 1st team all region jr-sr yr, all state sr yr, MVP of the TN-KY BORDER BOWL on defence, 2009 MURPHY FAIR REGION 2-3A ALL ACADEMIC TEAM,selected to both ALL STAR games, so why are being so negetive torward that kid? If his act was so bad then why did Brian Kelly the head coach of cinncinatti bearcats, a team who just lost to virginia tech in the orange bowl, call his dad at work to offer him, only to find out had all ready signed. Act must of not been that bad to get offers like that!

What about Kier Houston? Does anyone know if he has decided to play football on Saturdays? If so, where? Good quarterback, also. Should be playing somewhere.

Kier opted to go the juco route and try to up his stock. He'll be playing at Fort Scott Community College in Kansas this fall. Fort Scott plays in the same league as does Independence, Garden City, and Coffeyville, so he'll see some pretty good juco teams and will get a lot of exposure.

Chad Coleman is a heck of a player and a great kid. I wish we (Clinton) had a couple of more players like Coleman! I wish him luck in whatever and where ever he ends up!

Chad Coleman is a heck of a player and a great kid. I wish we (Clinton) had a couple of more players like Coleman! I wish him luck in whatever and where ever he ends up!

Thank you sir, i dont understand, why people thats not from this area, always want to down grade AC, CLINTON,AND OR players for.

Punisher, Because they can and they like to be negative towards everything and everybody. Ignore them.

BUMP! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Kier opted to go the juco route and try to up his stock. He'll be playing at Fort Scott Community College in Kansas this fall. Fort Scott plays in the same league as does Independence, Garden City, and Coffeyville, so he'll see some pretty good juco teams and will get a lot of exposure.

Thanks for the info. Good Luck to him!

Thank you sir, i dont understand, why people thats not from this area, always want to down grade AC, CLINTON,AND OR players for.

We ( Clinton, AC, and O.R.) need to stick together and show the Knoxville area teams how good our county teams are! I would love for our three teams to make the playoffs out of our district this year! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

We ( Clinton, AC, and O.R.) need to stick together and show the Knoxville area teams how good our county teams are! I would love for our three teams to make the playoffs out of our district this year! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I agree 100% ,but can we do that.