Clinton, AC, OR, Powell

thekidd0086

Here is some more helpful information. According to TSSAA, there are 5 districts that each have an odd number of 5A teams - districts 4, 9, 10, 12, and 14. Excluding wild card teams, there are 27 automatic playoff spots, which leaves 5 wild card spots available from those 5 districts.

Similarly, there are 24 automatic bids for 6A teams, while there will be 8 wild card spots available for teams from 7 districts (districts 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 13, and 16 have an odd number of teams), if my math is correct.

Thanks OSUnut2, those explanations were very helpful. And I agree with you on your expectations for District 3, particularly your call on the battle b/w AC, Powell, Halls and Central for the last two automatic bids.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks OSUnut2, those explanations were very helpful. And I agree with you on your expectations for District 3, particularly your call on the battle b/w AC, Powell, Halls and Central for the last two automatic bids.

Now I'm starting to find some conflicting reports. According to the Chattanooga Free Press last fall, wild card berths would go to teams with the next-best records to round out a playoff bracket at 32 teams. So it looks like those wild card spots could actually be filled by teams from any district, not just districts with an odd number of teams. Confused yet?!

Now I'm starting to find some conflicting reports. According to the Chattanooga Free Press last fall, wild card berths would go to teams with the next-best records to round out a playoff bracket at 32 teams. So it looks like those wild card spots could actually be filled by teams from any district, not just districts with an odd number of teams. Confused yet?!

That's what i was gonna say the other day......not every district will have a team get an automatic wild card.

osunut2, check out bbbtv12.com wednesday night at 8:00 and a guy named Earl Nalls (not sure if i spelled it correctly) will be on trying to explain the playoffs for this coming up year. If you live in Anderson or Roane county, you can watch it on comcast channel 12. Should be interesting!

osunut2, check out bbbtv12.com wednesday night at 8:00 and a guy named Earl Nalls (not sure if i spelled it correctly) will be on trying to explain the playoffs for this coming up year. If you live in Anderson or Roane county, you can watch it on comcast channel 12. Should be interesting!

Clinton outscored Farragut 6-1 this evening and outscored Fulton 3-1 yesterday in the 7-on-7.

Clinton outscored Farragut 6-1 this evening and outscored Fulton 3-1 yesterday in the 7-on-7.

Hold on there 92D...I don't want to rain on your smoke, but, we all know it's a different matter when the pads are on. I understand your excitement. I'm looking forward to seeing what Clinton has this year and what they can do. If their OL is suspect, then we'll just have to wait and see. Did they really outscore Farragut 6-1???

What about AC? Haven't gotten to go. Haven't heard much news on their performances.

Football doesn't count without the pads period! It's like hitting off a pitching machine, when they can put it in your ear it get's a wee bit more difficult. No dog in this fight, but changes things quite a bit!!!

He knows that but id rather win than lose if were gonna do 7o7

Hold on there 92D...I don't want to rain on your smoke, but, we all know it's a different matter when the pads are on. I understand your excitement. I'm looking forward to seeing what Clinton has this year and what they can do. If their OL is suspect, then we'll just have to wait and see. Did they really outscore Farragut 6-1???

What about AC? Haven't gotten to go. Haven't heard much news on their performances.

Yeah, Clinton outscored Farragut 6-1. I agree with you oppressed, this is just a passing league and its alot different when they put the pads on! As far as AC goes, i think AC will be at Maryville College tomorrow if you would like to go check them out. This 7-on-7 stuff is kinda fun to watch, especially if the teams are playing in a tournament!

You can't read anything into 7-on-7, but I know it's a lot more fun to do well than it is to struggle. Powell made it to the championship at Webb, which was fun, then got hammered, which was not so much fun. I think one thing kids can take away from passing leagues when they do well is some confidence, but you have to have perspective. If I'm Clinton I'm still pretty excited about doing so well against Farragut.

Football doesn't count without the pads period! It's like hitting off a pitching machine, when they can put it in your ear it get's a wee bit more difficult. No dog in this fight, but changes things quite a bit!!!

Right on the money, sir. All of this pass stuff is good and fine, but it's a bit different when the pads are popping and the big uglies are up there in front.

How is your son in Clarksville doing, by the way?