Class 5A Coaches Poll

Guest catsvoice

The coaches in Class 5A have voted in Murphy Fair's Tennessee High School Football Magazine and here is their top ten.

1 Hillsboro

2 Henry Co.

3 Melrose

4 Knoxville Catholic

5 Mitchell

6 Gallatin

7 Beech

8 Clinton

9 Cleveland

10 Sullivan South

I'm not sure the Burros can win another title in this class, at least this year. Joe Gaddis and Henry Co. are loaded with talent and I also like Melrose, KC, and Mitchell in the top five. Sullivan South is another team that has a real shot to end up in Cookeville if the playoff bracket falls their way.

It honestly shocks me that west isnt on the top 10...clinton isnt that good they have a monster at quarter back but other than that all they have is a decent runnin back and a bunch of moderately fast receivers who can't catch a lick and as for gallatin and melrose they dont have many atheletes at all and what good teams have they beat what have they earned some of you need to really look at the things that west brings to the table. They have Austin Saal who is a big time D-1 prospect playing tight end and D-end they have Steven Gybeson who is arguable the best cover corner in east tennessee they have a amazing running back tandom they have Brad Reid who if you've ever see this kid play you'd know that he has a moter that doesn't stop running till the wistle blows and he brings the lumber. there yung QB Francis has developed nicely towards the end of last season and will lead this team and they're returning nearly all there starters on both sides of the ball. What about them doesn't make them sound like a legitamate play off team???

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It honestly shocks me that west isnt on the top 10...clinton isnt that good they have a monster at quarter back but other than that all they have is a decent runnin back and a bunch of moderately fast receivers who can't catch a lick and as for gallatin and melrose they dont have many atheletes at all and what good teams have they beat what have they earned some of you need to really look at the things that west brings to the table. They have Austin Saal who is a big time D-1 prospect playing tight end and D-end they have Steven Gybeson who is arguable the best cover corner in east tennessee they have a amazing running back tandom they have Brad Reid who if you've ever see this kid play you'd know that he has a moter that doesn't stop running till the wistle blows and he brings the lumber. there yung QB Francis has developed nicely towards the end of last season and will lead this team and they're returning nearly all there starters on both sides of the ball. What about them doesn't make them sound like a legitamate play off team???

I dont think West can beat Maryville, Farragut, or Catholic and with 3 district losses......West will not be going to the playoffs. That is why West doesnt sound like a legitamate playoff team. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I dont think West can beat Maryville, Farragut, or Catholic and with 3 district losses......West will not be going to the playoffs. That is why West doesnt sound like a legitamate playoff team. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

and if those three teams are west's only loses then they can go to the playoffs because 4 teams go it would jus depend on west and cathlic beating beardon if that happends then west is in the playoffs.

but dont even be so quick to say that cathlic beats west i heard there not goin to be running the wing-t anymore and if there not i dont see them having as much success with a fresh new offense. west and cathlic will be a good game and west may win they have won quite a few games that they werent suppose to win in past years take last year against clinton they pulled it off, or playoffs last year at red bank went to three over times and they pulled out the win or even against halls they still pulled out the upset dont count them out just yet

and as for gallatin and melrose they dont have many atheletes at all

Congragulations, you are the first person to ever say that Memphis Melrose has no athletes! That is similar to saying that UT has no orange or Lendell White has no cheeseburger. Are you kidding me? Melrose's band has more athletes than some football programs.

Are you joking or just that misinformed?

Melrose has no athletes?

West has what 13 or 14 playoff games under their belt and Gallatin has 73....ha your the reason this board is so much fun.

Congragulations, you are the first person to ever say that Memphis Melrose has no athletes! That is similar to saying that UT has no orange or Lendell White has no cheeseburger. Are you kidding me? Melrose's band has more athletes than some football programs.

Are you joking or just that misinformed?

Melrose has no athletes?

West has what 13 or 14 playoff games under their belt and Gallatin has 73....ha your the reason this board is so much fun.

When they prove themselves against east tennessee teams then they get some respect everyone knows in state competition 8/10 of the games will be won by east tenn. teams. As far as there atheletes go when i hear of some of these supposed atheletes ill let you know, and i never said they weren't good i just questioned there atheletic ability compared to teams in the east.

Melrose has athletes 2nd to none. Those defenses they had in 2004 and 2005 were by far the best defenses I ever seen a Maryville team go against.

Well i will apoligize to all melrose fans then i was mistaken about there atheletic ability, but they still gotta prove themselves against East Tenn. teams before I admit there a powerhouse like everyone else is saying.

When they prove themselves against east tennessee teams then they get some respect everyone knows in state competition 8/10 of the games will be won by east tenn. teams. As far as there atheletes go when i hear of some of these supposed atheletes ill let you know, and i never said they weren't good i just questioned there atheletic ability compared to teams in the east.

You are funny.

Gallatin has more wins against East Tenn teams then losses. Rhea Co, Clinton, Baylor, just to name a few off the top of my head. Fact is Gallatin does play more teams from the other parts of the state but that is because in the past those teams have beaten each other before they play the middle Tenn teams. Besides Maryville not too many upper tier teams have made it that far as of late. Don't compare Knox West to teams you obviously have no clue about.

You are funny.

Gallatin has more wins against East Tenn teams then losses. Rhea Co, Clinton, Baylor, just to name a few off the top of my head. Fact is Gallatin does play more teams from the other parts of the state but that is because in the past those teams have beaten each other before they play the middle Tenn teams. Besides Maryville not too many upper tier teams have made it that far as of late. Don't compare Knox West to teams you obviously have no clue about.

Your questioning my knowledge? Ok bud two can play this game. What about you how much do you really know about east tenn. teams, the reason most didnt reach to far in the playoffs is because maryville and also who...yep thats right west if it wasnt for maryville, the past two years west would have easily been a 3rd 4th round team now that the big bad bullies maryville have gone up let the other easy tennessee teams show you how high school football is over here. Trust me when I say were more then ready to pick up the slack.

You are funny.

Gallatin beat the best Clinton team we have ever had back in 92'. Clinton was 14-1, and the one loss was to Gallatin! Clinton had beaten Oak Ridge, Maryville, and Riverdale that year.

and if those three teams are west's only loses then they can go to the playoffs because 4 teams go it would jus depend on west and cathlic beating beardon if that happends then west is in the playoffs.

but dont even be so quick to say that cathlic beats west i heard there not goin to be running the wing-t anymore and if there not i dont see them having as much success with a fresh new offense. west and cathlic will be a good game and west may win they have won quite a few games that they werent suppose to win in past years take last year against clinton they pulled it off, or playoffs last year at red bank went to three over times and they pulled out the win or even against halls they still pulled out the upset dont count them out just yet

Wait until you see Catholics new offense. Incredible. All i have to say. No predictions yet, but believe me, its not what you would expect from catholic.