halls vs. clinton 2009 week 0

hallsfan10

Right and clintons second and third string teams beat campbell county's first string that bad... Honestly how good do you think clintons first string is? But we can talk about it all day.. it really comes down to who comes out and is ready to play.. i just believe (as of right now) that Clinton has way to many weapons for Anderson County and Halls in Week 0 to handle

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right and clintons second and third string teams beat campbell county's first string that bad... Honestly how good do you think clintons first string is? But we can talk about it all day.. it really comes down to who comes out and is ready to play.. i just believe (as of right now) that Clinton has way to many weapons for Anderson County and Halls in Week 0 to handle

Lets hope everyone stays healty. I hope it comes down to having to win to make the playoffs cause if clintons healthy and wins the region which I dont think they will. Do you think they will chance there star players getting hurt? Lets hope it comes down to whoever wins this game wins the region. That would be a great game!!! But take care of those :roflolk: first!!!!

Ok you are all talking about a game that is 11 weeks away????????

THANK YOU!

It could really be interesting if it's a rainy one on Friday. Clinton has a good running game (many who are not Dragon fans fail to remember that), and Halls runs the wing t, which gave the Dragons fits against Webb. Does anyone else think that bad weather may work in Halls' favor? I still think the Dragons should beat Halls, but I think that it becomes even more dangerous in the rain. Halls is a hard nosed team that could give the Dragons trouble in any weather. I really look forward to this one, but I am concerned that the weather could swing the pendulum in Halls' direction.

Ok you are all talking about a game that is 11 weeks away????????

THANK YOU!

It could really be interesting if it's a rainy one on Friday. Clinton has a good running game (many who are not Dragon fans fail to remember that), and Halls runs the wing t, which gave the Dragons fits against Webb. Does anyone else think that bad weather may work in Halls' favor? I still think the Dragons should beat Halls, but I think that it becomes even more dangerous in the rain. Halls is a hard nosed team that could give the Dragons trouble in any weather. I really look forward to this one, but I am concerned that the weather could swing the pendulum in Halls' direction.

Yeah it could.....but I still think Clintons got it, stone throws good in the rain(Central Game last year is an example) Ive been watching the weather and I think the rain will be gone by kick-off. I think halls will be surprised by weston, and he could be a huge factor in the game....

There is a lot of talk about how well Clinton is going to do and how bad Clinton is going to beat Halls. I still say it is going to be a good game and the end result remains to be seen.

Rain...that changes anybody's game no matter how good a thrower you may be...you gotta have somebody on the other end of the wet ball that can catch it.

I'm just going to say good luck to these boys who have worked hard spring and summer to get ready for this week zero game. Lets hope everyone stays healthy and free from injuries.

Good Luck Halls...behind you all the way!

True oakridge is a bad team but we played basic offense dont want to show nothing didnt really want to play. But 1st team played basic offense whithout showing nothing and ran 9 min off the clock then put jv team in. Would it be smart to try to kill someone in a jamboree and show what you have when you got to play all the teams that was there? NO! ball controll get the score and win 1st qt 3 to 0. Just like we did.

i really dont see what the big deal is with "not showin what ya got" you do realize that unless its the first game of the season that every game a team plays is prepared for with game film of every team the other one has played during the season, coaches have access to game tape from any game from the last few years so unless a team has tons of different packages at the ready, very rare in highschool, then other teams are gonna see what they have. yeah AC does play both OR and Clinton this year but it really doesnt matter what they show. the only thing that i think matters in a jamboree is to treat it like an NFL preseason game, get your starters out for a series or two to get them some real game PT and then pull em before they get hurt cause its only a jamboree. I think its actually dumb of AC to not run their regular Offense since from what i hear theyve revamped it considerably and im sure they can use all the game situation practice they can get to be as prepared as possible for the regular season. And dont act like AC is being smart or classy by only puttin up 3 and winnin the 1st quarter, you know as well as i do that if they coulda hung 34 on OR they would have in a heartbeat, 9 minutes of ball control is great but if your gonna hold the rock that long atleast get a TD outta it.

Now back to the game at hand, from what ive heard the halls defense is much better than it was last year, regardless i still dont see them being a real threat to clinton based on them having to go with a back-up QB this early in the season, i think this will probably really limit their offensive production and maybe even equate into a few turnovers for clinton so im gonna stick with my original prediction clinton rolls 37-14. GO DRAGONS!!!!

I'm hearing lots of Mav fans say they'll be at the game as well. It's just down the road and is between two district opponents. Ah, good times, good times. Anyhow, a friend whose son plays at Halls tells me that the defensive backfield is much faster and athletic this year which, coupled with a wet field, would seem to hurt Clinton. However, he also says that the defensive line and linebackers are not as big this year, which obviously helps Mr. Hazelhurst and Clinton's running game. Should be a good one. :ph34r: In my mind it's even money.

I don't know how to read this one. Two years ago Stone and Hazelhurst gave a tough Maryville defense trouble. Stone's mobility and speed with Weston's power running where a great combination. Especially impressive was Stone's ability to evade pressure and throw mid-range passes (10-15 yards). The defense just couldn't stop Maryville's offense. If Clinton's defense is improved the combination could be fatal for the Red Devils.

Hall's offense was explosive last year, and tough to contain, as long as everybody was healthy. I hear the defensive line for Hall's will need to step up. Last year they held Maryville scoreless thru 3 quarters. No small feat! The loss of their field general will hurt the pass game but not the run which is their strength. The key will be containing Stone.

The wet field will hurt both teams (ball control) and Hall's field will be wet and sloppy. This will give an advantage to the team that can pound the rock. Kicking and field position will be critical. Whoever can get the short field will win the game.

The wet field will hurt Stone's mobility (depends on speed and quick cuts). I personally believe Hall's will play with inspiration and just a bit more discipline. Home field advantage makes me feel Hall's will win this one in a low scoring game.

Halls 13 Clinton 8

I don't know how to read this one. Two years ago Stone and Hazelhurst gave a tough Maryville defense trouble. Stone's mobility and speed with Weston's power running where a great combination. Especially impressive was Stone's ability to evade pressure and throw mid-range passes (10-15 yards). The defense just couldn't stop Maryville's offense. If Clinton's defense is improved the combination could be fatal for the Red Devils.

Hall's offense was explosive last year, and tough to contain, as long as everybody was healthy. I hear the defensive line for Hall's will need to step up. Last year they held Maryville scoreless thru 3 quarters. No small feat! The loss of their field general will hurt the pass game but not the run which is their strength. The key will be containing Stone.

The wet field will hurt both teams (ball control) and Hall's field will be wet and sloppy. This will give an advantage to the team that can pound the rock. Kicking and field position will be critical. Whoever can get the short field will win the game.

The wet field will hurt Stone's mobility (depends on speed and quick cuts). I personally believe Hall's will play with inspiration and just a bit more discipline. Home field advantage makes me feel Hall's will win this one in a low scoring game.

Halls 13 Clinton 8

ive never understood how anyone can say a player can be hurt by bad field conditions when the defense is also faced with the same bad footing, in my opinion it hurts both teams equally, the runner is limited in his cuts but the defense also faces footing problems when they try to adjust to any moves the runner is capable of pulling off, also as a former player i hated playing D on a rainy day because it made tackling and holding onto strong runners much harder. Both stone and weston are strong runners, especially weston who is up to a very solid 210 this year, i feel like a wet night shouldnt slow the dragons down much at all and i still expect a high scoring game. Stone is a great passer in the rain and should still be able to produce huge gains on screens and slants (clintons bread and butter) even if the rain is heavy and limits the long ball. The strength and size of TE chapman is also going to come in handy, his height and speed should create mismatches with the halls secondary and linebackers and his ability to get north to south will only be helped by slippery conditions, rain or no rain i still say its a blowout by clinton