South @ Knox West

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I first heard the sad news at 5:30 this a.m :popcorneater: ....and i am truly ,truly sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to Logue family, and to the staff, team and all of his friends and classmates. Such a tragedy...I can,t imagine the pain your having to endure :cry:

My prayers and thoughts are with you....God Bless you #54 and god speed.

Deepest condolences to the family, friends and all of those who knew Jake so well. Our thoughts and prayers are with each of you during this most difficult time.

While this was most tragic, we all know Jake was doing what he loved. He knows each of those who loved him most will be in grief, but I don't think he would want anyone to give up. I'm sure his greatest wish would be for his team to pick up the pieces and play hard, win and succeed in the coming year. He will be with you in spirit as you travel on your journey to victory this year. May we one day be so lucky to be taken by God doing exactly what we enjoy the most. Sure it's hard on those we love and leave behind, but he's resting in the most beautiful place now. RIP Jake until we see you again! Your loved and greatly missed by all.

I was wondering will the Knoxville West football players be attending Jake's funeral Wednesday? I know if I was on this team or a senior to be exact, I would ask the coaches to skip practice and drive up. I know that West held a vigil Saturday but it would only be fitting to attend the funeral as well..

I plan to mail a similar personal letter to your coach but I would like to share this with the parents and fans as well:

Dear Knox West Football Staff and Players:

As a parent of a Sullivan South football player and friend of the Logue family, I wanted to personally thank you for the dignified and respectful manner your team exhibited during the tragic happenings this past Friday night. Your staff and players displayed tremendous character and class in those final few minutes on the field and the following days. It is obvious to me that your program is instilling values that will serve these young men well beyond football.

I also wanted to reassure each of your players that this was an event over which none of us had any control. I feel certain that that the Sullivan South family wishes your team nothing but success for your remaining season and school year. I know that I will be pulling for you for years to come. Your kindness under difficult circumstances will not be forgotten!

I will attempt to be brief. I am a Souther. This is not an attempt at closure. For some things must never close. Jake will stand as a directional to a place not found on anyone's GPS. A place we all dream of. A place we know in our hardest heart is true. The directions are only found in our hearts. There are many roads through many varied terrains. But the destination is the same.

We at Sullivan South are so very fortunate to have a group of Coaches who, led by Stacy Carter, teach not football, not tackling, not offense or defense, but instead the makings of a man. For some it is a life long ambition. But suffice to say that the success of our program is founded in the notion that in your heart lay the directions for life. And unconditional love is the key for finding the destination. I applaud these men for the sacrifices they make on behalf of our children.

As well we are fortunate to have many medical professionals so close to the program. They are led by Dr.s Phillips and Hudson. With Dr. Hudson being a superb ER Physician for the past umpteen thousand years whose experience we all share. They come to watch the game and support our team and their children all the while knowing what can ultimately be expected of them.

As they worked tirelessly on Jake many minutes past when softly drifting down through the still air floated a lone feather into my wifes hand. Herself a medical professional for decades. As it approached she tapped me on the shoulder and said, "look". She, a hardened nurse with much experience began to weep. I as well. For we both knew the meaning of this lone feather. As I looked at the simplest of signs I knew our Monstrosity of a Defensive Tackle had been called up. I felt the meaning of life. Jake was at that moment, Roylaty. His sacrifice is for us to see and behold the notion of unconditional love.

Knox West Rebels, know that from one band of Rebels to another we are now blood brothers. Through one young mans faith we are united in one heart and whether we are good, bad, or indifferent we can not deny the power thereof. We have no control in this life except to learn unconditional love. Your support has been undying.

You Knoxvillians have a sacred place on your five yard line on the outside hash mark. That would be green grass and high tides forever. May that rainbow reside over your field until time indefinate. It will always be a sacred place.

My tears turn to a smile as I realize that Jake succeeded in learning Stacy Carter's teachings. And that he left this place giving it all he had, pedal to the metal living through his heart.

Jake Logue...it was a wonderful experience knowing you for the short time I did.

I will attempt to be brief. I am a Souther. This is not an attempt at closure. For some things must never close. Jake will stand as a directional to a place not found on anyone's GPS. A place we all dream of. A place we know in our hardest heart is true. The directions are only found in our hearts. There are many roads through many varied terrains. But the destination is the same.

We at Sullivan South are so very fortunate to have a group of Coaches who, led by Stacy Carter, teach not football, not tackling, not offense or defense, but instead the makings of a man. For some it is a life long ambition. But suffice to say that the success of our program is founded in the notion that in your heart lay the directions for life. And unconditional love is the key for finding the destination. I applaud these men for the sacrifices they make on behalf of our children.

As well we are fortunate to have many medical professionals so close to the program. They are led by Dr.s Phillips and Hudson. With Dr. Hudson being a superb ER Physician for the past umpteen thousand years whose experience we all share. They come to watch the game and support our team and their children all the while knowing what can ultimately be expected of them.

As they worked tirelessly on Jake many minutes past when softly drifting down through the still air floated a lone feather into my wifes hand. Herself a medical professional for decades. As it approached she tapped me on the shoulder and said, "look". She, a hardened nurse with much experience began to weep. I as well. For we both knew the meaning of this lone feather. As I looked at the simplest of signs I knew our Monstrosity of a Defensive Tackle had been called up. I felt the meaning of life. Jake was at that moment, Roylaty. His sacrifice is for us to see and behold the notion of unconditional love.

Knox West Rebels, know that from one band of Rebels to another we are now blood brothers. Through one young mans faith we are united in one heart and whether we are good, bad, or indifferent we can not deny the power thereof. We have no control in this life except to learn unconditional love. Your support has been undying.

You Knoxvillians have a sacred place on your five yard line on the outside hash mark. That would be green grass and high tides forever. May that rainbow reside over your field until time indefinate. It will always be a sacred place.

My tears turn to a smile as I realize that Jake succeeded in learning Stacy Carter's teachings. And that he left this place giving it all he had, pedal to the metal living through his heart.

Jake Logue...it was a wonderful experience knowing you for the short time I did.

You know......You are forgetting one other person that came down there to watch her son play and was there working on Jake also, #56 mom, Karen Long who is a icu rn herself ,plus Ron the trainer, countless emt's, paramedics, and firemen.It's hard on everyone but them too because they knew the kid well , but their sons their son was watching them, because that boy was a great person, player, friend to each and everyone of those kids.God bless that family . the team and coaches. And everyone that tried to save his life.We appreciate everyone of you emmensely and are glad that you are there for our South family.

You know......You are forgetting one other person that came down there to watch her son play and was there working on Jake also, #56 mom, Karen Long who is a icu rn herself ,plus Ron the trainer, countless emt's, paramedics, and firemen.It's hard on everyone but them too because they knew the kid well , but their sons their son was watching them, because that boy was a great person, player, friend to each and everyone of those kids.God bless that family . the team and coaches. And everyone that tried to save his life.We appreciate everyone of you emmensely and are glad that you are there for our South family.

You're so right 83. Karen Long is always a volunteer and a source of knowlege and inspiration. As well her husband Albert. And yes, Ron our trainer is tireless in his job to keep our boys healthy. The list does in fact go on and on. But Mom being there as it happened is probably the hardest part for me to deal with. I'm still trying to understand the strength she possesed to endure that evening.

Comp said it all, and so elegantly so. For once... even I was at a loss for words and was literally brought to tears as I heard the story unfold the night of this tragic occurrence. I couldn't help but make the relationship with the night my son hysterically called me and could only manage to mutter the words "He's gone Daddy... Seths' gone" between the tears and emotion as he was trying to tell me the news of the tragic loss of his good friend and teammate Seth Coy in a car accident just last month. What do you say at times like these... it will be ok? Because it's not ok... and it's not going to be ok for a long time. There will ultimately be questions and speculations over how and why this happened, but the reality of it is... it's God's timing... and shouldn't ever be looked at any other way. I know its very hard to see at this time... but there is and will be a positive that comes out of this tragidy. JAKE wouldn't have it any other way from what I've learned about this young man over the course of this week.

I have had the pleasure of meeting many Sullivan South athletes and family members, and have developed meaningful relationships and memories with many of them over the years. To you and the rest of the Rebel family... I share your pain. To JAKE'S family I must say... for me to say I could begin to know and feel the pain you must have to endure at this bereaved time would be an untruth... because I can only imagine; and just that thought threatens to bring me to my knees. But what I will tell you is that if there is anything that I personally could do that would even begin to easy your pain during this trial... I would or will not hesitate.

A week ago many of us didn't know JAKE LOGUE, but tonight JAKE'S life was honored in football stadiums all over the state of Tennessee and beyond by THOUSANDS. With prayers and a moment of silence we celebrated the life of someone that was obviously loved by as many people that knew him. I have no doubt that JAKE felt it tonight... and as he looked down on tonight's proceedings, I bet he couldn't help but smile as he realized how his life and testimony has touched so many. He will be missed.