Trousdale Co. @ Macon Co.

geo1126

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see or hear the game, and I would like to know what happened, but there aren't many details. There have only been 9 posts since the game started, and some of them are not particularly about the game. What happened? How many points were scored against 2nd or 3rd team defense, and how long were they in the game before the first string came back? Just curious.

1st quarter- TC 21-6 halftime was 34-6 I left in 3rd quarter with TC up 46-12. Then TC pulled ALL the starters. And i believe MC scored 3 tds in about 5 minutes. Then TC put 1st string back in. I dont know what Goolsby was thinkin..we had'em mercy ruled...couldve left 1st string in and probably put up 70 points. But I guess Coach C was trying to be nice and have some mercy on them. TC 2nd string Offense and Defense looked awful. I'm sure with our schedule the 2nd stringers will get plenty of playing time after the game with Mayfield. I hope they can improve and im confident it will be worked on. Macon held TC to a 4th down late in the 3rd quarter. It was the first 4th down of the game for TC.(2nd stringers were in). Also TC 1st string D had 4 ints. Maybe 1-2 sacks. Macon starters looked really good against our 2nd string though. Offense and Defense .We might have a tough time beating them next yr. :thumb:

I didn't see or hear the game, and I would like to know what happened, but there aren't many details. There have only been 9 posts since the game started, and some of them are not particularly about the game. What happened? How many points were scored against 2nd or 3rd team defense, and how long were they in the game before the first string came back? Just curious.

1st quarter- TC 21-6 halftime was 34-6 I left in 3rd quarter with TC up 46-12. Then TC pulled ALL the starters. And i believe MC scored 3 tds in about 5 minutes. Then TC put 1st string back in. I dont know what Goolsby was thinkin..we had'em mercy ruled...couldve left 1st string in and probably put up 70 points. But I guess Coach C was trying to be nice and have some mercy on them. TC 2nd string Offense and Defense looked awful. I'm sure with our schedule the 2nd stringers will get plenty of playing time after the game with Mayfield. I hope they can improve and im confident it will be worked on. Macon held TC to a 4th down late in the 3rd quarter. It was the first 4th down of the game for TC.(2nd stringers were in). Also TC 1st string D had 4 ints. Maybe 1-2 sacks. Macon starters looked really good against our 2nd string though. Offense and Defense .We might have a tough time beating them next yr. :thumb:

I agree the game was NOT that close,but macon did score 3 TD on our starters,and very easially late in the game.Remember Macon is playing their next year team now,I am not sure we have the fire,like last year just yet.A w is a w.keep working jackets,best of luck macon.TC1

To start off, paulharvey is not a concern. He is probably not even from Macon county and posted just to stir up nonsense about coach G and coach D which are two great coaches from what I've seen. Anyway, moving along about the game, I haven't seen the boys fired up like that before a game in a very long time. We have a a lot of young players who want to play and I see nothing but positive results in the future. Hartsville looked good Friday night but I saw weakeness that a mature team will take adavantage of this year, it will not be as easy for them as it was last year to run over other teams. As I watched our young guys destroy Hartsvilles second string team, I felt confident by this time next year and the good coaching staff that is present along with community support and players hard work it will be a different ending against Hartsville! Hang in their guys, work hard and trust in your coaches. Congrats to Red Boiling Springs win, you guys have worked hard for this!!! :geek:

Good job coaches and players at macon county. It was the best preformance, i've seen in the last 4 years. Keep it up and listen to nobody. Good things are headed yalls way. The team fought hard all night and never quit. COACH, you are doing something right and you have got to be HONEST or the players would not have played that hard. KEEP IT UP! :geek:

I don't know what some of you TC and other fans want of us MC fans. No doubt the best team won. No question. However, most I have talked to are so excited that the kids Goolsby has on the field didn't fold like a cheap seat when down by 37. I believe the three previous Tiger teams wouldn't have put up the fight that this years team did. Most are encouraged by that. I listened to the radio guys too. What were they supposed to talk about?? Don't you think they want the program to win too?? We have a young team that needs playing time on the field. Had we pulled our starters when we were down 37, we would have put in mostly freshman.

Most people I have talked to are encouraged by the effort of the kids and the staff. I would probably say that you will not see as much smack coming from our fans because we are really focused on getting better and becoming a winning program.

If that young MC team I saw on Friday matures another year or two, watch out!!!!

Good job coaches and players at macon county. It was the best preformance, i've seen in the last 4 years. Keep it up and listen to nobody. Good things are headed yalls way. The team fought hard all night and never quit. COACH, you are doing something right and you have got to be HONEST or the players would not have played that hard. KEEP IT UP! :thumb:

AMEN!

I don't know what some of you TC and other fans want of us MC fans. No doubt the best team won. No question. However, most I have talked to are so excited that the kids Goolsby has on the field didn't fold like a cheap seat when down by 37. I believe the three previous Tiger teams wouldn't have put up the fight that this years team did. Most are encouraged by that. I listened to the radio guys too. What were they supposed to talk about?? Don't you think they want the program to win too?? We have a young team that needs playing time on the field. Had we pulled our starters when we were down 37, we would have put in mostly freshman.

Most people I have talked to are encouraged by the effort of the kids and the staff. I would probably say that you will not see as much smack coming from our fans because we are really focused on getting better and becoming a winning program.

If that young MC team I saw on Friday matures another year or two, watch out!!!!

AMEN! AGAIN.

Good job coaches and players at macon county. It was the best preformance, i've seen in the last 4 years. Keep it up and listen to nobody. Good things are headed yalls way. The team fought hard all night and never quit. COACH, you are doing something right and you have got to be HONEST or the players would not have played that hard. KEEP IT UP! :roflolk:

This was a great post teamspirit. It will take ole goolsby a year or 2 to get things back on the right track but he's doing a fine job so far, considering the MESS he was handed from the last 4 years.