District 4 AAA

LCityplayer

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a lot of coaching and transfer changes settling down lets predict the teams

My Opinion

1. Lenoir City

2. Bearden

3. Maryville

4. Catholic

5. Farragut

6. West

7. William Blount

8. Heritage

*i think 3-6 can fall either way *

So just to make sure I understand your post. You think Lenoir City and Bearden are a "lock" for 1st and 2nd; and you think William Blount and Heritage are a "lock" for 7th and 8th?

With a lot of coaching and transfer changes settling down lets predict the teams

My Opinion

1. Lenoir City

2. Bearden

3. Maryville

4. Catholic

5. Farragut

6. West

7. William Blount

8. Heritage

*i think 3-6 can fall either way *

Well your validity in basketball is now nonexistent. If you have William Blount as a lock for 7th your crazy. If you think LC will finish 1st your even crazier. Sorry but you need to know what is truly coming back and see how these teams look in the Summer. LC I have seen and I can say they are good but not Top Tier in the District, but Windell can help that a lot. West might have the most talent returning, but Im not sure if all of their young studs are elgible. Maryville will be my pick for first because they have the best coach in the district, and that always helps. Bearden and Catholic would be my picks for 2nd and 3rd. William Blount with Micah and their athletic guard play could make a lot of noise this year.

1) Maryville

2) Catholic

3) West

4) Lenoir City

5) William Blount

6) Bearden

7) Farragut

8) Heritage

1-7 is interchangeable. Strong battle for 4 region spots.

I agree that 1 to 7 will be pretty much a crap shoot. I don't see Maryville as # 1...... no way they will be better after losing Reynolds and Click although they will be competitive.

My picks:

1. Catholic

2. Bearden

3.Lenoir City

4. Maryville

5. West

6. Farragut

7.WB

8. Heritage

Well your validity in basketball is now nonexistent. If you have William Blount as a lock for 7th your crazy. If you think LC will finish 1st your even crazier. Sorry but you need to know what is truly coming back and see how these teams look in the Summer. LC I have seen and I can say they are good but not Top Tier in the District, but Windell can help that a lot. West might have the most talent returning, but Im not sure if all of their young studs are elgible. Maryville will be my pick for first because they have the best coach in the district, and that always helps. Bearden and Catholic would be my picks for 2nd and 3rd. William Blount with Micah and their athletic guard play could make a lot of noise this year.

Nonexistent validity? I am definitely not a High School Hoop GURU like yourself but ill share my logic.

1. Lenoir City: Returns Tyler Hood cannot be guarded one on one, Dylan Powers deadly outside shooter, those guys are surrounded by a group of shooters who have been playing a lot the last couple years. To me that equals stability which counts for a lot...New Coach was a former assistant who won't change things too much

2. Bearden: Lost a couple of players to graduation and transfers so its hard to get a feel for that they have coming back, however Im giving their athletes the benefit of the doubt

3. Maryville: They lose Click and Reynolds, and Eldridge is a great coach but you need talent and Im not sure what they having coming back

Catholic: will be scary because they are new and really tall

West: can make a strong push because they are super athletic and Kessler is an awesome coach

Farragut: Will be the smallest they have been in 10 years, how will they adjust?

William Blount: don't know a lot about them however, when i had them at 7 it wasn't like a basement 7 they can sneak up on some people seem very scrappy

The whole point being its WIDE OPEN and going to be really interesting!!!

Nonexistent validity? I am definitely not a High School Hoop GURU like yourself but ill share my logic.

1. Lenoir City: Returns Tyler Hood cannot be guarded one on one, Dylan Powers deadly outside shooter, those guys are surrounded by a group of shooters who have been playing a lot the last couple years. To me that equals stability which counts for a lot...New Coach was a former assistant who won't change things too much

2. Bearden: Lost a couple of players to graduation and transfers so its hard to get a feel for that they have coming back, however Im giving their athletes the benefit of the doubt

3. Maryville: They lose Click and Reynolds, and Eldridge is a great coach but you need talent and Im not sure what they having coming back

Catholic: will be scary because they are new and really tall

West: can make a strong push because they are super athletic and Kessler is an awesome coach

Farragut: Will be the smallest they have been in 10 years, how will they adjust?

William Blount: don't know a lot about them however, when i had them at 7 it wasn't like a basement 7 they can sneak up on some people seem very scrappy

The whole point being its WIDE OPEN and going to be really interesting!!!

I know Hood is a great player, and you can't base anything off a scrimage, but I seem to remember Lenoir City playing at Catholic last year and scoring only 17 points as a team! I know that was last year and it's hard to get a grasp from what teams can do in a scrimmage but, 17 points in 3 quarters. I hate to break it to you the Irish are a whole lot better than they were last year, they are tall (the potential starting lineup is 6'0, 6'4, 6'3, 6'5, and 6'7) more athletic and 10 deep. It's way to early to predict a district champion, you never know what could happen, injuries, grades, transfer etc. I do agree with you it's wide open. West is probably the scariest team in the district with the talent they have. Until someone knocks them off Bearden is probably the team to beat (even with players leaving). In my opinion, LC is smaller than Farragut, rebounding will be tough, but if the 3 ball is falling (it will open up things for Hood inside) LC will be tough to beat especially at home.

Last year LC finished 4th and return the most of the top 4 teams. farragut lost 4 starters I think and maryville their two best and bearden wow 5 srs and 2 really good players to transfer. I think that should put lc at first of the teams returning. Bobby Ault was a huge loss for the panthers. I can't speak for the new teams which I know are good. William blount should be good. Srong District this year maybe not the dominates top 3or 4 teams like the past just a bunch of good ones. yes catholic did hold lc to 17 and catholic scored like 19. hood is a little different on tuesday and fridays

hey dyron i was just wondering your basketball qualifications that would make you such an expert to call out someone as their knowledge to be nonexistient??? everyone is entitled to an opnion and you may know more than i do but hutch may be considered to be the best coach in that district now. but that is just my opnion and im not very knowledgeable either.

Last year LC finished 4th and return the most of the top 4 teams. farragut lost 4 starters I think and maryville their two best and bearden wow 5 srs and 2 really good players to transfer. I think that should put lc at first of the teams returning. Bobby Ault was a huge loss for the panthers. I can't speak for the new teams which I know are good. William blount should be good. Srong District this year maybe not the dominates top 3or 4 teams like the past just a bunch of good ones. yes catholic did hold lc to 17 and catholic scored like 19. hood is a little different on tuesday and fridays

Sorry my friend you're thinking of your game with Halls (it was a three team scrimmage). Catholic scored 34. We kept a score book and can send you a copy if you don't believe me. Bobby was a really good player, very versitile, he'll be missed more than LC realizes. LC will be very good, I do think rebounding will be a concern for the Panthers, but if those threes are falling it will be a moot point. The Irish will be lot different team this year, more athletic than in the past and they are huge, and that trade mark defense is still there. One team scored 50 points (Cumberland Gap) on the Irish this summer, (I know a running clock makes a big difference).

hey dyron i was just wondering your basketball qualifications that would make you such an expert to call out someone as their knowledge to be nonexistient??? everyone is entitled to an opnion and you may know more than i do but hutch may be considered to be the best coach in that district now. but that is just my opnion and im not very knowledgeable either.

Yeah i agree that calling someones knowledge "nonexistent" to be a little rude and over the top but thats just me.

However in Defense of the LC poster, it seems like a lot of people have been saying that the District is wide open and could end up a lot of different ways. With this said I would just for the sake of Pre-Season rankings pick the wide-open team with the "Best Player". If you asked who is the best player in District 4 AAA then Im pretty sure everyone (except Spurrier) would pick Tyler Hood. So i would give the nod to the LC.

On a side note...i keep hearing how awesome Catholic is going to be. Didn't they barely win their first district game, lose the championship and then get blown out by Carter in AA? just wondering which is easier AA or AAA (Kingston, CAK, Anderson Co. vs. Bearden, Maryville, and Farragut) just throwing it out there