The best high school football game you have been to

Best Maryville game

2002 Blue Cross Bowl vs Hillsboro. Maryville wins 29-26. Hillsboro was the best team a Maryville team has ever beaten. I know Hillsboro won state in 2003 and 2008 but the 2002 team was their best ever.

Best Non Maryville game

1993 Cleveland vs Brentwood Academy in 1993 4A Title Game.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one more for you 2006 southside henry co. henry jumps out to big lead up by 16 in the 4th southside drives down the field and scores then they stop henry co and go back down and score with like 30 seconds to go making the score 27-25 southside lines up for the 2 point try and make it on a toss to the right but they have a holding called against them so they back up 10 yards and run the same play and make the 2 points. in ot henry kicks a field goal and southside scores on the 1st play in ot to win 33-30 i guess what makes the win so good was how cocky the henry co fans were and then the hawks came back great game

1994 Regular Season Game between Greenbrier and White House.

Greenbrier led 14-0 at the half.

Score tied at 14-14 at the end of regulation.

Greenbrier led 21-14 in the 1st OT

Greenbrier led 28-21 in the 2nd OT

Greenbrier led 35-28 in the 3rd OT

Greenbrier led 42-35 in the 4th OT when WH scored a miracle TD on fourth down.

White House won the game 48-42 in 5 overtimes.

Also, I too was there for the Smith/Macon playoff game in 2003. The fire marshall ordered the gates closed. It was standing room only and loud as anything I've ever heard...simply amazing.

THAT WAS MY JUNIOR YEAR,THAT GAME LASTED 4EVER.IM GONNA SAY BEST GAME THAT I EVER WAS A PART OF OR WATCHED WAS "93,W.H VS. SPRINGFIELD

AT HOME IT WAS THE FIRST TIME WE EVER BEAT SPRINGFIELD THE BLEACHERS CLEARED AND EVERYBODY RUSHED THE FIELD.I BELIEVE THAT THAT 1 WIN CATAPULTED THE PROGRAM FOR THE REST OF THAT SEMIFINAL YEAR,LATER THAT SEASON IT CAME DOWN TO W.H VS SPRG. AND WE LOST 12-6 IN A MUD BOWL.IN THE SEMIS,I DONT THINK ANY OF US EVER GOT OVER THAT LOSS,GREAT SEASON FOR W.H FOOTBALL AT THAT TIME.

I would have to say it was the Giles County -vs- David Lipscomb game on October 17, 2008. This was one of those games that kept your attention the whole way through.

First Quarter

GC scored 8 yard run (7 - 0)

DL scored 68 yard run (7 - 7)

Second Quarter

GC scored 1 yard run (14 - 7)

DL scored 21 yard run (14 - 14)

Third Quarter

GC scored 5 yard run (21 - 14)

Fourth Quarter

DL scored 14 yard run (21 - 21)

DL scored 31 yard pass (21 - 28)

GC scored 1 yard run (28 - 28)

DL scored 27 yard field goal (28 - 31)

Hands down for me was 2007 McMinn Central and Polk Co. Polk led from the start with Central tieing the game on the last play and going for 2. Central won after stopping Polk going for 2 on the 1 foot line. Way too much drama the entire game to put into words here!!

I wanted to add this game,, But I see OldSchool beat me to it. Would love to see that one again.

Bring back the bone!

Gallatin vs Red Bank in the 1983 state championship at Red Banks old stadium. There had to be 20,000 fans there in a stadium that could only hold 12,000. It was pure Bedlum.

that was 1978.

I didn't see it but got updates over the loud speaker at the Gallatin game. Oak Ridge vs Knox Central 91'

I have a few that rank high on my list: Gallatin vs Whites Creek in 89', Gallatin vs Brentwood 01', Gallatin vs Riverdale in 97', and Gallatin vs Germantown in 87' both of them.

Although I did not attend the game, I did run across some interesting trivia tonight from 25 years ago:

The 1984 game between Chattanooga Central and Knoxville West, won by Central 35-34 in 7 overtimes, was voted the National Game of the Year by the National Sports News Service, which used to be the national high school sports "authority" in terms of national high school football, national polls, etc.

The two I remember the most were from 1996 the first game was in game 3 on the road at East Ridge. Sequatchie County down 13-0 scores 21 unanswered in the 4th quarter to win 21-13.

The second game was the last game of the regular season Sequatchie Co. (7-2) was playing on the road at Notre Dame (9-0) and I think it was for the region championship but I'm not sure on that.

The media had been hyping the Notre Dame quarterback who hadn't threw an interception all season. In a steady rain that fell the entire game. The Sequatchie defense ends up getting two or three interceptions and winning by the score of 12-0.

I'm sure there is more if I had time to really think about them. The most memorable because of weather was also in '96 in the 3rd of the playoffs at Upperman the temps were around freezing I think everynoe still says that's the coldest game they can remember.