Scrimmages

mjuhb

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G, I confirmed it with the TN Milesplit website (the runners one) and they have moved down to DII-A.

Wow, I can't say for their girls' soccer squad, but I would be AMAZED if their guys didn't win it all this year. I would imagine the same for most of their sports. Who is their biggest competition in D-2 A? USN?

G, I confirmed it with the TN Milesplit website (the runners one) and they have moved down to DII-A.

Wow, I can't say for their girls' soccer squad, but I would be AMAZED if their guys didn't win it all this year. I would imagine the same for most of their sports. Who is their biggest competition in D-2 A? USN?

For girl's soccer, this move might move them "up", but I don't see that change to D2-A moving them all the way to the top. What I saw of them last year left a lot of room for improvement, and with teams like FRA also moving into D2-A, I don't see them jumping all the way to the top. Other D2-A teams are a bunch in Memphis, plus USJ and JCS from Jackson.

Why was Webb given the right to drop from the division they were in to this new one? This is a joke all these private schools flocking to this lower division. Privates are still getting 3 state championships a year. while the public school get one. Especially in the spring sports..soccer, baseball, softball. I still think you put of all the privates in one division and everyone else in another and lets play ball (two state champs). Its better than what has been taking place.

Can anyone answer why all these private schools dropped to div. II. Where they all getting ready to be made big school like Knox Catholic? I know Webb was Div II already they just dropped down inside the division.

I love the fact that privates are afforded all these opportunities and choices, and the public's just have to go where they are placed. Hey BigG can you answer why CAK stayed put while alot of teams you see in the State Tournament every year ran for the hills?

Why was Webb given the right to drop from the division they were in to this new one? This is a joke all these private schools flocking to this lower division. Privates are still getting 3 state championships a year. while the public school get one. Especially in the spring sports..soccer, baseball, softball. I still think you put of all the privates in one division and everyone else in another and lets play ball (two state champs). Its better than what has been taking place.

Can anyone answer why all these private schools dropped to div. II. Where they all getting ready to be made big school like Knox Catholic? I know Webb was Div II already they just dropped down inside the division.

I love the fact that privates are afforded all these opportunities and choices, and the public's just have to go where they are placed. Hey BigG can you answer why CAK stayed put while alot of teams you see in the State Tournament every year ran for the hills?

Wait, now you are complaining that a private school that is already in division 2 is dropping from the AA to A while still in division 2??? Thought you guys didn't care as long as they were in division 2 and not playing the public schools. And if you put all publics in one division, I am sure someone would start to complain about open zoned schools, and so on... the arguments would never cease.

Public schools have 2 divisions. AAA and A/AA. It just so happens that some private schools play in those (although I believe that Catholic is the first and only private school to compete in AAA soccer). In A/AA the publics did very well last season, at least in the guys division.

CAK stayed in the A/AA because their enrollment (with the 1.8 multiplier) did not put them above the AAA limit. I have no idea why schools went to D-2. Maybe they wanted to be able to offer financial assistance to students and them be allowed to still play sports for their schools. Could have been travel, as well. Not sure.

I thought that there were only two state champs for D2 (D2A and D2AA) and two state champs for publics (AAA and AA/A)....so they are even for soccer. Are there more for other sports?

The division of whether to be D2A or D2AA is based on number of students only. Some smaller schools initially try to compete in D2AA but find that they are typically better matched with schools their same size in D2A. I believe that the enrollment threshold is around 525....above that number you are D2AA and below that enrollment number, you have the choice to be D2AA or D2A.

A private school with smal enrollment has the opportunity to play either D2 division; however, private schools with large enrollments have no choice and play D2AA. I believe that once you decide on the division, you have to stay there for some number of years and ALL sports for the school must be in the same division. For the good of the school as a whole, the division is determined...

On 8/6/09 FRA played Harpeth and won 7-1 They will be strong again this year no matter what division. They play Independence tonight and Hendersonville Thursday in scrimages. In the regular season they play BGA, Pope John II, Briarcrest, CPA and Brentwood Academy just to name a few. They are very young with only 3 seniors and 2 juniors. will be interesting year