Oneida Indians/GP Highlanders 8 days left

harley04

On paper Oneida looks like they have better player, at least more experience.Sr. Buttram all region last 2 seasons, as well as hutson and brown and Hood and sexton. then you have woodard all region last yr.and pre-season all-state this year.According to Murphy's Fair GP has no all region players returning. GP has looked good in thier scrimmages, both teams played Grainger about the same.GP has a very good line, but Oneida has alittle more speed.GP will throw 40% of the time.If you can't make the game turn on channel 8 starts at 7pm.

my pick GP 31 Oneida 27

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On paper Oneida looks like they have better player, at least more experience.Sr. Buttram all region last 2 seasons, as well as hutson and brown and Hood and sexton. then you have woodard all region last yr.and pre-season all-state this year.According to Murphy's Fair GP has no all region players returning. GP has looked good in thier scrimmages, both teams played Grainger about the same.GP has a very good line, but Oneida has alittle more speed.GP will throw 40% of the time.If you can't make the game turn on channel 8 starts at 7pm.

my pick GP 31 Oneida 27

I'm going with Oneida on this one. I think the loss of your TB, LB, K, P all world player from last year will very difficult to replace.

I'm going with the Indians too based on sheer determination, experience and skill. Bertram, Hood, Sexton, Brown, Hudson, Woodard, etc. etc. will step up with leadership and teamwork which will bring the Big Orange their first win of the season. Com'n boys, show em how you been working. I know you can, you know you can, now GP needs to know you can. Run like the wind, throw with a force to reckon with and we'll see you in the winner's circle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just for the record Brown isn't playing this year. I saw his name mentioned a couple of times on this thread already & he hasn't even practiced that I'm aware of & I've been to almost every practice. I don't know the specifics exactly but I think he has the same medical issue he had last year. I saw him up there one day & asked him if he was coming back & he said he couldn't. Thats's a shame that he doesn't get to play his senior year & also a very good LB that we won't have this year as well. Best of luck to him & hopefully whatever his medical problems are can be corrected. I'm going w/Oneida on this one also. You can see them improving almost daily in practice. I think the 1st two games will be very tough but I think we will be competitive regardless of the outcome. Good Luck to the Indians & to GP (after this game :thumb: ) the rest of the year. :thumb:

A great game to start the season for both teams. I don't think either team would be a desivive favorite. Could go either way. I believe in defence and Oneida is about as well coached as you can get ,so I'll take Oneida in a low scoring game. Good luck to the Indians and I'll be keeping up with you guys . Its good that you have 3 pretty good out of region games ,because I don't think you will be tested in you're new region. Hopefully wee'll see our old friends later in the fall.

Present!........ :thumb: I'm not sure how much I can weight in this pre-season?!?! I do know the Indians have a boatload of fast and athletic skill position players. If the pups in the line are maturing as well as I have heard they are, then Oneida should be a load for most teams to handle. The Indians will have to get quality play out of key positions (QB, WR, TE on offense)(OLB, DT on Defense), and I do think they have quality candidates in those positions. Gat-Pitt has always had a formitable team and this year isn't likely to be any different. B. Hammonds has been there since the beginning of time, hasn't he? They will not be a push over by any stretch of the imagination. However, I believe Oneida has shown enough this pre-season to make may think they will final get a win up there. Look for things to get downright nasty up front and hopefully, my Indains will march back to the Reservation with the win!

:thumb: Kazzy :thumb:

hey slaughter thats alot of points how about a friendly wager, Oneida wins by 16 I'll put on a Oneida Indian cap with my GP shirt and let you post it on this site, if not you do like wise, all in fun.This game will go 4 quarters close all the way, turnovers will be very key, lets hope neither team has any.