Oneida Indians/GP Highlanders 8 days left

harley04

The Chef wishes Oneida was still in 1A...Them and Sp would no doubt meet up all the time since the competition is so watered down now...Seriously though lets all be honest The Chef thinks that region as been pretty weak for a loooong time...Taking nothing away from them..You have to play your region games and no team gets to pick what region they are in...Im pretty sure nobody in that region has made it to the big game excluding Cloudland when they beat a 6-4 regular season SP in 01...Which had no business making it that far anyways...As far as that big game....Well we all remember what happened to Cloudland and there silver ball after getting 60 hung on them in the Champ. game...The Chef wishes Whitwell could be in that region maybe we would have a little more luck...

Whoooooooo the nature boy thinks the chefs apron is tied too tight, the nature boy thinks the chefs mushroom hat is two sizes too small, the nature boy thinks the chef could put more ravioli in the can brother whoooooooooo. can u smell what the chef is cooking!!!!!!!south pitt suprise dry.gif looks like bulloroni to me pal. whooooooooooo

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chef says South Pitt surprise???? Maybe Ric Flair needs to come get some clam chowder because clearly he hasnt been getting his nutrition..The Chef just says it like it is Mr. Flair but your intitled to your own opinion but not having to play anyone in SP or TC regions till the 4th round the last several years has been very helpful...Even in 07 SP had to play TC in the first round...I believe that would be a tad bit more challanging than say a Midway or Greenback...

So how does everyone think of Packard's broadcast?

:roflol::roflol:

Honestly, I feel that if the announcers are going to being pulling for one team or another, they should just let it be known up front before kick-off. It was clear that Packer and his buddies did their homework on GP, they knew the names and history of every kid GP had. They referred to most of the Oneida kids by their number. But, if your from Oneida or follow them, you should be used to it by now, according to them Hood was a converted defensive end who had no business playing quarterback. I think given the circumstances, Hood did as good as he could have. The shame of it all is that he doesn't get to play as much defense as he'd like to. I do wish they would take one day of practice and pull #24 to the side and work on his ball handling, this has got to be corrected. Oneida should be fine as far as region games go, if they stay healthy. I'm hearing that a couple of people were pretty banged up last night.

The Chef wishes Oneida was still in 1A...Them and Sp would no doubt meet up all the time since the competition is so watered down now...Seriously though lets all be honest The Chef thinks that region as been pretty weak for a loooong time...Taking nothing away from them..You have to play your region games and no team gets to pick what region they are in...Im pretty sure nobody in that region has made it to the big game excluding Cloudland when they beat a 6-4 regular season SP in 01...Which had no business making it that far anyways...As far as that big game....Well we all remember what happened to Cloudland and there silver ball after getting 60 hung on them in the Champ. game...The Chef wishes Whitwell could be in that region maybe we would have a little more luck...

Chef, are you calling the old Reg. 3 a powerhouse? I would stick pounding your chest about the Pirate's Dommination...you will get zero arguments there. Just because there are no state champions (in the last several years) from Reg 4 doesn't mean the teams are weak. (actually Oneida and Greenback have won state championships.)

Consistantly, In the top 20 polls last year, 4 of those teams came from the old Reg 4. At one point in week 9 there were 3 teams from Reg 4 in the top ten. There are some very good teams up here on the hill....unfortunately, none of those teams, including some really good Hampton teams from the old Reg 1 have been better than the Pirates or Trousdale or one of the private schools.

The region thing can be a bumer sometimes. Like you said, you dont get to pick your region opponents. I hope in the future Oneida will play South Pittsburgh. As a football player, you have to want to play the very best in the world. It would deffinately be a great opportunity for the Indians to get better and I am positive the Pirates would get a good ball game.

I'm sure no one is waiting on my assessment :roflol: , thats OK......it's never stopped me before! Coverage was about what you would expect from a Knoxville Based Production Team.....face it, that is what butters Packer's Bread so.....? I guess what I'm saying is his sponsors influence the bias that comes through in the telecast. GP's proxamity to K-town made it easier to research that team as opposed to the much further away, Oneida. Hey, no sweat.....it was expected.....make it to M'boro or deep and they will start noticing again.

The game was better than I expected: Two strong, well coached, and spirited teams that didn't want to lose. Ha, beat that! I know the coaches will be on Woodard about ball security, but don't forget he made things happen, too. That touchdown catch didn't exactly "float" into his hands......it was tipped and redirected but he managed to not only hang on to it....he also scored! Tail of two halves, but once Lambo was dialed in the Landers couldn't sustain anything. They manage about 150 total yards and they had at least 120 of that in the first half. Oneida went on the road and did the things you can't do in order to win! (turnovers, penalties, and blown opportunities[missed PT]) And I have no question the staff knows that all too well. Lesson learned the hard way, move to the next test! I think we are OK, yeah we have some injuries, but we also have some depth! Hello second stringers....maybe this is your chance? :roflol: We'll see....? Later

Kazzor

So how does everyone think of Packard's broadcast?

:roflol::roflol:

That was a horrible broadcast. "#25, Regan, from GP carried the ball. His favorite color is green. He really likes Shakira and he want's to be a fireman when he grows up.....he was tackled by that kid from Oneida." A little home cooking by the refs but that goes with just about every game.

Man, tough game to watch. Oneida will be a much better team towards the end of the year. Just have to fight to get better. Line has to maintain blocks and RB's can NOT fumble the ball. I thought Coach Wright called a really good game. Recievers were open, have to get Hood a bit more room and time. Just a few tweeks on the execution and things will be much better.

Defense looked good. Dang, where in the world did that Stephens kid come from? I can't wait to run across Terry. Wow, some really good work on the D line.

If the Indians had played the first half of the game like they did the 3rd and 4th quarters, they would have won the game as expected. It didn't happen for the Indians the first half. One and two yards per play won't move the ball down field. Agree it was a horribly announced game. From the wrong names used during the introduction of captains for Oneida to referring to Oneida players as "that kid(s)", the announcing was poor. Every move GP made was announced but names for tackles, passes, yardage pickup, etc., for the Indians were non-existent. Hood led the Indians with ferocity, determination and skill both on the ground and through the air. His talent as a DE as well as a well-coached quaterback go back to the 8th grade which the announcers would have known had they done their homework evenly for both sides.

I did'nt see the game on TV, was in the stands and the numbers were hard too make out, if they had a dark outline around them it would have been alot easier to see.It sounds like they had little information about Oneida, no doubt you will be on tv again in the near future.They were at the stadium for about 6 or 7 hrs setting up and getting as much info as they could,home team definately has a advantage there.But if someone from the visiting team would come early and give the starting lineup and as much information about the player's as they could I'm sure they would use it.You would think they would do there homework,by calling the head coach ahead of time or something but it looks like we will have to give it to them.I'm not defending just thinking about next time.

I thought it looked like Oneida brought two different teams.I know we had a lot of injuries. I thought they were looking for a leader and I do not think they found one. The all played hard but not together,But i know they have it in them to be champions. let look at this for what it is , a one point lost on the road to a good team, put it behind us and get ready for another long drive against a good team. and about packard , that a bushiness deal more advertisement dollars from GP, why wouldn't they know more about GP and it is hard to see the numbers on those white Jerseys. But I was still proud to see them on tv.