players to watch in mid state area

thunderstik

i never meant to down play huddleson in any way the kid is a great player i watched him pitch that no hitter against wayne county last year he was unhitable in every sease of the word i agree that he along with keating are players to watch in the district

Is the Keating kid a Jr or Sr this year? I think that Huddleston is a Jr. Does the Wayne County team have anything else besides Keating? Do both of the Rice boys still play and do they pitch? Wayne County used to have several guys that I thought might turnout to be good players but they must have just played out. Who will win the district down there this year?

Wayne County I believe will be very good this year. Pippenger, Warren, Boston Ray, Keating. Add a little Rice. I know i missed some kids, but never count Wayne county out. Their offense gets on a role at times and they pour it on. They have power and some speed. They are definitely not PLAYED OUT. I think Wayne county, Summertown,Loretto No certain order. District 12a will be well represented.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never meant to down play huddleson in any way the kid is a great player i watched him pitch that no hitter against wayne county last year he was unhitable in every sease of the word i agree that he along with keating are players to watch in the district

Is the Keating kid a Jr or Sr this year? I think that Huddleston is a Jr. Does the Wayne County team have anything else besides Keating? Do both of the Rice boys still play and do they pitch? Wayne County used to have several guys that I thought might turnout to be good players but they must have just played out. Who will win the district down there this year?

Wayne County I believe will be very good this year. Pippenger, Warren, Boston Ray, Keating. Add a little Rice. I know i missed some kids, but never count Wayne county out. Their offense gets on a role at times and they pour it on. They have power and some speed. They are definitely not PLAYED OUT. I think Wayne county, Summertown,Loretto No certain order. District 12a will be well represented.

Pippenger is a very good player. He is a kid a lot of people need to keep an eye on. I know Pipp is a Jr.

What grade is Warren, Ray, and Keating?

It will be fun to watch Summertown and Wayne County play against each other this season. Plenty of talent on both sides. I would not be surprised to see both teams make some noise in regions next year.

No disrespect to Wayne Co. They have some talented players, but I don't think they are on the same level as Summertown. The biggest difference between the two teams is Summertown is going to hit the ball well 1-9 where as Wayne Co. has a good top of the order, but the bottom half is weak. Also, Summertown's pitching is deeper with Huddleston, Roberts, Kroger, and Chard, where as Wayne Co. dosen't have much after Keeting. Last season when these teams met, Keating gave S'town some trouble in the first game, but the second game's pitchers got killed. This could be a problem for them again this season. Overall I don't think S'town will have to much trouble with Wayne Co. (then again who would've thought they would lose to Mt. Pleasant in the District Championship).

No disrespect to Wayne Co. They have some talented players, but I don't think they are on the same level as Summertown. The biggest difference between the two teams is Summertown is going to hit the ball well 1-9 where as Wayne Co. has a good top of the order, but the bottom half is weak. Also, Summertown's pitching is deeper with Huddleston, Roberts, Kroger, and Chard, where as Wayne Co. dosen't have much after Keeting. Last season when these teams met, Keating gave S'town some trouble in the first game, but the second game's pitchers got killed. This could be a problem for them again this season. Overall I don't think S'town will have to much trouble with Wayne Co. (then again who would've thought they would lose to Mt. Pleasant in the District Championship).

None taken. WC has to prove themselves.

hey 12A. Is there anybody worth mentioning over here in 11A besides Staggs?

Mt. Pleasant (they were in 12A last year, but are moving to 11A this year) has some decent players. Daniel Holcomb, Garret Ring, and Devin Nance to name a few. Hughes an Jed Davis are pretty good players as well, but they quit before last season; i'm not sure if they'll be back this year. Mt. Pleasant could turn some heads in 11A this year with Richland and CA losing alot of talent (Workman, Ayers, Parsons, Malone, etc.). I wouldn't be suprised to see a Mt. Pleasant Summertown rematch in the region finals this season.

hey 12A. Is there anybody worth mentioning over here in 11A besides Staggs?

Mt. Pleasant (they were in 12A last year, but are moving to 11A this year) has some decent players. Daniel Holcomb, Garret Ring, and Devin Nance to name a few. Hughes an Jed Davis are pretty good players as well, but they quit before last season; i'm not sure if they'll be back this year. Mt. Pleasant could turn some heads in 11A this year with Richland and CA losing alot of talent (Workman, Ayers, Parsons, Malone, etc.). I wouldn't be suprised to see a Mt. Pleasant Summertown rematch in the region finals this season.

I hope MTP does well but they took a hit this fall. Holcomb had surgery on his throwing arm. I believe it was Tommy John Surgery. Holcomb may be back sometime during the season to play some 2B or DH. Ring is the real deal. Since Holcomb is out who steps up behind Ring on the mound for them?