big 8 Jamboree

WaCoJaCo

I'm sorry but if you actually went to school at South (not just a parent of a kid that played football at South) and you root for DB at anytime, there's something wrong with you. Like Volmanscott said, people need to tell the truth on here instead of being politically correct.

Dang.........and we need those South people to root for us. :mrgreen:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but if you actually went to school at South (not just a parent of a kid that played football at South) and you root for DB at anytime, there's something wrong with you. Like Volmanscott said, people need to tell the truth on here instead of being politically correct.

Dang.........and we need those South people to root for us. :evil:

Actually you do because your own fans just sit on their hands and talk about the great restaurants in Kingsport. :mrgreen:

Dang.........and we need those South people to root for us. :D

Actually you do because your own fans just sit on their hands and talk about the great restaurants in Kingsport. :huh:

But we don't let farm animals and tobacco spitters on the home side. :D

But we don't let farm animals and tobacco spitters on the home side. :huh:

We ain't rich like you city folk. We can't buy that there caviar so we gotta stick with chew. Not going to touch the farm animal comment. Maybe you always wanted a pet goat growing up but they didn't allow those in model city apartments. Sounds like jealousy to me. :D

Dang.........and we need those South people to root for us. :D

Actually you do because your own fans just sit on their hands and talk about the great restaurants in Kingsport. :huh:

But we don't let farm animals and tobacco spitters on the home side. :D

Seems like I do remember the prerequisites to becoming an Indian...let's see, a pocketbook dog and a compact mirror to toot the Indians on to victory. B)

But we don't let farm animals and tobacco spitters on the home side. :huh:

We ain't rich like you city folk. We can't buy that there caviar so we gotta stick with chew. Not going to touch the farm animal comment. Maybe you always wanted a pet goat growing up but they didn't allow those in model city apartments. Sounds like jealousy to me. :D

Are you kidding? That's where the city keeps there farm animals. It's there equivalent to a trailer park. At least ours pay their own rent. :D

It's amazing. I can hear it now if DB or Bristol had put it on South in the Jamboree. [Yeah, we looked solid. South couldn't hold a candle. Like always 44-0. Or "yeah, our RB is going to run all over them this year".] You wouldn't be saying "well, we only played our second string. Coach doesn't believe in showing all his cards in the Jamboree." Instead you would say, "We will really put it on South so imagine what we will do to them with our varsity." You people are such candies. Stacy showed what he's got. He ain't scared. I can't wait to hear what kind of excuses you give when we beat you. I've never seen a game with extremely bad officiating against Bristol or DB. So I expect it to be clean. I also expect the both of you to come a long way by the end of the season. In no way do I make a prediction based on what you didn't do in the Jamboree or on what we did do. But I get sick reading what you people say. Like "South did good but they are way over-rated" or "South is good but they thought this was a Super Bowl" I tell you now...if Stacy gets the chance he will put it on you and hard. I'm sure you will be ready to play and give all you have and I respect that you both have tremendous potential and know from years past that you will be a different team later in the season but you just can't be civil can you? You just can't give South the same respect we try to give you. Can you? I hope Stacy puts 100 on both of you. You better get all your guns ready because our guns ARE ready. Good luck with the first part of your seasons.

This was the post I was lookin for!!! IMO… in light of the last FEW seasons were South has obviously proved themselves to be one of; if not THE top team in NET at this point … their approach to the Jamboree setting is laughable. Only the “county” teams go full out with their first team on the field in the jamboree. Usually because they have to try to prove themselves to the rest of the conference … you know … trying to get a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Heck the way South comes into the Jamboree I wouldn’t doubt it if the had a pep-rally followed by a parade threw the streets of Colonial Heights before their QUARTER of play! :huh: Bottom line is …. to each his own. Stacey seems as if he’s still trying to prove to the rest of us that he has formed a great football program. Or maybe he’s still trying to prove it to himself. IMO someone should get it across to him that he’s “IN”…. he doesn’t have to continue to play the jamborees as if it was the conference championship. It will eventually backfire on him. And unfortunately that’s usually in the form of an injury to a vital player on the team (ask the Central coach about that one). Not to mention how high he has now put the expectations of this team. If he doesn’t follow threw (which I’m not implying that he won’t, because we all know South will be a contender this year)… but if he doesn’t, everyone will always look back at the dominant performance in the jamboree and will blame coaching as the reason for the team not living up to expectations. You know the old saying … the peacock that flaunts its feathers the biggest usually gets shot first!!! :D Their first two opponents (West and Greeneville) could very well be carrying the shotguns this year. Doubt it…but you never know for sure. When you make a statement in the jamboree as South did… a loss to anybody early could be devastating to the rest of the season. With that being said… here are my rankings.

South

THS

Science Hill

DB

Crocket

Boone

Volunteer

Central

I have to admit that they come more from emotion and less from knowledge of the teams… but these are my picks and I will stick to them…….. that is until after week 1. :D

Cap, what were you watching to have Crockett above Boone. I don't either is dominating but no way does Crockett beat Boone and that will be for the last playoff spot.

Watch out though, Volunteer is gonna get on you for putting them that low. They have the best running back and qb in the conference, just ask them.