big 8 Jamboree

WaCoJaCo

I haven't been to a "Jamboree" in years. I hope it'll be years bofore I go to another. BORING!

I got there about midway of the South TH quarter. Shephard was not in the game then and if that was TH's starters I hope they were not in full gear. If so then their in for a long season. South was going for blood on every play which is ok if thats the way they want to play it. It might of been more interesting if the coaches had agreed to play 1's against 1's and 2's against 2's and so on. South looked good but I don't know if that helps them any. DB played the 1's on their first series. The defense was just way to quick for Volunteer. The offense looked good passing the ball except for Roops shoes. The running game was pathetic. Due to "NO" blocking by the line. Chris carried twice and was surrounded after one step. DB once and missed the extra point. Im thinking just go for two after scores this year. Volunteer would probably won the quarter if the had any receivers that could catch. For what thats worth. Science hill didn't act like they even wanted to be there. I left after they scored on Central and came back to the house to watch the grass grow.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with you they are boring as most no one plays their starters for very long if any. Stacy has always played the jamboree that way, full throttle. Uses it as a scrimmage, can't say that I disagree, however it could come back and bite him one day with an injury. The one thing that stood out to me about the Indians was they only had around 60 dressed. I guess that I am used to seeing more than that on the Indian sideline. Good luck this year and hopefully no injuries to any young man playing for his school!

C'mon guys. Someone break it down. I mean am I the only one that can break it down? I didn't get to go so I want to know who won the events and who scored the scores and how they scored them. And if Shephard was to askeered to play...well then that ain't my problem. :roflol:

There's nothing to break down Comp. The most exciting thing I saw was Roop's green shoes. :blush:

C'mon guys. Someone break it down. I mean am I the only one that can break it down? I didn't get to go so I want to know who won the events and who scored the scores and how they scored them. And if Shephard was to askeered to play...well then that ain't my problem. :roflol:

Someone from South won fastest back (Keenan didn't participate :blush: )

Daniel Boone won fastest lineman

Central won longest punt

TN High (Brandon Rutherford sp) won longest kick

TN High Taylor Harmon won longest throw

1st Daniel Boone 7 David Crockett 0

2nd South 21 TN High 0 Harmon threw to #10? for the touchdown, only problem was that he was wearing the wrong color jersey :blush:

3rd DB 6 Volunteer 0 I think DB even played some of the band members

4th Science Hill was winning 14-7 when I left. Mitchell scored on a long run.

I told myself last year that I was never going to one of these things again, but I mean it this time.

There's nothing to break down Comp. The most exciting thing I saw was Roop's green shoes. :blush:

I remember last year during preseason thinking how good Roop and Seabolt were. Of course Jamie was the better QB but both of them were pretty good then. Should be nice going into the season with 2 ready QB's

Talk about Jeckle an Hyde. You got me on D-Bs team this yr. This is one yr. when someone asks me what do they have? I simply reply ..I have no idea, other than they are small, and skill limited. They seemed to run the ball ok against a Maryville, but couldnt have pushed one of the anorexic Olsen twins through the line tonight against Volunteer. South came to play,seemed to be well balanced and I think they will do good this yr. but I have to agree about the starters. Boone and Crocket...just a lot of smash mouth running, Crocket has a really good lookin big runningback if he can get through. TN High really has more than they showed, but I think their downfall wont be the players again this yr. they have the horses, but nobody leading them in the right direction. Science Hill turned out in numbers but somethings badly missing. Central, and Volunteer it was hard to tell.

Well, was it a packed house or room for more? Did everybody (i.e. South and DB) mind their manners? Somone said that both City and County, both Fire Depts., plus the Guard were going to be there on October 2nd. :roflol:

It was a good crowd but by no means packed. I didn't see or hear anything rude in my section from anyone. Also Comp, St. Clair threw a beautiful pass to #1 towards the front corner of the endzone, can't remember where LOS was maybe around the 25 yard line??!! When he first threw it I thought it was going out of bounds but #1 turned on the jets and ran under it. Very nice. You would have been proud. Defense looked good but they weren't running after Shephard. #23 ran some good routes as well.

Well well a jamboree night has come and gone, here is what I saw.

It seems like the Crockett and Boone quarter was the longest of the night, I guess because there were no impact players on either team.

South is good on both sides of the ball, they could use a little better running game. Who cares if they played their starters the entire 12 mins. They need to be prepared and playing a normal scrimmage doesn't get them too ready for the season. Garvin and Phillips are the real deal LB duo, I would hate to be a QB or RB looking across the lines and seeing them, they are going to make a big impact in the Big 8 this season.

I wish DB would have left their starters in a little longer, especially since Sensabaugh didn't do anything with his two carries(2 carries, no yards) He should have been able to take it to the house against Volunteer's defense but he got stuffed. If Sensabaugh has a good season he will have to do it all himself as the offensive line got blown up. Could DB be get stunned by Science Hill and not make the playoffs?

For Volunteer I was expecting to see something good as I had heard Cradic got better, but what did I see the first time he gets flushed out of the pocket an INT just like last season. As for Rogers I feel bad that he also has no blocking just like Sensabaugh has none, he has to make plays happen to gain any yardage. What impressed me is he got hit really hard along the Indians sideline and popped right up and was back in the next series.

Science Hill looked great on offense, Central was a nice surprise on a long pass that I feel was the best play of the entire Jamboree.

I can't wait to see some of the big games this season in the Big 8, every friday night I will try to make my way out to a different stadium to see some of the great action.

Well, was it a packed house or room for more? Did everybody (i.e. South and DB) mind their manners? Somone said that both City and County, both Fire Depts., plus the Guard were going to be there on October 2nd. :roflol:

It was a good crowd but by no means packed. I didn't see or hear anything rude in my section from anyone. Also Comp, St. Clair threw a beautiful pass to to #1 towards the front corner of the endzone, can't remember where LOS was!! When he first threw it I thought it was going out of bounds but #1 turned on the jets and ran under it. Very nice. You would have been proud. Defense looked good but they weren't running after Shephard. #23 ran some good routes as well.

That was a very nice throw and catch!!!

Well well a jamboree night has come and gone, here is what I saw.

It seems like the Crockett and Boone quarter was the longest of the night, I guess because there were no impact players on either team.

South is good on both sides of the ball, they could use a little better running game. Who cares if they played their starters the entire 12 mins. They need to be prepared and playing a normal scrimmage doesn't get them too ready for the season. Garvin and Phillips are the real deal LB duo, I would hate to be a QB or RB looking across the lines and seeing them, they are going to make a big impact in the Big 8 this season.

I wish DB would have left their starters in a little longer, especially since Sensabaugh didn't do anything with his two carries(2 carries, no yards) He should have been able to take it to the house against Volunteer's defense but he got stuffed. If Sensabaugh has a good season he will have to do it all himself as the offensive line got blown up. Could DB be get stunned by Science Hill and not make the playoffs?

For Volunteer I was expecting to see something good as I had heard Cradic got better, but what did I see the first time he gets flushed out of the pocket an INT just like last season. As for Rogers I feel bad that he also has no blocking just like Sensabaugh has none, he has to make plays happen to gain any yardage. What impressed me is he got hit really hard along the Indians sideline and popped right up and was back in the next series.

Science Hill looked great on offense, Central was a nice surprise on a long pass that I feel was the best play of the entire Jamboree.

I can't wait to see some of the big games this season in the Big 8, every friday night I will try to make my way out to a different stadium to see some of the great action.

Wonderful! An unbiased wayfarer. Big8 you are elected. You are the conference reporter. Good...someone to tell it like it is. :roflol: