Alcoa @ Bell Co. Week 0

AlcoaPride2010

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not even a Bell County fan , heck my team has gone to WAR many ,MANY times with Bell County (our fans and the Bell fans truly sometimes hate each other) but the lack of respect y'all have has pissed me off , I was at first truly neutral now I hope Alcoa comes up here and takes a thumping in more ways than 1.

I will be there wearing prolly something with Bluegrasspreps.com on it , Look me up.

The problem is when people let sports related message boards get the best of them. You can tell because their post will contain #### and more#####. plus they'll start the "let's meet up". Come on.....that's when you've taken this way to serious. I fully except the Bell folk to very nice. I will be at the game. I will be in the area early to take all the sites in and find some good vittles. I will be wearing Alcoa gear. I've done this at many rival away games. I am very excited about the trip!

...but the lack of respect...

56-3 (or maybe it was 56-10?). One of those was your projection for Trinity-MBA in 2003 (and that was for two programs much more equally-matched). We could ask CoachT to pull the archives if necessary. Just remember, respect goes both ways.

My guess is, whatever level of perceived disrespect is shown on this message board is vastly opposite of the actual respect the Alcoa team will show. I doubt Alcoa is taking off the week of practice and not strategizing.

My biggest concern, if I am reading the boards correctly, is the roster size difference between the two schools. Ball control also means a longer series and more-winded players - something that would hurt a thinner team over the course of four quarters.

Smack talk aside, I am looking forward to this game....should be a good barometer of where champions outside of the top two classifications in each state match up.

All we ask is the F5 take it easy on us. I guess we should have scheduled Maryville instead..........no wait...... you are the second best team in your county. I guess you guys feel like Vandy. Please don't run up the score. We need to finish the season.

5 in a row!!! murvil? 0 in a row. Its easy to win when u have allumni officiating the games(right Larry Hunt, pass interfeirence on someone that isnt on the field when the score is 13-13 on a 3rd and long late in the forth quarter) great call :popcorneater:

but back to the game, Alcoa fans are rowdy yes, but they will prove that they are classy too. Alcoa will beat Bell and get ready for next week...

I've got no idea what kind of team Bell Co. has, never seen them or even heard of them. But if they are a defending state champion, I respect them. However; I do know first hand and up close what kind of team and program Alcoa has. 5 time consecutive defending state champions should say it all. But, big, fast, talented, athletic, deep, and extremely well coached are a few other adjectives that come to mind. My team (CAK) has to play them every year, and in good years, twice. They're the real deal. My experience with there fans has been very positive. They love their team, treat visitors great, and are enjoying the success of their program, just like all of us would like to. I think Bridge and BC are hilarious even when my team is on the other end of the barbs.

Good luck Alcoa, but you won't need it. Go represent East TN football and show'em how its played down here. :popcorneater:

They may be one of the top 5 teams to ever come into Log Mountain, but the only difference is that when those other 4 teams came in Bell was ready for them and they could actually handle what was about to be thrown at them. Bell lost their overrated star at QB and 12 or 13 more overrated seniors that played a weak shedule and weaker playoff teams. Alcoa wont post the numbers that have been predicted so far, they will probably post better. Bell you gotta get ready or it will be over by halftime or earlier. good luck Alcoa but I know from 3 time experience that you dont need it. Bring infamous Log mtn back home with ya!!! :popcorneater: