District 4a This Year

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Coalfield you had a great season. As for Wartburg three sub-state trips with arguably the best 5 starters in the region each year. Region 2 is weak when it comes to girl's teams mainly district 3. Thing that's so great is The #1 and #2 teams from District 2 get in different brackets which usually places two district 2 teams in the championship since the other district has been so weak in past years. Wartburg should pat Oakdale on the back because if they thought North Greene beat up on them, Tellico was ready for the dogs, they just forget about a very good Oakdale team. Wartburg has had more talent than everyone the past three years, next year they won't. And If I remember right wasn't this group of girls weak in middle school? I may be wrong, but I thought they got beat up on. Coaching at Wartburg has been a big ? in the big games against good teams. They will no longer be able to out talent teams, we will see how it shakes out next year with a lot of talent coming back at other school while Wartburg returns only one proven player.

Congrats to Coalfield you had a great season. As for Wartburg three sub-state trips with arguably the best 5 starters in the region each year. Region 2 is weak when it comes to girl's teams mainly district 3. Thing that's so great is The #1 and #2 teams from District 2 get in different brackets which usually places two district 2 teams in the championship since the other district has been so weak in past years. Wartburg should pat Oakdale on the back because if they thought North Greene beat up on them, Tellico was ready for the dogs, they just forget about a very good Oakdale team. Wartburg has had more talent than everyone the past three years, next year they won't. And If I remember right wasn't this group of girls weak in middle school? I may be wrong, but I thought they got beat up on. Coaching at Wartburg has been a big ? in the big games against good teams. They will no longer be able to out talent teams, we will see how it shakes out next year with a lot of talent coming back at other school while Wartburg returns only one proven player.

More talent than anyone? What about the Kayla Christopher O.S. teams, or Tellico (who if they cant beat oakdale couldn't beat wartburg), or the Coalfield Teams the last 2 years!

Best 5 Starters....I know that Coalfield this year and O.S. 2/3 years will take that as an opinion. Fact is Both schools have had better starting 5's than and other 4a team.

Coalfield and O.S. have had more talent than anyone in 4 A over the past couple of years! Watching Wartburg girls I think that only 1 maybe 2 (Bunch and Fountain) of them could have started at Coalfield, or O.S. over the past 2 years. Who has wartburg had over the past 2 years that is a D-1 Talent (KC, AJ) answer nobody! Don't knock the other teams in this district pal. You want to talk talent k, but in my opinion Wartburg has been third best talent wise over the past two years.

I think Oneida has had a pretty good starting 5 over the past 2 years also, and don't forget the team oakdale had 2 years ago two nearly 6'0 that could also play. The only bad teams in the district are Sunbright and Jellico. Turmoil with losing our coach was the only reason we didn't compete for 4A this year, Wartburg may need to take the lesson. Tellico my friends was overrrrrrrated!!! Any of the 4 out of 4a WOULD HAVE BEAT THEM! :lol:

Up here in the Tee Pee we would love to have a coach bad enough to take us to a state and win a region with a couple of sub's in there to boot! :lol:

How about Settles, McWhorter, Branstetter, Staten, Armes, Chapman? Coalfield has had the same team for three years, Oliver Springs had Christopher. Os had the best player, Wartburg had the best starting 5. Two years ago in Settles, McWhorter, Branstetter, Fountain, Armes. Wartburg has had the best talent which has shown in their success in the post season. And about starting at Oliver Springs or Coalfield, I could easily name 5 players the past two years that would have started from Wartburg. And about Tellico, they beat Marion County by ten points who would have played in the state tournament if it wasn't for Jackson County. They pouned 80% of the teams they played and lost by 9 points to the a team in AA, Polk County, who beat tons of quality teams this year including a 7 point win over McMinn Central who is in the AA state semi finals. And up at the Tee Pee they would prolly of liked to had some of the girls that have set the bench the past three years. Oneida has lacked superior talent.... they had a decent team with Donja, Lay, and chitwood, but they haven't had 5 good players in a while. Wartburg has had the better talent I can go pull stats if need be.

How about Settles, McWhorter, Branstetter, Staten, Armes, Chapman? Coalfield has had the same team for three years, Oliver Springs had Christopher. Os had the best player, Wartburg had the best starting 5. Two years ago in Settles, McWhorter, Branstetter, Fountain, Armes. Wartburg has had the best talent which has shown in their success in the post season. And about starting at Oliver Springs or Coalfield, I could easily name 5 players the past two years that would have started from Wartburg. And about Tellico, they beat Marion County by ten points who would have played in the state tournament if it wasn't for Jackson County. They pouned 80% of the teams they played and lost by 9 points to the a team in AA, Polk County, who beat tons of quality teams this year including a 7 point win over McMinn Central who is in the AA state semi finals. And up at the Tee Pee they would prolly of liked to had some of the girls that have set the bench the past three years. Oneida has lacked superior talent.... they had a decent team with Ronja, Lay, and Sexton, but they haven't had 5 good players in a while. Wartburg has had the better talent I can go pull stats if need be.

The first names you listed were on the wartburg team under dallas and they didn't even have a winning record, something like 23-27 before Jason came in. I may be off by a game or two but your point that coaching has been a question is absurd. During this three year run Wartburg has had 2 constants coaching and fountain. Davis has had something like 15 senior starters graduate during that time and last year went to substate when most thought wartburg to be rebuilding. Now after everyone on coach t picking wartburg to finish 5th, 4th, and 3rd. the last 3 years all of a sudden those teams are now the most talented in region 2A and shouldve won the dist and region champ. The fact is Jason brought this program to near elite status, thats what happens when you are in the sweet 16 or better each year.

You are comparing apples to oranges in all of those games you mentioned nobody cares how tellico did with mcminn central maybe they should have spent a little more time working on Oakdale since that was a game that counted.

Who has set the bench I know for a fact that Wartburg plays most games 9-12 players which is way more than most teams in A, at times that leads to some sloppy play but it's called player development, the young ones won't always play consistently well but it's nice to see that many play. No secret on here that I like the way the program is going. I believe that Wartburg has had its share of talent over the past 3 years nobody wins without it.

But it is a fact you could put Lamar Rogers at jellico and they still aint going to the boro. Winning happens when talent and coaching meet. No accidental winners when you get to tourney time. The best usually rise!

Three years under Dallas Developing. One year under Jason, who has a sub par record in middle school at Wartburg. He has had extremely good talent, and he sits them at weird points. Longmire's minutes in Wartburg's losses in the post season was way way down. He set her and she was arguably one of the best players on the team. He called two timeouts in a game they got smacked, a lot worse than 13, bulldog fans better thank North Greene for letting off the gas. Watch next year when he doesn't have players who have proved they can play. I only told about tellico because of the statement that anyone in 4A would have beaten them which they wouldn't have. Wartburg is no where near elite status bulldogmom, Dallas' team should have won state, the past two years have been sub state flukes. That's why very seldom do Region 2 teams win at state. Clarkrange beat wartburg by 46, yeah that's right 46 points and they lost in the region semi's. Go look in Region 4 That's elite. or oliver springs or coalfield. Both are more elite than wartburg. Wartburg is far from Elite.

I have only seen wartburg play oakdale this year, but I can tell you they don't beat Oakdale in the region or district if davis keeps her in the game. #30 I think was a far better player and #32 or 23 whichever is the smaller girl that subs to the post off the bench also. I bet her minutes went down because that awful coach saw that.

Quit bashing the coaches in the dist. I just don't think you can fuss about people willing to work with our morgan co kids for less money and all this drama. I didn't like JD because I thought he was a daddy's boy, got kicked out of the gym in middle school, poor loser etc., but from what Im seeing and the proof is in the record JD has brought wartburg to an elite status and we'd trade places with him in a substate or state tourney in a second. Respect in most places is earned & that program admin, kids, and coaches has mine.

Everybody relax....... :) .......is this Kazam speaking? We all are capable of breaking down every team in the district and seperating fact from fiction. Where the teams eventually end up is a very telling aspect of the ability of the coaches. And remember this too, good coaches don't always win! That bears itself out every year.....with the change in personnel, comes different adjustments in coaching style. Don't believe me? What is B. Pearl doing NOT pressing? Players are different every year....or if they are the same player they are working with new/different teammates. Coaches have to make some unmatchable parts work in order to succeed! (ever put a square peg in a round hole?) The coach absolute has to have his team playing well at exactly the right time. (something JD has turned into an art over the last three years) I know a coach that took his team to the State Tournament 2 of the 3 years he coached, and they ran him out of the job. The season they didn't make it, they lost in the substate by one to a team that eventually made the finals. The coaches in the district are all qualified in their field......it ain't truthfully, as simple as it looks! :roflol:

Kazanity :)

I understand coaching is hard but to Crown Wartburg an Elite team look at what they've accomplished with who they've won with. You can go back and see where they have the best or at least top 3 player in the district along with 4 other very very solid starters which is more than most can put out. But just to prove this "Elite" Status here some stat from the past three years. Then you tell me who's elite? Wartburg has been lucky the past three years with the draws in the region tournament always avoiding the best team in district 2.

Wartburg 58-37 (17-15) 61% winning overall 53% in district- Region Champs, One State Appearence (0-1) Loss to Jackson County.

Oakdale 56-33 (18-14) 63% winning overall 56% in district

Coalfield 57-26 (24-9) 69% winning overall 73% in district- Region Champs, One State Appearence (0-1) loss to Jackson County.

Oliver Springs 62-37 (25-7) 63% winning overall 78% in district- Three District Champs, One Region, Two State appearences (1-2) both losses to Clarkrange

I know piano you feel upset because your child didn't get the playing time necessary to make you happy. But your child has also had the chance to be on one of only 4 teams in A the past 3 seasons to finish their season at least in the substate.

Also, how did Dallas almost win the state tournament when he never got a team to the boro? Makes no sense!

I'm moving on to next year now where the team will be rebuilding and we should all support them and coach d so we can be right back on top sooner rather than later. A change in coaches at this point is not what Wartburg needs! The team will probably be sub-.500 next year but you can expect it to be good in 2011 and maybe by the time tournaments come around next year.