Smith Co. visits Gordonsville

imallin

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Croz.....you got a sneak peek tonight, as did the entire G-ville coaching staff. You sound as if you can't decide exactly what to think. Was it really SC or was it CC? Surely CC has seen some passes before.So was the coverage that much off, or was it SC's pasing attack? Surely CC has tried to run the ball before. Especilly with their big hog molly #78 leading the way. Or was it SC's defense? SC had many mistakes and still hung 40 CC, in what, less than 3 quarters? I expect G-ville to play a better game than last year.......but....can G-ville's O-line handle SC's D-line? Can G-ville's D-line handle SC's O-line? Can G-ville's DB's really cove SC's recievers? Has SC shown their entire hand? Does SC have more of a running game than they are showing? There's a whole lot of questions to wonder about.

You're right you can't hardly tell in a game like that. To be honest, it was probably a combination of CC and SC. I think SC is good but CC made them look better. We'll know for sure in a week.

Looking ahead a little Croz........is the O-line for G-ville Butler, Bryant, Craighead, Gentry and Allen? The DBs Webster, Smith, Sanders and Bennett? Just trying to get an idea about the matchups. Can I come over and save a seat..........say........about Tuesday?

Gville has to have improved, no doubt. They are all a year older. Do I think the Tigers can put up a good fight? Possibly for a little bit on emotion alone. I think SC takes this game and is in control early and keeps the hammer down into th 4th. My prediction is somewhere around 41-7.

Looking ahead a little Croz........is the O-line for G-ville Butler, Bryant, Craighead, Gentry and Allen? The DBs Webster, Smith, Sanders and Bennett? Just trying to get an idea about the matchups. Can I come over and save a seat..........say........about Tuesday?

You're right on the line. The DB's will be Webster, Bennett, Melhoff. Not sure about who else. LB's will probably be Woodmore and Allen. Ends will be Taylor and Watson. Beyond that, there's is likely to be a lot of rotation

One thing I can promise you is that SCs D-line is ready for whatever challenge G-villes O-line can dish out at them. Second, G-ville better learn some new coverages and quickly. Third, I promise that SC has NOT shown their full hand. Game plan and play calling seemed very simple and basic Friday night compared to what can happen.

We can't lay the ball on the ground and have ignorant referees who call crazy holding penalties. Other than that we are hanging 40 again! That's just my honest opinion as an innocent by-stander.