Smith Co. visits Gordonsville

imallin

I was at work today, and someone came up to me talking about the game.

Their uncle(an SC fan) had went to last week's game and told him that SC didn't look that good but CC looked that bad.

I've been saying that for a week now, but I get chastised for it. We'll know for sure tomorrow.

If I go at all, I'll see ya'll after half. That's probably the earliest I can get there.

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at work today, and someone came up to me talking about the game.

Their uncle(an SC fan) had went to last week's game and told him that SC didn't look that good but CC looked that bad.

I've been saying that for a week now, but I get chastised for it. We'll know for sure tomorrow.

If I go at all, I'll see ya'll after half. That's probably the earliest I can get there.

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah...man...and I thought SC played well. If an SC fan said that...it must be so. :popcorneater:

SC didn't look real good with ball security issues and penalties. The younger bunch got stopped at the goalline on downs a couple times. I don't care who said SC didn't look good. When a defense gives up less than a one yard average per play....that defense "looked" good. Anything can happen on a given night of high school football. Both sides should get behind their team and really give these players an atmosphere to be proud to play in front of. The weather could play a big role. So many variables. But one thing is certain. SC will be ready to strap it up and go til the final buzzer.

If, if..............by some odd chance, G-ville should make a good game of it.......or (I can't believe I'm saying this) if by some miracle G-ville were to pull the upset........NOBOBY,and I mean NOBODY can say a word other than the croz man. A true blue tiger man.

Croz...I hope by this time tomorrow night your felling are hurt just a little......but after tomorrow....I'm with you Bud.....the rest of the way. As a (appears to be only) true fan...I hate you have to miss any of it. Reguardless of the outcome....as a true fan I know you want to be there to start the season.

All that being said........Go Big Owls..........let's make it 11 in a row..........I'm thinking 34-12.

SC didn't look real good with ball security issues and penalties. The younger bunch got stopped at the goalline on downs a couple times. I don't care who said SC didn't look good. When a defense gives up less than a one yard average per play....that defense "looked" good. Anything can happen on a given night of high school football. Both sides should get behind their team and really give these players an atmosphere to be proud to play in front of. The weather could play a big role. So many variables. But one thing is certain. SC will be ready to strap it up and go til the final buzzer.

SC looked good on both sides of the ball but partly because CC looked so bad. And the ball security and penalties don't get fixed in just one week. They can be addressed and get better, but they don't get fixed. So, I'm hoping the problems show back up tomorrow night.

Not taking away from SC but I don't they are as good as they seem. We shall see.

I could be wrong, and I realize that SC didn't show everything. Actually, If I was Maynord, I would've shown less than they did.

I do hope it is an injury free game, and both teams learn from the game to make themselves better. For, tomorrow night at about 10:30, I'll become an SC fan until this time next year. However, they'll still be second to the BIG BLUE.

Croz, where are all of the Gordonsville posters that used to flood the board this week. Have their kids graduated and now they don't have that Tiger pride? If so, you need to let the incoming parents know that there is this website on the internet that they can come to and talk smack on.

As for tonight, I don't see the end result being any different than any other time that I have witnessed in the last decade or so. I have been wrong before, once, so it can happen. It's not because I think Smith County is so good, because I actually think they still have a lot of growing to do with some inexperienced players, but mainly because I just don't see how Gordonsville is supposed to be any better than all the other times when people promised wins on here. I guess we will see soon enough.

My prediction

Smith County - 28

Gordonsville - 14

Once again this Friday night the Owls will be able to do whatever they want. Run or Pass!!! Croz and GoodTime yall have lost yalls minds if yall think it is gonna be close and especially if you see the Tiggers winnin. :lol:

man if we knew some of yalls plays it would help :unsure: but yes i see the tigers winning 14 - 7 does anyone know where the switch to the scoreboard is ???

As others have said, you have to give credit to the Gville fans, especially Croz, for the unrelenting hope and support for the Tiggers, and for stepping up for them on here. That's no easy task with this bunch at times, but I hope you realize it's all in fun. After this week I'll be pulling for Gville every time they take the field, but as for tonight....

GO GET 'EM OWLS!!!