McMinn Central @ Polk County

loudnboy35

First of all Blitznbuc. You are an idiot. Were you at the Polk/Bradley game. I highly doubt it. So you didn't see the same game I did. Just because Bradley hasn't been good in years past doesn't mean they can't field a good team. They do have 1200 or so kids. Anyways if it wasn't raining last year Polk would have won that game period. We couldn't hold on to the ball for nothing but like it has been said that was last year. There is no way Central will have the momentum going into this game. First of all they tend to get the BIG head. Secondly they are 0-1 right now and could very well start 0-2. From what i have saw and heard Polk is once again the better team in this game. I will give it to the Central kids they have gotten a couple over us the past few years but its time to end that. Polk is the better team and will smack Central right in the mouth.

THATS WHATS UP

TIME FOR SOME PAYBACK :lol:

you seriously think polk would have won that football game last year if it wasn't raining...you didn't see the game i did!!! sounds like you polk fans are the ones with the BIG HEAD!! once again the better team hugh? and i thought 6+4+3=2 had red tinted glasses!!!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all Blitznbuc. You are an idiot. Were you at the Polk/Bradley game. I highly doubt it. So you didn't see the same game I did. Just because Bradley hasn't been good in years past doesn't mean they can't field a good team. They do have 1200 or so kids. Anyways if it wasn't raining last year Polk would have won that game period. We couldn't hold on to the ball for nothing but like it has been said that was last year. There is no way Central will have the momentum going into this game. First of all they tend to get the BIG head. Secondly they are 0-1 right now and could very well start 0-2. From what i have saw and heard Polk is once again the better team in this game. I will give it to the Central kids they have gotten a couple over us the past few years but its time to end that. Polk is the better team and will smack Central right in the mouth.

THATS WHATS UP

TIME FOR SOME PAYBACK :lol:

As far as Bradley Central......I was at a 5-way scrimmage there a few weeks ago. I saw a few people running around wearing t-shirts that stated: "It's A Bradley Thing.....You Wouldn't Understand". The two guys with me got a good laugh about it, and we all agreed that the shirt was correct......we don't understand. Sort of like......actually DO SOMETHING first on the field, then run that mouth. Bradley fans should prepare themsleves for a 4-6 season, then start their annual mantra next August about how 2010 will be the year of the Bear. :lol:

I seriously doubt a team that is 0-1 is going to get the big head. And after this Friday, they could be very well be 0-2. But that doesn't guarantee Polk a victory just because they're 1-0 when they play Central. You must realize that although it was a "feel good" thing beating neighboring Bradley, it really wasn't an upset or that great of a thing other than being 1-0. I don't think Central's team - under their new coaches - will get the big head even if they beat Cleveland. So you may want to find another angle to criticize them on. If Polk is a better team than Central, they have it to prove ON THE FIELD.......not a message board.

PC better be worried about how they are going to stop bigger faster receivers unstead of what the weather was last year. MC will have played two teams both better than the doormat that polk beat last week. all who saw the mcminn game know that we out played the cherokees who are one of top teams in thier region. go blue!!!!!!!!!

hey blitzinbuc....who you got winning the central-cleveland game.

I'm going with Central just because I want them to win. And before anyone calls me a "homer", I picked McMinn County to beat the Chargers last week.

On a sidenote......I'd like to commend both Polk County and McMinn Central for upgrading their out-of-conference schedules. It may cause them to have another loss or two at season's end, but I think that tradeoff of playing stronger teams will be beneficial when playoffs begin!

I'm going with Central just because I want them to win. And before anyone calls me a "homer", I picked McMinn County to beat the Chargers last week.

On a sidenote......I'd like to commend both Polk County and McMinn Central for upgrading their out-of-conference schedules. It may cause them to have another loss or two at season's end, but I think that tradeoff of playing stronger teams will be beneficial when playoffs begin!

agreed. i also picked the cherokees last week...echo the point about both teams uping thier schedules!

agreed. i also picked the cherokees last week...echo the point about both teams uping thier schedules!

Ok, I have officially read all comments, and here I go. If you are a Polk fan you know how I always praise the staff and the respect that is shown by you guys. I love the small town heros, stories, and the stories men tell as their lives go forward. We are not much different in blue land with the exception we share a two small town system, which is actually sometimes harder to deal with. There should be no more talk of a disrespectful and undiscipline Charger bunch, that will not fly anymore. The coaching staff are great men, with strong morals and values that drive their lives and decisions, you can see it in the boys.

I think this will be a good game, with the edge going to MC. This is not because I am drinking the blue kool-aid, although it is refreshing, but because MC was missing a key ingredient in Josh Moss against McMinn on Friday. The recievers did a fine job for MC friday, but Moss would have made a difference.

I have said my piece, good luck to all.

you can't set here and tell me central could have blown polk out of charger stadium last year! you are right the weather did have an affect on polks play...but it affected central more! central had speed that was taken away from them! the weather did polk because they were slow to begin with!!!! a lot worse? what was the score of polk's first round game? wasn't it a two touchdown game? central got beat 28-14.........you talk about the past an awful lot not to care about it!!!! just keep looking through you red tinted glasses

smokey04... should of, would of, could of, but you didn't and you never will. Coach Davis is too good at prepping his defense, you had that same speed two years ago but had to come from behind to get the win. Polk may not have the best athletes but they have heart and are well coached. Actually in the first round game it was 7-7 until late in the 4th quarter and Polk had a chance to tie but ended up losing 14-7. No red tinted glasses here I said last year we would lose to Central. I will never say we are going to blow someone out... unlike you Blue Kool Aid drinkers who thought Central was state bound last year. BTW did all you drinkers get your room deposit's back from Murfreesboro? :lol: Just kidding you, good luck tomorrow night! I may come and watch you know who I am so come up and say hello! :lol:

logcabinman, good post! I have to give smokey04 and a few others a hard time occasionally but its all in fun...hope they don't take it personally.

Cleveland the worst team in Bradley Co.? Get out of here, lol. Cleveland is healthy for the first time all summer. Cleveland is a little thin depth wise, but still have more athletes than Bradley and Walker Valley. Cleveland's speed alone will beat Bradley, and we owe WV one :wacko:.

sorry to take over you guy's thread

Yall Central Fans are forgetting one thing.... Let me explain, Central did so great against County using the Run and Polk has one of the best run defenses in the state and have always had a great one. Everyone is under estimating Polk like Centrals Jr's & Sr's Did in the Championship game of their 7th & 8th Grade year when they lost 20-12... So im gunna predict the score is the same as then.

Polk-20

Central-12

Yes central ran the ball alot in the game against mcminn county, but they also have the passing game. They can execute at either one. Just because they have a great rushing defnese dont mean they can defend a pass, and centrals ecievers are much more athletic then anyone on polks side. Polk had a great rushing defense last year, but central hit them right in the mouth and shoved it right down there throat.