McMinn Central @ Polk County

loudnboy35

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who will win the battle in the trenches?

Good question, but something neither team's fans can claim they'll do for sure this Friday night. Some nights a team may have it, and some other nights they may not. Both teams have good linemen and are well-coached, generally speaking.

I do think Central's linemen have been "tested" more than Polks because they've played one more game, and that was against a quality opponent. So, they do have that advantage on their side.

Polk plays with alot of heart so it would be hard for any team to whip them in the trenches especially when they're playing at home. hopefully central's line can stay fresh. BC's line pushed polk's D line around alittle in the first half but they eventually got tired, if this happens to central's line the offense will definately suffer. hopefully both central's D and O lines can get off to a fast start and keep the momentum going. :twisted:

You've got to love the blind loyalty of some high school football fans. I'm still waiting for someone to point out the positives from the game against Cleveland..Any sensible fan, of course would have been happy that Central found a way to win,,,wasn't too hard to find though, Cleveland made it apparent!

I keep asking, how do you watch that game and think you can beat anybody?

As far as the trenches, Polk handled a big, experienced, albeit over-hyped, OL/DL from Bradley. Yes conditioning played a part, but BC's rushing yards came from the back making his own yards, and the Polk OL had no problems with the Bears DL. I see Polk winning in the trenches, on both sides of the ball, the question will be if Polk can neutralize Central's LB and one DE......

You've got to love the blind loyalty of some high school football fans. I'm still waiting for someone to point out the positives from the game against Cleveland..Any sensible fan, of course would have been happy that Central found a way to win,,,wasn't too hard to find though, Cleveland made it apparent!

As far as the trenches, Polk handled a big, experienced, albeit over-hyped, OL/DL from Bradley. Yes conditioning played a part, but BC's rushing yards came from the back making his own yards, and the Polk OL had no problems with the Bears DL. I see Polk winning in the trenches, on both sides of the ball, the question will be if Polk can neutralize Central's LB and one DE......

Charlie, that is the way it is supposed to be, blind loyalty I mean. Anyway, Do not discount the McMinn game, MC had an opportunity to win that one. Their line was a big line, so the Chargers have faced it this year. I think that the Cleveland game was sloppy, and to honest I was glad that it rained - don't know how we could have stopped the Parks kid on a dry surface. I do not see the game being lathargic this week, a lot of hype with a lot of energy, I mean listen to us idiots on here - you think the kids won't be ready. One thing is for sure, a lot of blue Kool aid mixed in with red tinted glasses, don't you love high school football.

central's LB's and DE's are as real as it gets atleast for 2A, Hargrove for Polk is a beast as well they played him at LB against BC but i could see him lining up at DE some against central, he could be a problem for central. hopefully king and ragland have big games and stop Lee he's an elusive runner the chargers better be ready to hit, i love me some blue kool-aid, but even velvet hoop must admitt Polk's kid sure do know how to hit. Im counting on the speed of moss and simpson to put central over the top, central wins the game with big plays. 1 on 1 with moss = 6

Hmm as far as the trenches go if Polk contains Stiles they will easily win the battle down in the trenches. Polk's D line, from what I saw last Friday, will have no problems penetrating through Central's sloppy O line. But yeah I agree the mix of Blue Kool aid and Red tinted glasses makes for an awesome atmosphere. Cant wait for Friday!!! :twisted:

Sort of like the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it Charlie? Central beat a bad Cleveland team.....and you think there's nothing positive at all? But Polk beats a bad Bradley team and you think it's grand to find all sorts of positives? Can't have it both ways my friend.

As I've said, Central's advantage is that they have played an extra game against a solid opponent. That has given their linemen a chance to go up against a better line than Polk's......and they were challenged for a full 4 quarters. Plus, it was an extra game for the coaches to evaluate the linemen's strengths and weaknesses against two different teams. Polk hasn't played in two weeks, and the only game they played wasn't against an opponent that challenged the Polk team for 4 quarters. Whether this advantage equals a victory remains to be seen. I think it will.

Sort of like the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it Charlie? Central beat a bad Cleveland team.....and you think there's nothing positive at all? But Polk beats a bad Bradley team and you think it's grand to find all sorts of positives? Can't have it both ways my friend.

Both ways, these games didn't compare,,the positive was 8 total penalties (3 by Polk) versus 28 total penalties. The positive was 1 turnover (by BCHS) as opposed to 5 turnovers (4 by Central). I'm not trying to have anything both ways, anyone that watched the Cleveland/Central game had to come away thinking, "that was a mess", the folks that left the Polk/Bradley game went away thinking, "what a game". I don't like Bradley, but I thought those guys played pretty good,,,I am a Cleveland fan, and I'm concerned that the Blue Raiders may not win a game.....I'm not here to sling mud, plenty of folks to take care of that, but if I were a Central fan, I would also be concerned, and yes I would be optimistic that they will have a good week of practice like a good fan should. But what do they say "you're only as good as your last performance"....

Some Central fans have already made some sense, smokey and logcabin, I think they have commented that Central can't play like that and expect to beat Polk...

Do you expect Polk to commit 18 penalties, not be able to line up, not be able to execute a punt...

Do you expect Polk to throw 27 times and complete 8?

MY point is, if Central doesn't fix the turnovers and penalties they won't win...if they do then what a game it will be....but it's ridiculous to be a Central fan and feel good about what you saw Friday night.

Good Luck to both teams, I'll be at Cleveland watching the Blue Raiders, probably lose to Bradley for the first time in forever....But I hope they have a good week of practice and fix the issues,,,but I think Cleveland has more issues than just penalties and turnovers,,,,,But that's a different thread...

Both ways, these games didn't compare,,the positive was 8 total penalties (3 by Polk) versus 28 total penalties. The positive was 1 turnover (by BCHS) as opposed to 5 turnovers (4 by Central). I'm not trying to have anything both ways, anyone that watched the Cleveland/Central game had to come away thinking, "that was a mess", the folks that left the Polk/Bradley game went away thinking, "what a game". I don't like Bradley, but I thought those guys played pretty good,,,I am a Cleveland fan, and I'm concerned that the Blue Raiders may not win a game.....I'm not here to sling mud, plenty of folks to take care of that, but if I were a Central fan, I would also be concerned, and yes I would be optimistic that they will have a good week of practice like a good fan should. But what do they say "you're only as good as your last performance"....

Some Central fans have already made some sense, smokey and logcabin, I think they have commented that Central can't play like that and expect to beat Polk...

Do you expect Polk to commit 18 penalties, not be able to line up, not be able to execute a punt...

MY point is, if Central doesn't fix the turnovers and penalties they won't win...if they do then what a game it will be....but it's ridiculous to be a Central fan and feel good about what you saw Friday night.

Good Luck to both teams, I'll be at Cleveland watching the Blue Raiders, probably lose to Bradley for the first time in forever....But I hope they have a good week of practice and fix the issues,,,but I think Cleveland has more issues than just penalties and turnovers,,,,,But that's a different thread...

Finally a sensible post. The days are counting down, and I'm ready to see this game. Go Wildcats!! :roflolk:

I would say both the Polk and Central fans left the games of their respective wins happy with a victory, and optimistic that thier team would eliminate some mistakes before the next game. And the old saying that you're only as good as your last performance is for losers who accept hopelessness and the mindset there's no room for improvement. I seriously doubt Coach Goodin and his staff have created an atmosphere like that, nor will they tolerate an attitude like that from any player.

I would agree that if Central plays sloppily against a good opponent, they'll probably lose. But I think a coach and team shouldn't dwell on the past and run around screaming the sky is falling based on one game. They go to work on eliminating the mistakes! That game against Cleveland may be Central's poorest played game all season - who knows?!?!? If anything, I'd say it was a good wakeup call for the team, which will make them play with even less mistakes against Polk.

I still think Cleveland beats Bradley.....not that it will matter much since neither team will win over half their games. The trifecta of Bradley, Cleveland, and Walker Valley is pretty bad this year so far. I knew Bradley and Cleveland would be down, but I expected Walker Valley to be playing better than they are - they have the athletes to do it with.