Trousdale County @ Mayfield, KY......

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ballgame. 48-40 Mayfield. Mistakes (yellow laundry) killed us. May be the best thing that could happen for this team. We shall see!?!?

Games like this only makes you better. I listened to some of it and I didn't hear a few names . Trousdale must not be at full strength. Anyone who can put up 48 on you guys are pretty explosive. Time to go back to work as Iknow you will. Tough luck Seven and all of Hartsville. I'm a big fan.

Very exciting game that turned that way after a more than impressive start by the Yellow Jackets...TC went up 20-0 and looked unstoppable on offense and defense for the first quarter and a half....Nothing Mayfield was trying to do worked and everything TC did worked perfectly....Then, Mayfield hit two consecutive passes for TD's over the middle to Xavier Shelton (#7) who just simply outran the Yellow Jacket secondary for easy scores....After that 20-0 start the Cardinals outscored TC 48-14 until a late score by the Jackets.....Final was 48-40 Mayfield....

The yellow hankies did start flying when it looked like Mayfield was going to be able to come back and make a game of it....Lots of holding penalties brought back good gains by the Yellow Jackets but that was to be expected really...Tyreese Murrell (#6) and Decole Noonan (#5) hurt Trousdale County in the second half, both having big gains...Both these guys, mainly Murrell, have very good speed...Even the freshman Jonathon Jackson (#9) had some good gains for the Cardinals....The Mayfield QB (#14 Guhy) had a lot of time to throw and made some nice plays out of the spread sets....Thought the Mayfield offensive line really started imposing it's will on the TC line in the second half......

Thought Joey Cox (#26) and Tacola Seay (#5) ran the ball hard for TC...Liked the two QB system...On at least one of the TD passes it was QB to QB (#10 Dillon Young to #7 Craig Brown)...If you are a Trousdale County fan you have to be more than a little concerned with the defense....They have allowed 82 points through two games, not a good trend...They looked to be really winded midway through the second half...I don't know about the injury situation for TC but I did notice two players not dressed out for TC...(#8) Dre Crenshaw and (#9) Brent Ford...Mayfield had at least two guys not dressed out...(# 56) Austin Wynn and another player.....

Although there were multiple mistakes committed by both teams, it was a very exciting game between two real good programs....Mayfield entered the game as the AP #4 team in 1A and Trousdale County was on a 16 game winning streak and the defending 1A state champions....If I'm not mistaken Trousdale will return next season and face Graves County which will be a much easier task than facing Mayfield even though Graves is a 6A size school....

I was not kidding when I said that about the multiple hankies being brought.

Kentucky has the worst officiating process in the South.

I don't know about today's world but they used to rate the refs and assign the good ones to better teams and the lower rated refs got the poorer teams.

I wish TC could have pulled it off, but having been there many times, I know how it is and if you are from out of state.....uuuggghhh!

This isn't sour grapes just a normal Mayfield occurence.

Tough luck to Grunt and the Jackets. This could be a good thing for the Jackets in the end. Might make them more hongry and ready to put those long stingers in someone's buttocks. Good luck the rest of the season from the Pitt.

BTW Grunt, you should come watch SP/MC this week. Its gonna get ugly down in the valley. Im sure Old Pirate will save room. You could sit between him and that skillet slinger. :roflolk::lol:

I knew I would read about the flags. Maybe they were legit but Mayfield had some questionable ones called on them, plus the catch where they called it a fumble looked shakey too.

I thought Trousdale looked like a very well oiled machine on offense. They ran that miss direction stuff to perfection. Trousdale looked very well coached and had some very fine atheletes. I thought the sportsmanship was good from both teams.

I will say Trousdales defense is not up to par with its offense especially pass defending. I think untill they fix that problem they will be very vernable to teams who throw throw the ball well.

I thought Mayfield looked very good on offense and wore Trousdale out. Mayfield needs some work on defense too. Giving up 40 points wont win many games. I look for both teams to go deep in the playoffs and hope they both shore up the defenses and bring home the hardware.