Trousdale County @ Mayfield, KY......

Most of TC CoachT posters are headed to the game by now but Mayfield has traditionally been pretty good. We don't hear much from them here in West Tn. but Milan does scrimmage them some. Always been an admirer of TC since watching the Jackets beat Bruceton in the Clinic Bowl in 1990 I believe and I've followed TC thru the years. That's when it was 3 classifications too.

How far from TC to Mayfield? How did y'all schedule them the first time too? Former coaches? Just curious..

Good luck tonight against the Cardinals.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of TC CoachT posters are headed to the game by now but Mayfield has traditionally been pretty good. We don't hear much from them here in West Tn. but Milan does scrimmage them some. Always been an admirer of TC since watching the Jackets beat Bruceton in the Clinic Bowl in 1990 I believe and I've followed TC thru the years. That's when it was 3 classifications too.

How far from TC to Mayfield? How did y'all schedule them the first time too? Former coaches? Just curious..

Game is played on Sat.

Thanks, Mr. Mustang, from downtown Hartsville, it's about 190 mi. According to an earlier post,

Graves was looking for another team to play in the bowl, and TC eventually came up. No other

connection as far as I know.

Good luck to your guys as well. :lol:

A hundred years ago I played against Mayfield and later coached against them. They were brutal back then.

True story.....Mayfield is one of the reasons that Kentucky had to re-write the age eligibilityrule in that state. They used to hold back the best 5th and 6th graders and they not only would repeat the grade but be eligible to play another year.

I coached a Freshman team that had some 13 14 and 15 yr old freshman on it...mostly 14. Mayfield came to our field to play. The team bus pulled up and was followed by five cars. Players piled off the bus and the guys who drove popped open the trunk and got their helmets and shoulder pads out and joined the rest of the team.

Mayfield kicks off to us....our 14 yr old "inexperienced QB" calls off signals in a high pitched voice and after three plays we punt. Mayfield breaks the huddle and thie QB who has a 5 o'clock shadow comes to the line...looks over the defense and calls an "audible"....play goes 60+ yds for a TD. We got trampled.

State gets so many complaints they change the rule that you have to prove academic need to hold back students and if they were held back they could not play sports that year.

Mayfield used to ahve a lot of 19 and 20 yr old seniors back then. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

The old football coach there was Jack Morris and you had to be really tough to play for that guy

Sounds like some of the old Lake County,Missouri-Tennessee teams of yesteryear....I say that because legend had it there were some kids playing for Lake County that happened to live in Missouri.... :lol:

We played Mayfield when I was in middle school....Our 7th grade team got the great experience to play them twice in one year....We beat them one game..At the time it was the only time a 7th grade Union City team had ever beaten Mayfield....We also played them when I was in 8th grade..We beat them then too...That woulda been late 70's....They were older than we were both years... :lol: ...As was Lake County when we played them in junior high....I always wanted to play Mayfield when I was in high school but never did....

I saw in the Paducah Sun where 5 of the 8 sports outlets in the area picked Trousdale County to win....

I saw in the Paducah Sun where 5 of the 8 sports outlets in the area picked Trousdale County to win....

Well, I certainly hope they're right. LOL Less than 24 hrs from now we'll know for sure. If it lives up to

expectations, it will be a doozy.

BTW, thanks, P&G and all the rest of the folks in West TN., for all the info & support this week. The ole

Grunts' hat's off to ya. :lol: Have a great year.......

Well......the van has left to pick up the refs for tomorrow night's game at Mayfield. Van will arrive at "Happy Valley Sanitarium" early in the morning. Some notable names to be picked up to call the game VS. TC will be Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe....assisted by Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder.....talented but "limited". The refs brought six pairs each of yellow flags to "distribute". TC must play very hard to overcome this alleged homecooking.

Mayfield has a lifetime record on their own field of 439 wins and 29 losses. Their average penalty yds per game at home is 15 per game while their opponents have 75 yds......not to mention the speed trap on the Bluegrass parkway after the game. Stop at "Patti's to eat before the game.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.....remember TC you will be playing against third generation players there.