Trousdale County @ Mayfield, KY......

I knew I would read about the flags. Maybe they were legit but Mayfield had some questionable ones called on them, plus the catch where they called it a fumble looked shakey too.

I thought Trousdale looked like a very well oiled machine on offense. They ran that miss direction stuff to perfection. Trousdale looked very well coached and had some very fine atheletes. I thought the sportsmanship was good from both teams.

I will say Trousdales defense is not up to par with its offense especially pass defending. I think untill they fix that problem they will be very vernable to teams who throw throw the ball well.

I thought Mayfield looked very good on offense and wore Trousdale out. Mayfield needs some work on defense too. Giving up 40 points wont win many games. I look for both teams to go deep in the playoffs and hope they both shore up the defenses and bring home the hardware.

I sat in the middle of a bunch of Mayfield fans...When you have the comment being made that "now we are getting that Kentucky homecooking" being slung around...Well, I'll just say I heard it more than a dozen times.... :D ....

The fumble on the pass reception might have gotten over-turned in the college or pro game but high school doesn't have the luxury of instant replay...That was a bang-bang play...I'll also say that Mayfield made hits on Trousdale players out-of-bounds three or four times and only got called for it once but the first time TC did it the flags came out....There were two or three bad spots that TC got that could have made a difference in the game...Would have kept drives going...But having said all that, it's to be expected when a team crosses state lines...You also have to wonder why at the first of the game when Trousdale was moving up and down the football field virtually unchallenged there were no holding calls but then all of a sudden seemingly after every good gain TC made there was a yellow flag on the field after Mayfield hit those two TD passes to cut it to 20-13... :flower:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TC got cheated......PERIOD. Bulldog 69 hit it right on the head. Every drive they stopped us was because of of Dowe, Cheatum, and Howe. I feel real bad for the TC players, to make that long of a drive, just to get cheated. Hopefully those referees houses burned down last night :D . And Antwit, TC would CRUSH Carthage this year. If ya'll had the 'nads to play us. Thats THE REAL REASON Maynord didnt want no more. If the game had REAL officials TC puts up 70 points. Pretty sure we should just forfiet the game up there next yr. And after seeing Creasy chasing the refs into the locker rooms after the game that might just be the case. :flower:

TC got cheated......PERIOD. Bulldog 69 hit it right on the head. Every drive they stopped us was because of of Dowe, Cheatum, and Howe. I feel real bad for the TC players, to make that long of a drive, just to get cheated. Hopefully those referees houses burned down last night :D . And Antwit, TC would CRUSH Carthage this year. If ya'll had the 'nads to play us. Thats THE REAL REASON Maynord didnt want no more. If the game had REAL officials TC puts up 70 points. Pretty sure we should just forfiet the game up there next yr. And after seeing Creasy chasing the refs into the locker rooms after the game that might just be the case. :flower:

Now you know how we felt last year when yall put us out of the playoffs...Refs will kill a team :D

........................Mayfield................Tr ousdale

First downs...........13..........................22

Rushing Atts..........22..........................66

Rushing Yards......187.........................366

Passing............8-14-2.....................5-11-1

Passing Yards.......233........................106

Total Yards..........420........................472

Fumbles-Lost.......3-2.........................2-1

Penalties............5-35.......................10-90

The real story behind those 10 penalties for 90 yards are very misleading. At least 5 of those were 3rd and short and that TC got a 10-20 yard gain on only to be called back to make it 3rd and a mile, Instead of 1st and 10. I f you added yards gained during penalty it would look more like 10 penalties for 175 yds.

TC also had a player that was facemasked while running the ball right in front of a referee, that didnt get flagged. And on one of Mayfields TD we had a would be tackler get taken down from behind in plain sight to everyone in the stadium...no flag on that either. Also had several late hits that never got flagged. I really hope those refs have bad things happen to them or there families this year. I mean real bad. I havent figured out why a coach doesnt put in some kind of play to have the players "take a ref out". It wouldnt be hard. :flower:

........................Mayfield................Tr ousdale

First downs...........13..........................22

Rushing Atts..........22..........................66

Rushing Yards......187.........................366

Passing............8-14-2.....................5-11-1

Passing Yards.......233........................106

Total Yards..........420........................472

Fumbles-Lost.......3-2.........................2-1

Penalties............5-35.......................10-90

I listened to the game and there was 10 HOLDING CALLS ALONE. then we had 1 personal foul. 2 or 3 false starts. in total there was probably 130 yards worth of penalities. I wasn't there and i was questionable about the calls til' it was 34-34 and we started the drive with about a 25 yard run. next thing of curse a holding penalty that moved us back to the 16. I just got 1 question. "How much $$$ did the refs get paid?

I guess ole TC didn't have Mayfield's play signals and couldn't flip the switch on the clock. Go to a place where you can't really eat the home cooking and maybe the "overrated's" that slimshady has been tossing around like hot potatoes may just wear purple and gold.

If I was you I wouldn't be worriyng about the jackets I would be worrying about your owlettes. I mean after they squeeked by Gville friday. Oh yea if anybody's overratted it's Chicken Central. :flower:

I sat in the middle of a bunch of Mayfield fans...When you have the comment being made that "now we are getting that Kentucky homecooking" being slung around...Well, I'll just say I heard it more than a dozen times.... :flower: ....

The fumble on the pass reception might have gotten over-turned in the college or pro game but high school doesn't have the luxury of instant replay...That was a bang-bang play...I'll also say that Mayfield made hits on Trousdale players out-of-bounds three or four times and only got called for it once but the first time TC did it the flags came out....There were two or three bad spots that TC got that could have made a difference in the game...Would have kept drives going...But having said all that, it's to be expected when a team crosses state lines...You also have to wonder why at the first of the game when Trousdale was moving up and down the football field virtually unchallenged there were no holding calls but then all of a sudden seemingly after every good gain TC made there was a yellow flag on the field after Mayfield hit those two TD passes to cut it to 20-13... :D

P & G, first of all, let me one of the first to say, you're absolutely right...homecooking to the max!

Back to that later. First.. the Jacket defense, for the second week in a row, stunk up the place,

on occasion, giving up 3 wide open passes, 2 for td, untouched, unchallenged. The Jackets handed

the Cards 4 tds on a silver platter. The dbs stood there like freshmen in their first game. Someone

needs to address this glaring problem. Beyond that the D played quite well.

The offense moved the ball well, until the KY stripes decided to take over the game, and declare it flag

day. This is the most one sided officiated game of football I have witnessed, and I have seen a few.

We all knew going in what to expect from Mayfield on the field, as to cleanliness of play, but this

was waaaay over the top. I can't speak for Coach Creasy, but personally, I would not return next

year for the game with Graves Co. Personally, I will not return then, or any other game in the state

of KY.

There is nothing to be gained when you have to steal a game. THe Jackets were not allowed to keep

a long gain...HOLDING!! Some of these calls were made on a player not even close to the player

supposedly held. If you're going to make a bogus call, don't make it so blatantly obvious.

Overall, both teams played well, both looked tired. Some didn't seem to give 100% at all times. If I

stepped on some toes..., so be it..time to get it together if you want to see Cookeville without

buying a ticket.

Let's go Jackets...get r done!! :D

I guess ole TC didn't have Mayfield's play signals and couldn't flip the switch on the clock. Go to a place where you can't really eat the home cooking and maybe the "overrated's" that slimshady has been tossing around like hot potatoes may just wear purple and gold.

Hey imallin-shut up! Why are you still crying about the past anyway? To call the defending state champions "overrated" is stupid. Oh, that's right, you'll probably never know what it's like anyway.

Hey imallin-shut up! Why are you still crying about the past anyway? To call the defending state champions "overrated" is stupid. Oh, that's right, you'll probably never know what it's like anyway.

Got that right.amen :flower:

:D