Pirates from SP vs Warriors from Jasper

powerp

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP will say the warriors appear poised to be a good team. The Pirates have a huge amount of talant returning. Folks relate this matchup back to when each team were in middle school and their game was close. Well it may well be again.

The warriors appear to have a big defensive front with linebackers stunting from different spots and on different defensive reads. Then the 3-5 becomes a 5-3 which may confuse the young Pirate line. This tactic is obviously a high risk attempt to create big defensive stops. The Pirates linemen and blockers will need to read this changes and adjust their blocking on the run. The Pirates can play the speed game but can they run the power inside game between the tackles? Look for the warriors too sale out defensively in an attempt to slow the Pirate attack. OP says look for the Pirates to make some big plays offensively with the warriors becoming out matched once past the line of scrimmage. The Pirates defensively with be tough on the warriors with perhaps the warriors making a few big plays.

Gittin late fellers, dad burnit, but OP won't git much sleep round the cave tonight. OP was jest watching aTV commercial about a skillet slinger snoring and some feller gitting his pillar and going far away. Recon, them Hollywood folkes musta read coacht and figured theys plenty of snoring skillet slingers. :bored:

old pirate u never get off tha internet cuz ur looken u[ stats.. sp all day

SP's Finest! :bored: Good thing its a football game and not a spelling bee! :motorbike:

Watch out ther BJ, Old Pirate feels that you may over stated that comment jest tad. Recon OP will jest take as the nicest thing you've said about this here skillet head.

OP just can't see the warriors scoring more than 14 points. The Pirate defense will be better than any them warriors have seen. Regardless OP says the jasper folks shouldn't look for an uninspired Pirate team or they'll leave early with their heads down.

Predidiction...................................................they'll both show up.

Pirates offense is too much for the Marion defense. Marion lost alot of good seniors this past year, in my opinion they aren't near what they were last year. Don't get me wrong, they're still a good team & got the right mindset and have their heart in it, but I just don't see them making a far run in the playoffs similar to last year. I really want this game to be close like they used to be in years past, but I'm afraid it's going to be a repeat of the past 3yrs. I really hope the boys on both teams will act right and not have 100 unnecessary penalties. Good luck to both teams and lets hope for an injury free game on both sides.

The Pirates have outscored the Warriors the last 3 seasons 143-32. In 2006 the Pirates shut the Warriors out 48-0. In 2007 the score was 47-19. Last year the final outcome was 48-13. Its just like a different brand of athletes over here right now. I dont think we are going to score as much as we have the past 3 years, but I think our D is going to get the job done tommorrow night. B) I go to bed laughing every night at the comment made that we are going to score only 7 B). We will have 7 on the board before some of the fans get settled in. I dont see us scoring a lot in the first half though I think it will be close at least a two td lead or less going into the half. I say the Pirates get things going and for the rest of the 2nd half dominate. My prediction is 35-13 Pirates B)

A little less than 22 hours now left until kickoff...Shake the cob webs off boys cause you will be on the field before ya know it!! Keep your emotions in check B)

I see the pirates winning 33-12. If the warriors can keep it close the whole first half, then it will be close the whole night, I believe. I make this prediction because of the way they have played so far this year. I honestly think this team is better at this point in the season than they were at the start of last season. That being said, there is a long long way to go though to equal the improvement last years team made between games 1 and 14. One thing is for sure...............we should both know more about our teams tomorrow night at this time. B)

OP says there is a fine line between a team having the swagger/being confident and full of themselves. OP says the mental part of the game is sometimes the most difficult to prepare for. The 2009 Pirates have yet to prove anything except they will hit you in the teeth. OP says.. week 3 against their arch rival will start their journey to mediocrity or greatness. OP says always respect your competition and prepare for a war not a skirmish.

Old Pirate says the biggest things jasper have going for them is:

1. the unexpected- new system and personel deployment

2. the mental approach they can win after their strong run in 08

The Pirates have an abundance of confidence and "know" they will be tough to beat.

Well, it is finally the day of the big game!! Anybody in Marion County that does not get fired up for this game must be from Whitwell! B) I have been going back and forth about my thoughts on this game and I really feel like the Pirates will take care of business. Both teams have younger, less experienced players in the starting lineups tonight and how they respond on both sides of the ball I think will determine the outcome of the game. Anyone that has ever played in this annual rivalry can attest that the butterflies before this game feel like they are as big a buzzard! For the Pirates Jones, Robinson, Sellers, and Hale will be the playmakers to watch....for the Warriors Brocks, Rankin and Wells will be the ones. I think this will be a close game until the 3rd quarter and then the Pirates will pull away with a 4 straight win in the series. My prediction :

Pirates 35

Warriors 21

GO PIRATES!!!!!!!

OP says, SP folks need to rattle those JASPER folkes cages all..............day. For some of us this will be our last time to witness this rivalry between these two programs and for the rest of us it's a long time until next year.

OP says enjoy the game and RATTLE those cages Pirate folkes. Recon us SP folkes musta done a great job of rattling them Jasper cages last year. The 08 thread had over 25,000 hits (that number is bout the same as skillet attacks for OP). A bunch of fellers hadn't even shown up. OP is still wondering about a lot of folkes, Al Capone, rlh, nohope, Geno, MC Road Warrior, Lady Squaw, team 69, bossbro, Coach Ditka. OP hopes these folkes is still around. Guess maybe they've been incognito, anyhow..enjoy this beautiful day that we all have to rattle a few cages. :shock:

OP says, SP folks need to rattle those JASPER folkes cages all..............day. For some of us this will be our last time to witness this rivalry between these two programs and for the rest of us it's a long time until next year.

OP says enjoy the game and RATTLE those cages Pirate folkes. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ya u tellem old pirate cause if yall end up losing its all over hahahahahahaha