Pirates from SP vs Warriors from Jasper

powerp

KL just home from the game, just wondering about something. Maybe TTP can help KL out. Did the Pirates OVERACHIEVE tonight or did the Warriors UNDERACHIEVE? The Pirates only won by 6 in middle school, but won by 12 tonight. The Pirate D showed up and completely shut down the Warrior offense. KL didn't hear that train whistle too much tonight either. :o I agree with PowerP, our offense is not very good. I think Whitwell could have stopped us some tonight. We must go to work on the offense. But on the other side, if our D plays this well, we only need to score 2 or 3 times. There were several interceptions that were dropped, that if caught could have been 6 points easy. This game could have easily been 35-0 due to the Pirate D returning some interceptions for TD's. KL is not complaining, will take a win at Baxter Stadium anytime. :lol: OP, thought I saw you tonight up on the top row with a Black hat on. Was you covering up that scarred head? Looks like the skillet slinger had you in check up there. OP, I did see some holes in the fences over their on that purple clad side. Reckon they was a cuttin holes in the fences to try to sneak out early. :o:o

This game was definitely defensive tonight. Neither team could get anything going as the Defenses were in control the whole game. Sp scored on two short fields and an interception. Sp's D was even more impressive and their line completely manhandled ours. MVP of the night, in my opinion, was Jonathon Blevins. He is probably the smallest lineman on the field and he was in on it seemed like every play. MC also had a tough time blocking the fennel kid. Both offenses have a ton of work to do if they expect to make some noise in the playoffs. I do think we found a punter tonight though. Good luck to the pirates the rest of the year :D

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to both teams on two extremely good defenses. However, the offense on both teams need a lot of work, especially the Pirate offense...way too many missed blocks, botched plays, and horrible execution.....I know this was a huge rivalry game and jitters may have played a part, but I see trouble down the road if this continues...Question, why was J Sellers on the sideline most of the game??? He had a tremendous game last week and was not even part of the offense for this huge game. Anyway, a win is a win and once again the Pirates showed Jasper that they are the Power in the Valley..... :lol:

A couple of things:

Congrats to both teams for playing a hard fought game. I hope the Wells kid is ok. Once again there is a hard hit in a SP/Jasper game and probably still didn't make "hit of the night" on the news.

There was a ton of hard hits tonight for both teams. The Defenses looked really good and there was plenty of ear holing going on, as OP would say.

Old Pirate says congrats to all the kids for playing hard and giving a good defensive showing. The offense for both are not very good in OP's opinion. Yep, OP realizes those 2 statements are both ends of the spectrum. The warriors simply don't have enough weapons and the Pirate have an arenal and that was the difference. Point is this... both......... will lose when a quality team hits town that can be consistant on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Sorry folks...some fellers better git to work..........

KL, OP was wearing a cap and was up top for a short while,but it wasn't a black cap and the skillet slinger ate something that made her feel awlfully bad and stayed home. LOL, OP's cooking does it to hers everytime. Recon, OP ain't so dumb after all and ifin she would let OP git a tad more sleep then maybe.......he would be able to cook better. :lol:

OP's prediction was off by bout 50% with as most fans felt neither team is world beaters. That's not to say things can't git better but they better git better in a hurry. Several teams will beat them both ifin they continue to play offense the way they played tonight. CONGRATS TO THE PIRATES MAKING IT...........4-N-A-ROLL. NOT TOO SHABBY FELLERS.

As an age old saying goes.Offense sales tickets and Defense win's championships. Both team's D's were awesome tonight. MC you can hold your heads up high cause you definitely went 15 rounds tonight. MC needs some work on offense and they could have layed down without there two studs 21 and 32 out of the game the second half but those young kids came in a 6 stepped his game up alot which I think will help yall down the line. As for SP I said last week I din't like the new offense and still don't. I know we can all be armchair qb's but please somebody from SP tell me why we had to abandon the wing t when you have 24,25.28.11.21.2, as rb's? It would make terrell a better QB and we have the receivers to throw when we want when we get time. Our O line is huge this year. Also I forgot about 42. Seriously coaches need to look back and see when they make mistakes themselves and be man enough to admit it and go back to what work's for you. As long as our D plays well we will continue to win games but it's a shame with all the offensive weapons we have and only showcase about 3 or 4 of them..Man up and play SP football like it's suppose to be played!!!

I would like to congratulate both teams on a hard fought game. I agree with sportman that both defenses played their tales off. We all thought that the "Studs" for both teams would be the difference one way or the other, but if you ask me the MVP of this game was SP's #54 Jonathan Blevins. He dominated Marion's O-Line and plugged the middle. With the middle plugged Marion had a hard time getting outside on the SP speed. Neither team looked very good on offense though, but SP definitely took advantage of the breaks they were given. Both teams need a lot of improvement as the season progresses but I think they have the parts to go a long way in the playoffs. Good Luck next week Pirates and Warriors get some well deserved rest and get healthy...

The Spread belongs on crackers and not a Pirate offense.

Recon they are some sore fellers today with all the ear holing that went on last night. Old Pirate says there is a whole lot of work the Pirates need to do if they plan on staying unbeaten. Teams like Cascade, Polk, Central, BB and SM are waiting out their and are using that game with the Pirates to see where their team is. Got to git busy fellers. OP is and has been concerned with SP's conditioning program. It pains OP to so many studs pulling up lame game in game out, year in and year out. The excuse could is Jasper has more players but that jest don't seem to be valid to this OP.

rlh, OP says it's good you are still here, kinda worried about you there. OP figures maybe you been visiting great grand pappy. 8-)

nohope, Old Pirate says it's good to see you still here. Jest been reading is OP's guess. Hope JTMM is doing well at school. Tell him OP continues to wish him luck. Most of us coacht fans would enjoy knowing at tad of progress from time to time.

bossbro, Old Pirate hadn't heard from you in awhile and curious about David. Keep us abreast of his progress. SP are sure proud of him and the others who continue to progress down life's road in a positive way. :o Recon them Pirates should could have used him last night to pound the rock.

The Spread belongs on crackers and not a Pirate offense.

Recon they are some sore fellers today with all the ear holing that went on last night. Old Pirate says there is a whole lot of work the Pirates need to do if they plan on staying unbeaten. Teams like Cascade, Polk, Central, BB and SM are waiting out their and are using that game with the Pirates to see where their team is. Got to git busy fellers. OP is and has been concerned with SP's conditioning program. It pains OP to so many studs pulling up lame game in game out, year in and year out. The excuse could is Jasper has more players but that jest don't seem to be valid to this OP.

This is really the only bad thing I see about SP. I don't think it can all be hydration and things such as that. We probably had about the same number of players playing in the game. One thing you can say about coach Boeck is that his players are more than likely in the best shape of any team they will face. Also, I think last night was the best defense that the Warriors will face all year, that being said, we all know what needs to be worked on to get better. Less than 300 total yrds for both teams combined isn't going to do it all season. The defenses will keep us both in the games, but the offenses will have to score a couple at least.