Catholic @ Farragut

Irish423

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a good game to see really where both teams fit in at in this region. Farragut will be tested this week with the O-line thay have done a pretty good job so far but it is been a slow start the last two games. Farragut defense is really going to see were they are at or were they line up. Meadows is a good football coach and he gave Farragut problems before when he was at WB. Going to be a good football game to see. Catholic does have some good play makes on both sides of the ball plus they want to show everyone they belong with the big boys.

Now Irish...not only is it a numbers game, it is a" selective" numbers game. You know you guys recruit and the bigger public schools cannot. Have some sympathy at least, and cut us publics some slack! lol :roflolk:

I have now been drawn into a debate with what is without a doubt the top 2 baseball recruiting powerhouses in the state. :thumb:

Don't worry fbdad, oppressed and I have had an ongoing debate over recruiting and biased officials for years. He's just pulling my chain. GO MAVS

You pulling for the Irish or Admirals Oppressed?

OH BOY!!!!!!! IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS GAME!!!! In my opinion, this is going to be the best new rivalry in knox. The two most hated schools playing each other. Number 1 vs. number 1 as some are saying. ScottA11, you did spice this thing up. Thanks. It's too big of a game to have less posts than a topic i saw about a freshman game with 40+ posts!

The recruiting battle. I hate to say, that no matter how many public schools say it, Catholic will never say, believe, admit, or anything-that they recruit. (which they don't) At the same time, even if all 675 Catholic students got on here and said that they do not recruit at Catholic, the public schools would NEVER buy it. The argument will never get anywhere. As simple as that.

Anyways, back on topic. Farragut vs. Catholic. Hmmm.... Can anyone tell me anything about farragut besides just Van Dyne, Purdy, and Allen?

Farragut has never had that much fan support... for any sport since I can remember.

another one... Farragut has a good "halftime" band. Other than their "show" they don't do anything but stand around and play "anchors aweigh" when we score.. with the occasional "go, fight, win" thrown in. IMO they aren't a good football atmosphere band.. they should just stick to going to competitions.

I Concur. I have seen lots of bands that are not as large do a lot more. The fans of Farragut do not know how lucky they are to have so many State Championships from 1 school. Some Schools have never had a State Championship in anything.

Heck look at Ooltewah. The only team sport they have won a State Championship in is Girls softball. :thumb:

LOL @ ScottA11 using Irish423 to justify the demonstration of a Drama Qeen. Farragut has had plenty of kids roll through that have played on the next level. Go back a few years (5-7) and you can pick out the big fullback, Saunders (?) went to Michigan, Clabo to Wake who is now with the Falcons, Hoague who is also at Wake, Jackson @ Georgia Tech, and Reviez who I believe will start for UT this year. Sterling, who was at Ole Miss. IMO, they have some this year as well. We'll see.[/quote

!!!!]Bill Bates!!

Bill+Bates+card.jpg

OH BOY!!!!!!! IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS GAME!!!! In my opinion, this is going to be the best new rivalry in knox. The two most hated schools playing each other. Number 1 vs. number 1 as some are saying. ScottA11, you did spice this thing up. Thanks. It's too big of a game to have less posts than a topic i saw about a freshman game with 40+ posts!

The recruiting battle. I hate to say, that no matter how many public schools say it, Catholic will never say, believe, admit, or anything-that they recruit. (which they don't) At the same time, even if all 675 Catholic students got on here and said that they do not recruit at Catholic, the public schools would NEVER buy it. The argument will never get anywhere. As simple as that.

Anyways, back on topic. Farragut vs. Catholic. Hmmm.... Can anyone tell me anything about farragut besides just Van Dyne, Purdy, and Allen?

Browning... :thumb:

Since we obviously don't know the history of the "big boys" what does your playoff record look like over the last 5-10 years. I think if you look at the Catholic losses over the past 6 years, you would see the majority of our losses have gone to the eventual state champions. Keep in mind that as you throw out the names of all your big time recruits that our overall school size was less than your class sizes. You would think that a school of around 2,000 kids would produce more than a school of 400. It's a numbers game. And why with all that super talent, why don't you have any hardware to flash?

Let's do go back the last 5-10 years. The story pretty much goes: Catholic undefeated or close to going into the playoffs, can never win the big game, choke, etc. Pretty much the DB of 3A. The only reason yall won last year is because 3A was so unbelievably pathetic that Heritage would've had a winning record in it.

And Farragut does put out more D-1 prospects historically than Catholic. Farragut is better than Catholic historically... in everything. Farragut by 28: 34-6. I'll give Catholic 2 field goals. Don't make excuses after yall get taken behind the shed. :thumb:

While both teams have some top notch skill position players returning from last year, Catholic has the benefit of an off week, compounded by a short week for Farragut. From what I can gather, Catholic is more experienced, bigger and deeper in the trenches. I don't believe Catholic is going to be at a disadvantage "playing up"; obviously, Coach Meadows wasn't worried by such matters back in May. If I'm perceiving things correctly, it's a widely held misperception that Farragut should be considered the favorite. Catholic is eager to make a splash, and it looks like the Irish have the team to do just that.

This should be a good one for years to come.