Smith Co / Livingston Academy

owls32

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect to see a different LA team this week...Granted last Friday was unexpected but a win is a win. Starting the season with a win was important. Too, Stone already had a game under their belt and LA played their first (could've had something to do with how the game played out). Doesn't matter now. LA should give SC a good game...I know one thing, I'll be there. :twisted:

GO BIG BLUE!!

As I stated earlier, the Owls will get "Maynordized" this week during practice to correct the mistakes made against G'ville. Look for a different Owl team also.

I think the "Maynordizing" started yeasterday after watching the film.

What's the word on Taylor Ponder??

Not much talk about this game like the others in the past. Guess everyone knows what lies ahead. If they don't they will soon. Smith Co. always has a fundamentally sound football team. And this year will be no exception. What little I have seen them play, I have been impressed. I'm afraid the home team will be in for a long night. We just need to keep their offense off the field as much as possible, that will be one of the keys to the game. Because their offense can strike at anytime. Hope for a clean and injury free game.

Hound, Have you ever seen anyone eating a cheeseburger, while jumping a duffelbag, try to get to someone so fast in your life? :thumb: I bet RC can't move that fast anymore.

That was scary... If that fence wasn't there I think he would've dumped him in the city pool!!! HAHAHA... Anyway. Good luck to the Cats friday night. LA is due a win over SC and I think this year might be the year.

Not much talk about this game like the others in the past. Guess everyone knows what lies ahead. If they don't they will soon. Smith Co. always has a fundamentally sound football team. And this year will be no exception. What little I have seen them play, I have been impressed. I'm afraid the home team will be in for a long night. We just need to keep their offense off the field as much as possible, that will be one of the keys to the game. Because their offense can strike at anytime. Hope for a clean and injury free game.

You got that right SC's O is good and D aint to bad either went down and watched them in week 0 and they looked good. You come on down to the gate on friday and i'll get us one of them good ol ribeye samiches. Good luck Hog-Eye and SC to (after friday)...... :roflolk:

I figured this thread would blow up this week after the Owls close call last Friday.

Note to Owls: Football Games consist of 48 minutes...not "just" the last two minutes of each half. :D

Close call it was, but the Owls prevailed at the end of each half to get the WIN. I know that isn't the norm around SC football but sometimes the WIN is good enough. And you guys that were there knows that Gordonsville gave a tremendous effort last friday night. Can't take anything away from them or the game plan by their coaches. The better team won but it wasn't easy by no means.

I figured this thread would blow up this week after the Owls close call last Friday.

Note to Owls: Football Games consist of 48 minutes...not "just" the last two minutes of each half. :popcorneater:

Neither team is good enough to talk smack. That may have something to do with it. Having said that, I think LA takes a small step this week and knocks off a rival that has had their number the last decade.

Livingston Academy - 28

Smith County - 21

This is a very different SC team that LA will see Friday Night. SC teams in the past have always been able to run the ball, pretty much, at will. That's not quite the case now. Luckily enough, SC has the ability and weapons to move the chains without the run game. I would imagine anything is a possibility with SC's offense from this point forward. One thing that hasn't changed alot is SC's defense. SC won't give up 4 scores Julio.