West vs Maryville

Rebelfan06

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think Maryville is down just because Alcoa beat them like they did. Alcoa is going to beat alot of teams like that this season.....Alcoa is just that good!

I know West is returning alot of players this year. I think this is going to be a pretty close game, but i think Maryville will pull it out in the end......Maryville 35 West 28

I think it will be key for Maryville to exploit West's secondary with the passing game like Sullivan South did.

Use the pass, to spread the field and get Jones and west running room opened up.

Sorry they closed your thread BC but to reply to your last post....the stadium and field comments were obviously in jest....and you know it but the remainder was not. My analysis was dead on and as I stated earlier....there is a good reason it was. As for your sad dismissal as to a destroyed thread....LMBO at you. I have watched you go after fan bases for a couple of years now....picking on the burgs....now that is sad. It's obvious to us all that you can dish....just not to good at taking it.

Alcoa's season is now over. Congrats on another state championship and a undefeated season. Alcoa is as talented and solid as any team in the state and IMO has to be considered the best Tennessee has to offer in high school football this year. As for Rankin....I have never been impressed with his play calling. What Rankin is great at is discipline and team building. Since his arrival they have continued to build a strong line and Rankin is smart enough to realize that winning the LOC will win the majority of their games. Alcoa benefits greatly from being able to easily take out of zone kids but their core athletes are almost always Alcoa kids....home grown and very athletic. There kids are working hard and their program is attractive to football minded families so the influx will continue.

Now to the Maryville/West game. I personally think this will be a close game. Teams typically improve the most from game one to game two. West has already experienced a dramatic and emotional year. They are well coached and always have talent. It's been stated by me and others in the know that there is a two to three year void of significant athletes and difference makers approaching the MHS system and they are experiencing it now. Also, there has not been any significant move ins that could have upgraded the current roster. Last years advancement to the 4A title game can be somewhat attributed to a weak 4A and an outstanding coaching job IMO. While the team was solid it certainly didn't have the weapons of previous years. This game will be a huge challenge to our coaching staff....particularly the defensive coaches. Unless the defensive line is able to keep the West O-line off the young and inexperienced LB's it will be hard to keep West out of the endzone. Gaylor is an outstanding defensive coach so I suspect there will be a noticeable upgrade to the defense this Friday night and I know West can not match the Alcoa line and backs. The GQ offense will begin to jell this Friday night and this should be an exciting high school game to watch....

My prediction.....Maryville 31....West 20 with Maryville scoring 10 points in the forth to salt it away.