Bearden at William Blount

GovMan

WB will have a hard time scoring IMO....

The last time these two team played WB had a hard time scoring, maybe this game will be a little better for the Govs (I still have a bitter taste in mouth from that game). I asked last week on the Karns thread, but did not really get an answer - Why is Zack not punting for WB, is he hurt?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like Bearden in this one. The Bearden offense makes you take chances. Do you sell out to stop the run? or do you pressure the QB? While this QB is smallish, the offense allows him to get to the edge where he has good field vision.

The Bearden program has posted some impressive numbers over the last few years, 7 wins 3 yrs ago, then 12 wins two yrs ago, and then 8 wins last year in a "rebuilding" year. And now 2-0 with no touchdowns given up.

This is a team to be watched.

I'm curious to see this new William Blount offense and wish the Governors a successful 2009. After the off-season they endured, they especially deserve it.

Thanks Cletus

It's not been boring to say the least. I thought there would be a little more talk about this game. Maybe everyone is under a gag order but us....................... :thumb:

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Where are all yourr homeys at tpoole? Go GOVS!

Hey Rebelsman

I think all my homeys have got the crud.. Alcoa and Blount schools closed.. Talk of H1N1... Big D's been puney.. Tested negative for the flu... Still off his feed some.. He 's only eating half his weight per day...

Was hoping to catch up with our little rapper buddy from Bearden.. I think he went by "MC865".. Shared a little rapp ditty with him and he hasn't been heard from since... Hope you and yours are well...

GO GOVS

We all remember the 30-0 beat down that Bearden gave to WB in the play-offs 2 years ago when WB had their "BEST" team in school history & played in the "toughest" region in the state. I think it will be more of the same this year. Bearden rolls 35-7.

It would be so nice to one day do a thread on here where people really discussed the upcoming game and talked about strengthes and weaknesses and yes, even made predictions without having to resort to acting like a butt-hole.

Probably too much to ask for I suppose.

We all remember the 30-0 beat down that Bearden gave to WB in the play-offs 2 years ago when WB had their "BEST" team in school history & played in the "toughest" region in the state. I think it will be more of the same this year. Bearden rolls 35-7.

It would be so nice to one day do a thread on here where people really discussed the upcoming game and talked about strengthes and weaknesses and yes, even made predictions without having to resort to acting like a butt-hole.

Probably too much to ask for I suppose.

I'm for that Govman.... :roflol: ..... :lol:

Watching Farragut / Catholic............. Hate to wish my life away but I can hardly wait till tomorrow night... I know its great for the teams to play on TV but it would sure make for a short week and a strange friday... The Govs have worked hard this week... A few kids have been sick but they seem to be on the mend... Good luck and good health to the Govs....

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Unlike coach1076, I'll stick to relevant information about this year's game. B)

Bearden looks very strong this season, they can beat you through the air or on the ground with Devrin Young. William Blount improved greatly between the first and the second games, and I look for this trend to carry over to Friday as well.

This is a big game for both teams, especially with the new district set-up. It will be tough to make the playoffs in such a tough region, and falling behind early makes things that much harder.

I'm calling the upset in this one. William Blount's secondary will need to make key plays (Brandon Miller is more than capable of this) and if we do that and hold Young in check, I see a chance for WB to get the win.

WB- 24

Bearden- 22

Congratulations Bearden

0 to 10 at the half :o

24 to 10 Final :o

The defensive adjustment your coach made at the half was good.. Putting eight and sometimes nine in the box and bringing pressure on the motion shut down our running game.. You can't block eight or nine with seven....Our special teams mistakes gave you the ball on a short field the whole second half.............nuff said!!

Our coach refused to adjust to what the defense gave him... The center of the field was wide open he wouldn't attack there.. Beats the heck out of me......... 8-)

Good luck the rest of the way..

tpoole12