ONEIDA VS. WARTBURG

kazam37

Well Flair, do I get my shout out or what? Kaz said you were taking a power nap. Well, of course you were; later you're going to get your manicure and massage! Gotta look your best for the home town crowd, right? So, I hope you boys take it easy on my alma mater tonight. Like we've said all week Oneida will be like horses at the starting line tonight-ready 'to get the party started!' I only hope the dogs show up to play. So anyway talk to you boys later and as Gomer used to say "best of luck to you and yours!"

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.....it was a win. I'm not convince anybody was too happy with the play tonight. Oneida was it's own worst enemy this evening. I was somewhat surprised that the Indians couldn't sustain any emotion on their first home outing. Big crowd, lots of festive atmosphere, and should have been an emotional night for all.....but for some reason we just seem to lay a dud from my vantage point. We are going to have to get heathy enough to finish off a hard playing, but outmanned Wartburg team. Of course, my expectations may have been a little high, but that is the standard (Tradition) that the players live up to with this program. I'm not down on the team, mind you, but our heart tonight was not all there. When you beat a team by three scores I suppose you should feel elated, but honestly Wartburg shouldn't have mounted such a large challenge to me. Our feet must be hurting because of the number of times we shot ourselves in it! :o I suspect the screws will tighten a little this week, because the kids need to cut down significantly on the errors. Hats off to the kids from Wartburg....they never quit. Sorry if my post sounds like a downer....I admire the team I root for each week and want them to do well. Maybe when they rediscover their heart, they will find out how good they can be. Way to win, when you weren't at your best and here we come C. Gap!

:lol: Kazzy :D

I think your right Kaz, no real emotion, just going threw the motion. It is almost as if they were saying let us get this over with as quick as possible, there are more important things I need to be doing. Loads of talent just a lack of heart or desire. Maybe I am just old and I hold the memories of Friday night to close to my heart. Football is fun and should be played that way.

Don't know what bell Cleatless Injun heard toll for the dawgs. The only bell we heard toll in the Reservation was for the Indians. Yep, the Indians won - not quite how we wanted it to look, but we'll take the win. Something was missing though and it did seem to come from the heart. What's up guys? Where's the emotion? Where's the feelings? Where's the jumping up and down, go get em, can't wait attitude? You know, maybe senior players should review a couple of their 8th grade tapes and see what motivated them then. Might be worth a try. You gotta love the game, love to play, want to play, want to win, get in there and have some good old football fun. Now let's really bring it on for CG Friday night. Congratulations on the win - proud of you.

I agree with Injun, I think the emotions of getting up for two big road games (one on TV, one vs. one of the best offenses we will see this year) took their toll last night. The boys were a bit sluggish. But, sometimes you just gotta win ugly and go on! Nice pass by Hood, really nice adjustment by Dylan!

Also good job to the Bulldogs. I thought you all had a scrapy team and played hard the whole game.