Franklin Rebels (3-0) vs Ooltewah Owls (3-0)

huskergymnast33

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to the FHS faithfull or to the OWL fans -

what has happened to LEE and Ford ( FHS running backs ) last year they were a force and had crazy rush ave.

are they (FHS) missing thier QB or is line just not that good

Neither, they both had a few good runs, but running aginst the Owls is not easy this year. Our D learns what you want to do and just takes it away.

Go Owls

JMJ and VOID, why the hate. Brady had a great game when we needed it. FHS was geared up to stop Greene and they did. Brady and the O line stepped up and we needed it. You know I am not a rah rah fan, I will call him out when needed, but last night #17 had a great game.

To the FHS faithful, glad you made it down last night. Ya'll have a very good D, you just have to stop with the stupid mistakes. The roughing the kicker at the end of the game was especially stupid. I know because I heard your fans at the end that you think you had a lot of flags on you, but I saw a lot that were not called. You O line needs to learn that once that get in their stance that need to stop moving. If this is a home and home series, I look forward to coming to your place next year.

Go Owls

It must have killed them to Brady a compliment in the first place. But thats ok he did a GREAT job last night. He finally got a chance to open up the offense and ran away with it. I just hope Benny keeps this up in the next game. We all know Maplewood will know the run so Brady is going to have to step it again. O LINE did a excellent job as well. Blocked really well and gave Brady the time he needed to find his receivers or find the holes to run. Defense great as usual. I think if we keep this up no one will beat us and we go deep into the playoffs.

JMJ and VOID, why the hate. Brady had a great game when we needed it. FHS was geared up to stop Greene and they did. Brady and the O line stepped up and we needed it. You know I am not a rah rah fan, I will call him out when needed, but last night #17 had a great game.

To the FHS faithful, glad you made it down last night. Ya'll have a very good D, you just have to stop with the stupid mistakes. The roughing the kicker at the end of the game was especially stupid. I know because I heard your fans at the end that you think you had a lot of flags on you, but I saw a lot that were not called. You O line needs to learn that once that get in their stance that need to stop moving. If this is a home and home series, I look forward to coming to your place next year.

Go Owls

Well, I really don't know where to start. Very, VERY, VERY, sorry showing from our Rebels. Ooltewah, I complained about scheduling this game along with TWO trips to the great state of Clayton (sorry slip, I mean KY) but this game did do us fans some good. It trully showed that we are not as good as we thought we were and in a big game we will get out coached!!!!

The offense can not go 4 plays in a row without a penalty or a loss of yardage play (coaching!! make them better)

The defense can not make adjustments (coaching!!)

The kicking game was bad two missed FG and penalty on roughing kicker (coaching)

Other than that Ooltewah you have a fine place and a very good team and COACHING!!

Go Owls

Well, I really don't know where to start. Very, VERY, VERY, sorry showing from our Rebels. Ooltewah, I complained about scheduling this game along with TWO trips to the great state of Clayton (sorry slip, I mean KY) but this game did do us fans some good. It trully showed that we are not as good as we thought we were and in a big game we will get out coached!!!!

The offense can not go 4 plays in a row without a penalty or a loss of yardage play (coaching!! make them better)

The defense can not make adjustments (coaching!!)

The kicking game was bad two missed FG and penalty on roughing kicker (coaching)

Other than that Ooltewah you have a fine place and a very good team and COACHING!!

I was real suprised about the kicking. I watched him warm up and he was booming them from the 45 time and time again.

It is very interesting "longhornshookem" that you mention that Ooltewah was a solid team (besides the fact that anybody can understand that being the #3 team in the state of Tennessee means that they are probably pretty competitive in every sense of the word). But in labeling the Owls as stout competition you have contradicted an earlier statement, and therefore unvalidated either your previous argument or your most recent atrocity & abomination of football knowledge (it must be hard to type with your foot in your mouth).

ARGUMENT #1 of LONGHORNSHOOKEM--- When the mumblings & rumbling of complaints began a few weeks ago assaulting your beloved "passing game" you countered the argument with the thesis that Franklin's offense was trying to give a young QB chances in real-Friday-night-lights-circumstances (I guess perimeter offense vs defense does not properly assess ability) against weaker teams because the opporotunity to make mistakes and learn would not be available against tougher teams (like Ooltewah...), and due to this un-availability Franklin would have to revert towards a more consistent running-game (which you argued did not need the game-time practice apparently, not to mention that you somehow believe that run-blocks and pass-blocks are comparatively the same thing).

ARGUMENT #2 of LONGHORNSHOOKEM --- Now with the afore mentioned argument and description of Franklin's love-affair with the passing game during the first 3 games (besides the fact that when you throw the ball 1 of 3 things must happen... and 2 of those outcomes are not desirable (not exactly promising odds if you ask me). I was under the impression that Ooltewah was a "tougher" opponent. And due to this assuption, "longhornshookem" had led me to believe Franklin would place the load on the running game (because a game against Ooltewah would not be a good learning environment). But now "longhornshookem" makes the statement "they got hurt in the passing game", well how could Franklin "get hurt" if they had decided to not throw a young QB (and un-equipped passing game) into the heat of battle against a strong opponent. That is what "longhornshookem" told us (was it not?). So how could could Franklin get "hurt" if they decided to adapt to a more conservative game plan (the type of game plan you would employ with a sophmore-first-year-QB) The answer to this inquiry is exceedingly simple, "they did not shift into a more conservative game plan, they decided to stick with the same type of game plan that they employed against teams like Centennial & BGA"

Now let me introduce you to a simple argument, only one of the above can be valid, because if one is valid the other is proven false. So "longhornshookem" you tell me... which one would like to stand behind? Was Ooltewah another "cream-puff" and therefore another practice game for an experimental passing game? Or did you just lie to everybody on CoachT in telling them that Franklin was going to change their play-calling? The ball is in your hands, you tell me which one you believe is correct and which one you believe is false.

This information is based on the stats from the Tennessean. The rebels ran for 101 yards in 27 carries averaging 3.7 yards per carry. The owls ran for 95 yards in 33 carries with an average gain of 2.8 yards. We had 8 first downs compared to 15 for Ootelwah. 11 penalties hurt!!! We gave up 79 yards. The owls gave up 39 yards to 3 penalties. As for passing, we completed 5 of 19 passes with an average of 26%. The owls completed 14 of 19 passes for an average of 73%. Interesting...

It is very interesting "longhornshookem" that you mention that Ooltewah was a solid team (besides the fact that anybody can understand that being the #3 team in the state of Tennessee means that they are probably pretty competitive in every sense of the word). But in labeling the Owls as stout competition you have contradicted an earlier statement, and therefore unvalidated either your previous argument or your most recent atrocity & abomination of football knowledge (it must be hard to type with your foot in your mouth).

ARGUMENT #1 of LONGHORNSHOOKEM--- When the mumblings & rumbling of complaints began a few weeks ago assaulting your beloved "passing game" you countered the argument with the thesis that Franklin's offense was trying to give a young QB chances in real-Friday-night-lights-circumstances (I guess perimeter offense vs defense does not properly assess ability) against weaker teams because the opporotunity to make mistakes and learn would not be available against tougher teams (like Ooltewah...), and due to this un-availability Franklin would have to revert towards a more consistent running-game (which you argued did not need the game-time practice apparently, not to mention that you somehow believe that run-blocks and pass-blocks are comparatively the same thing).

ARGUMENT #2 of LONGHORNSHOOKEM --- Now with the afore mentioned argument and description of Franklin's love-affair with the passing game during the first 3 games (besides the fact that when you throw the ball 1 of 3 things must happen... and 2 of those outcomes are not desirable (not exactly promising odds if you ask me). I was under the impression that Ooltewah was a "tougher" opponent. And due to this assuption, "longhornshookem" had led me to believe Franklin would place the load on the running game (because a game against Ooltewah would not be a good learning environment). But now "longhornshookem" makes the statement "they got hurt in the passing game", well how could Franklin "get hurt" if they had decided to not throw a young QB (and un-equipped passing game) into the heat of battle against a strong opponent. That is what "longhornshookem" told us (was it not?). So how could could Franklin get "hurt" if they decided to adapt to a more conservative game plan (the type of game plan you would employ with a sophmore-first-year-QB) The answer to this inquiry is exceedingly simple, "they did not shift into a more conservative game plan, they decided to stick with the same type of game plan that they employed against teams like Centennial & BGA"

Now let me introduce you to a simple argument, only one of the above can be valid, because if one is valid the other is proven false. So "longhornshookem" you tell me... which one would like to stand behind? Was Ooltewah another "cream-puff" and therefore another practice game for an experimental passing game? Or did you just lie to everybody on CoachT in telling them that Franklin was going to change their play-calling? The ball is in your hands, you tell me which one you believe is correct and which one you believe is false.

Wilcobest... oh sorry GRASSHOPPER. please and I MEAN PLEEEAAASSEE!!!!! show me by posting my previous statement were I "contradict" myself. Which you dont even state what was contradicted in your first paragraph. Please post it again. I dont know where it is.

ARGUMENT #1 HAHAHAHA all I can do is laugh. You can never quite get your arguments straight, and also, cant back your own attacks on me so you have to MAKE UP new ones out of thin air. Again, I was justifying the increase in passing attempts because they needed to get more reps to a less experienced player in live action against the weaker teams on their schedule. Since the phase of the game they are worst at IS the passing game. NOW... I NEVER and I mean NEVER SAID that a run-block is the same as a pass-block. (If I did prove me show me with my direct post and I will correct myself and announce you were right, but I doubt you will) YOU MADE THAT ONE UP. I said it is a rep and requires the same amount of work as any other ... which is very normal. Never did I say a run-block is a pass-block. Someone needs to go reread my post.

ARGUMENT #2 ROFL HAHAHAHAHA this one is even better. "They got hurt in the passing game" which I did say. MEANT, now look at this Grasshopper, the DEFENSE got hurt in the passing game. You were so eager to strike back you ASSUMED that I was talking about OUR passing game. WOW! WOW! You know what happens when you ASSUME dont you? It makes you look like an A... which you should be use to by now.

Grasshopper I cant tell you which one is false and which one is true because you DONT MAKE ANY SINCE.

Ooltewah was a tough team and Franklin did not play well. They lost. Please, think before you type.