Franklin Rebels (3-0) vs Ooltewah Owls (3-0)

huskergymnast33

I think Ooltewah is ready......DEFENSE is always ready(can't say enough about them)The offense is getting better and better all around,the O-line is showing very good progress,as far as the passing part of our offense.,.everybody saw a pattern last year and over-lapping into this year..RUN,RUN,RUN!!!!, I say so,what? Despite what some people think(and,I quote)"MONROE knows what he's doing"as said earlier by "red4life",so,forget a big passing attack won't happen(not yet anyway,if ever).DEFENSE wins championships,its been said a million times,but its true.Put all your best athletes on defense,play for field position with a good kicking game.get 3-4 yds a carry,run the clock etc...Win by 3 or Win by 14 doesn't matter. Everybody needs to look at this team for what it is,be glad we have the coaches we have and the fan support we have and be loud as heck this friday!!! GO OWLS..!!!!!!

Well Spoken!!! Keep it coming BipBop!!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess I'm looking forward to the trip to Ooltewah. I still wish we were playing someone closer, but you have all heard my complaints on that. I really worry for our Rebels here. Will be a tough game in a tough environment. I still say we come out on top as the team looked alot better this week than the previous ones. Franklin 21 Ooltewah 20. Should be a great game.

So what? This is football! The road trips/tailgating are almost as good as having a home game. I wish like hades that this game wasnt on a friday so I could make the trip down there, but best wishes to the Rebels, I hope they one-up Oakland on the margin on victory from last year :popcorneater:

Maybe for you Oakland folks it is football and travelling, but it's hard to tailgate when we will get off work and travel and just get there in time for kickoff. Sorry, but we are going into the eastern time zone so it will be tough to tailgate. Also, some of our tailgating parents are not going because their son is not getting to go to the game.

Anyways back to the game. Tough one to call, but I got to go with the Rebels in a close one 24-21.

I'd dare say there will be some Franklin faithfuls out there Friday afternoon. We can always bring a crowd.

The Rebels are a force to be reckoned with, with Sean Dye and Alex Ford in the backfield and team would. But the downfall of their offense is sophmore quarterback Matt Kuivinen. He has had a good start to this season, but his all-distric bound weapons have bailed him out. And as for the defense, ruthless. They can stop the run and pass, but at point play the wrong one. I dont know much about Ooltewah but if they have a strong linebacking corps, and can make tackles in the open field they should be able to defeat the Rebels. My prediction is a 28-17 win for the owls.

The Rebels are a force to be reckoned with, with Sean Dye and Alex Ford in the backfield and team would. But the downfall of their offense is sophmore quarterback Matt Kuivinen. He has had a good start to this season, but his all-distric bound weapons have bailed him out. And as for the defense, ruthless. They can stop the run and pass, but at point play the wrong one. I dont know much about Ooltewah but if they have a strong linebacking corps, and can make tackles in the open field they should be able to defeat the Rebels. My prediction is a 28-17 win for the owls.

And don't forget Keylo Lee! I do not think Kuivinen is the downfall. I think they have gotten better each week and will continue to get better. GO REBELS.

And don't forget Keylo Lee! I do not think Kuivinen is the downfall. I think they have gotten better each week and will continue to get better. GO REBELS.

Agreed... they need to get the passing game going to lighten up the pressure on the run game. I am hoping this is the week. Defense will be tested this week as well because they DO have a good running game.

GO REBELS!!!!!!

I'd dare say there will be some Franklin faithfuls out there Friday afternoon. We can always bring a crowd.

There will be some faithfuls, but that is about it, ONLY THE FAITHFULS!! Should be a great game, but the atmosphere will be as bad as it was up in KY (i guess I'm not suppose to say bad things about that game in KY :lol: ) Someone might get upset. Well we get to go back up there in two weeks :lol:

I know of several parents that are not going to game. Many are upset that their boy does not get to go.

[quote="longhornshookem

Agreed... they need to get the passing game going to lighten up the pressure on the run game. I am hoping this is the week. Defense will be tested this week as well because they DO have a good running game.

GO REBELS!!!!!!

I have to agree with Longhorns. The Rebels do need to get their passing game going to lighten up that pressure. Kuivenen will continue to get better with the coaching that he is getting. I too am worried about the defense, especially if they have a good running game as Longhorn says they do. I've seen too many games where our defense justs plain gets run over (Oakland :lol: )

Go get em' Rebels. I'll be there as long as traffic doesn't stop me from getting there :lol:

[quote name="longhornshookem

GO REBELS!!!!!!

I have to agree with Longhorns. The Rebels do need to get their passing game going to lighten up that pressure. Kuivenen will continue to get better with the coaching that he is getting. I too am worried about the defense' date=' especially if they have a good running game as Longhorn says they do. I've seen too many games where our defense justs plain gets run over (Oakland :lol: )

Go get em' Rebels. I'll be there as long as traffic doesn't stop me from getting there :lol:[/quote]

Have a safe trip and we will have a burger or dog waiting on you. I hope the late afternoon storms we have been having this week pass us by tonight. Looking forward to another barn burner game and pray for no injuries to either side.

Go Owls