GoldStandard

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1:42 to go in the game....

Union City-35

Huntingdon-44

On 4th and 2 for Huntingdon with about 4:15 left in the game the Mustangs went for the first down...Holder was dropped for a 4 yard loss but Union City was flagged for a facemask penalty...Huntingdon accepted the penalty but that only made the down and distance at 4th and 1....Huntingdon was about to snap the ball but the Union City coaching staff called for the officials to the sidelines for a conference...After about a 5 minute pow-wow, the officials gave the ball to the Tornadoes...Then the Huntingdon staff called the officials to their sidelines and after another few minutes the refs gave the ball back to Huntingdon....Huntingdon then attempted another 4th down in which Holder got the yards for the first down.....Huntingdon then went down to score the TD....

Yeah that conference was the worst Ive seen. Im not sure if they got it right or wrong. It was a momentum changer. The truth is UC won the first half And the stangs won the secong. You dont blow a 21 pt lead to those guys. Im not gonna dwell on the officiating which for the most part was good. Its just the back and forth and the uncertainty of thier decsions. maybe they got it right . If they did good. If they didnt....... we were loosing and have no certainty that we cuold have done any thing to change. It is what it is. Too bad a great game like this was spoiled by the officials changing from one direction to another. and then changing back again. Im not saying it would have changed the outcome. Huntingdon did what it took to win. They desrve the win. Kenan Holder is the best HS Football player Ive ever seen . Good luck. Oh you Huntingdon peolple win with claSS. gOOD lUCK sEE YA IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Great game. UC has some classy fans and players. I thought the field was one of the best I've seen in many years.

The facemask play should have been marked off from the original line of scrimmage or not. I thought UC was back in the game and had momentum on the long 3rd down pass that was broken up by 2 Mustangs only to fall in the UC receivers hands. Well officiated game except the facemask fiasco.

I think the difference in the game was Huntingdon switched defenses. Both teams played hard and I'm sure we'll see each other again. The kicker from UC is the best I've seen in a while. Man what a leg. Kinda reminds me of the kicker from Trousdale County last year.