Sevier County vs Dobyns-Bennett

BatmanDB

We have a kicker that went through this system and he can't kick a extra point. (Can anyone explain why Clark sent this poor kid in to attempt a field goal, knowing he couldn't even kick a extra point) And Im not blaiming the kid here.

System What system? You are 100% Correct. How many 2nd graders have you seen Kick an extra point? Much Less in Middle School. Heck, Most of them don't develop till their 7th or 8th Grade Years all the while in reality they will still struggle to kick an extra point even then.

Most High School Kickers are glorified SOCCER Players that either want to do it or not. For Most it's the latter because Soccer is a year round Sport and would take away from their First Love. The others have chosen to give up their first love and pursue a full time Kicking Career doing the things they need to do to get better. re:Camps etc..... FWIW I bet you & I can count on one hand how many Kids this side of Reedy Creek have gone on to Kick at another level? Not Many

As far as the quote above: Blanket Removed,,, What makes you think he can't Kick an extra point or field goal, other than what you have seen on game day or warm ups? If GC didn't have the confidence "The Poor Kid" would not have gotten the opportunity to do so Period. Remember their are 3 pieces to the puzzle.

To those that wear their colors on Friday Night remember that those of us(most of us) on the "T" are here because we are High School Football Fans!!! We respect you as players & individuals and expect nothing but 100% percent from you ,not only on Friday ,but in Practice and School.

Make us proud to say we are High School Football Fans not Just on Friday but Everyday!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waco,I like your bird analogy,it's much like a bunch of buzzards craping on teenage football players :blush: .We can talk about the roses later on in the year. -_-

I know you're a good guy Batman, and it is perfectly reasonable for you to choose not to criticize players or coaches on a message forum. But I part ways with you if your position is that anyone who does so is a "jerk" or has done something clearly inappropriate, and I especially part ways with you about any effect criticism may have or should have on the players. We have more than a few "teenagers" fighting and dying in Iraq and Afghanistan right now. Our players may be a few years younger on average, but if they can't take criticism of how they play a game, how are they going to make it out in the real world in a few years? Tell the boss that he has no right to criticize their work and that he should just pat them on the back and say he knows they'll do better next time? As I said before, no one is making them get on here and read whatever may be said about them, and if what is being said (the vast majority of which is fairly reasonable and constructive and not personal or insulting IMO) is too much for their delicate sensibilities to handle, then we're in big trouble not only as a team but as a society. JMO.

I'll put it simple before I'm at work and my buds from the country "help" me out while I'm logged in and working.I could pick out a hundred plays during a game that help get a team beat.Every play could result in a touchdown on offense or a turnover on defense if everyone does their job.To say a hand full of plays beat you,is just not a fact.The only way this team will get better is by getting back to work in the film room today and hard work next week.Anything on coachT will not hurt the kids,but it doesn't do a bit of good saying they are something less than those that came before them.A lot of these guys made a lot of plays on last years undefeated #1 team in the state regular season and they have won as many state championships in the playoffs as any before them.Thanks for the input SCBEAR,you guys had us all the way :blush:

I could pick out a hundred plays during a game that help get a team beat.Every play could result in a touchdown on offense or a turnover on defense if everyone does their job.To say a hand full of plays beat you,is just not a fact.

Now that is one interesting theory. Because every play theoretically could result in a TD or turnover in our favor if our players did something other than what they actually did, no single play or even combination of plays makes any more difference than any other play. The fumbles and the pick 6 had no more impact on the game under your approach than a play where CS gained 3 yards up the middle because in theory he and his blockers could have sprung it for a TD had they done something differently. Perhaps we can call this the "lowest common denominator approach," because what it means is that because no one is perfect (and perfect here is not defined by the player's ability but rather by the play's outcome), everyone is equal. I assume you're also ok with playing players at random, or perhaps by alphabetical order, at whatever position they choose, right? And they all should get the exact same playing time since they're all equally effective (or ineffective). This is really going to simplify things for the coaches!

Hey do you think this approach could work as an economic theory as well? Or has it already been tried somewhere?

:roflol::thumb:

I could pick out a hundred plays during a game that help get a team beat.Every play could result in a touchdown on offense or a turnover on defense if everyone does their job.To say a hand full of plays beat you,is just not a fact.

Now that is one interesting theory. Because every play theoretically could result in a TD or turnover in our favor if our players did something other than what they actually did, no single play or even combination of plays makes any more difference than any other play. The fumbles and the pick 6 had no more impact on the game under your approach than a play where CS gained 3 yards up the middle because in theory he and his blockers could have sprung it for a TD had they done something differently. Perhaps we can call this the "lowest common denominator approach," because what it means is that because no one is perfect (and perfect here is not defined by the player's ability but rather by the play's outcome), everyone is equal. I assume you're also ok with playing players at random, or perhaps by alphabetical order, at whatever position they choose, right? And they all should get the exact same playing time since they're all equally effective (or ineffective). This is really going to simplify things for the coaches!

Hey do you think this approach could work as an economic theory as well? Or has it already been tried somewhere?

:roflol::thumb:

Sorry Batman but I think this one hit the heart. I know you try to be Braveheart but William Wallace was an Iconic inspiration. He inspired the dead and their souls raged war on the astral plains while Wallace rallied his mortal warriors to "Death before Dishonor". That seems to me to be the Indians problem. Motivation.

Those are some very pretty words tribal.That fact is,there were a lot more plays that could have been made by all of the players on the team.This is a team sport and "yes"every breakdown has an effect on the outcome of the game.Calling out every missed tackle and every drop by a reciever,or every mistake isn't going to help anything.Saying someone fumbled a ball and that single play or a hand full resulted in a loss is wrong.Now,that has nothing to do with all those pretty words or if we had a national deficit because you put this into a economic theory,called the US government :roflol:

Those are some very pretty words tribal.That fact is,there were a lot more plays that could have been made by all of the players on the team.This is a team sport and "yes"every breakdown has an effect on the outcome of the game.Calling out every missed tackle and every drop by a reciever,or every mistake isn't going to help anything.Saying someone fumbled a ball and that single play or a hand full resulted in a loss is wrong.Now,that has nothing to do with all those pretty words or if we had a national deficit because you put this into a economic theory,called the US government :roflol:

Batman, a single play or tackle can determine the game. Are you serious. Here is a theory (far fetched) a game no turnovers by either team. A pretty even played ballgame and #00 catches a pass to the 20 with 4 seconds left and the only thing standing in his way is #105. #105 misses the tackle and #00 hits the endzone, game over. That play determined the ballgame. If the tackle was made, (with no flags) the outcome would have been different. Thats a fact. Certain plays/mistakes could definitly cost you a ballgame and with you an Alumni GD player , I'm real suprised. It is a team sport and you take a win or lose as a team but, Friday night the 3 fumbles and interception in the second half lost the game for us plus the fact the QB did not complete a pass. This is not trashing the guys, this is parts and facts of what happened in the game.

We have a kicker that went through this system and he can't kick a extra point. (Can anyone explain why Clark sent this poor kid in to attempt a field goal, knowing he couldn't even kick a extra point) And Im not blaiming the kid here.

System What system? You are 100% Correct. How many 2nd graders have you seen Kick an extra point? Much Less in Middle School. Heck, Most of them don't develop till their 7th or 8th Grade Years all the while in reality they will still struggle to kick an extra point even then.

Most High School Kickers are glorified SOCCER Players that either want to do it or not. For Most it's the latter because Soccer is a year round Sport and would take away from their First Love. The others have chosen to give up their first love and pursue a full time Kicking Career doing the things they need to do to get better. re:Camps etc..... FWIW I bet you & I can count on one hand how many Kids this side of Reedy Creek have gone on to Kick at another level? Not Many

As far as the quote above: Blanket Removed,,, What makes you think he can't Kick an extra point or field goal, other than what you have seen on game day or warm ups? If GC didn't have the confidence "The Poor Kid" would not have gotten the opportunity to do so Period. Remember their are 3 pieces to the puzzle.

To those that wear their colors on Friday Night remember that those of us(most of us) on the "T" are here because we are High School Football Fans!!! We respect you as players & individuals and expect nothing but 100% percent from you ,not only on Friday ,but in Practice and School.

Make us proud to say we are High School Football Fans not Just on Friday but Everyday!!

Homie, my question is how do you as a coaching staff allow this to happen in the first place. How many high school teams in the state of Tennessee or the whole country for that matter don't have a guy that can kick a extra point. You think maybe this is important? At DB the kicker is worth at least 4 points a game on average just by PAT's alone. Would the coaching staff ever start out a season and all of the sudden say "oh gosh we don't have a quarterback that can throw the ball". You must develop a kicker and have him ready to go. Anybody know how long its been since DB was in this kind of shape with the kicking game? Something is wrong here. You can't just show up in August and expect to compete in this day. That went out in the early 70's.

Let me say it another way.Yes,one or two plays can make a big difference.However,there are a bunch of those during the game that don't get the press.I seen a couple of our players get twenty plus tackles together in one game.Both missed tackles in that game that could have prevented a score from happening.Did they cost the team a win ? The answer is just as much as anyone who didn't make a block or had a fumble or anything,"YES"! It's a whole game that you can't just pick and choose,that's what I'm saying.

what has happened to all the fast running backs and receivers that you guys were talking about 3 weeks ago???? are they not available to play??? i was trying to find out about the one real fast back you havebut i havent heard anything about him?? wasnt he the fastest on the team?