Smith Co./ Westmoreland

owls32

By the way, I haven't seen any posts from Glover either. You don't think He and Posty have started a Karate School for the Vertically Challenged do you? :lol:

You may be on to something Oleskool........... :D

Sorry boys!! But life calls and don't have the time I use too!!!

But still pop in from time to time!!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Termite,

I caught wind that one, or both, of the freshmen I asked about before the season started may be in the starting lineup this week. Now I wouldn't go so far as to say I heard it from a reliable source, but just thought I'd ask. I have heard that Maynord is real high on one of them. Just wondering if he/they have beaten out some competition, or if injuries may have a few banged up? If there's any truth to the rumor, I'd like to wish 'em good luck.

I haven't heard anything about Bush coming back. It's possible, IF the Dr. releases him. I think they are worried about the arm getting twisted the wrong way or something. I don't know what kind of shape he has kept himself in either. If the Drs. release him, he may be ready to go.

I think there are 1 maybe 2 O-linemen that have struggle a little. I'ld rather not say who or where. And with the lack of RB's, the running game has struggled with them. There is talk of making some changes and moving some around to get improvements in the running game The twins may get their shot. I don't know if this can or will work. 1 freshman on the O-line could be trouble. 2 on the O-line,( now this is just me) your ASKING for trouble. A very good Freshman against an average Sr., I think the Sr wins 9 out of 10 times by both strength and experience. The twins are good and will continue to improve. I think 1 (I don't know which) is a little ahead of the other. Theres another Fr. to watch too..#65.

Again, I don't know if there is any truth to it, and who I heard it from probably doesn't know the difference in offense and defense, so I didn't even bother to ask. Figured you were in the know a little better. I'll agree that it could mean trouble, but if a Freshman is out playing the starter in practice, what are you to do? Maybe the moves will motivate the starters to get it in gear. Obviously your not putting up the points that you expected. Are they just not able to protect Johnston? I know the running game, or lack there of, may have something to do with it. The one I heard about being high on Maynord's list... it was his play on the defensive side of the ball, but then again, refer back to sentence one. :lol:

7...I don't think the Freshmen are outplaying any of the starters in practice, but I'm not there everyday, so they may be. I think there is a little disgust with not being able to run the ball the way Maynord wants to, and he is looking for "something". Protecting Johnston?? The line is pass blocking OK,could be better, but OK. It's the run blocking that they are working on. Moving kids around, motivation, new faces, or something to get get a better ground game going. Me, personally, I think it's a little of both... RBs and some line play. With Silva hurt.....there is no TRUE RB, and it shows. But the linemen will take the heat. If the hole was big enough, anybody could be a RB. :lol:

About 1 of the twins on defense....not this year. SC's defense is playing very good. The C Twins will make a huge statement next year I believe. And even then I think it will be on offense. If you know anything about Coach Maynord, you ought to he likes the slimmer, longer, faster, DTs.

l wish SC would schedule ALCOA for a home game, then the field would get lit up like it should be, that would be scoreboard lites

You should know...they've lit up your team enough times. Dude...just when were you at SC for a game?

Hey Antwan....mbs....from c-town. Where is C-town??

Cougartown...he's a Goodpasture fan. He hasn't been to SC since 2000. It's not the same place...he

just doesn't know that. :angry: It sure does make him look uninformed. :P

Could see a new look at FB, TE and Tackle.

More than that.

New LT,although played there some. New RG has started at LT and played LG. New RG was starting LG. New TE was starting RG. #69 at LT better be ready. He's got Brandon's blind side.

#3 at Fullback...well...that could be interesting. Doesn't hurt to try. Gives 100% every play.

Also some possible changes in the DL. About the same only a starting DT may now be a starting DE.