Grundy Co AT Oliver Springs 9-11-09

Cookevegas3

Don't know much about Grundy, but this figures to be the Bobcats toughest team so far. They will be the biggest school they play, so they probably will have decent size in the trenches. The question will be what kind of skill players do they have. The first home game for OS probably won't be a cake walk like the first two, but I do feel they will walk away with a good win as long as they don't look ahead to week 4's rival game!!

Grundy Co. - 20

Oliver Springs - 35

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the game at Oakdale. A lack of defense and a lack of execution on offense will come back to hurt the bobcats. I saw them at the jamboree also and it looked like a different team. Seems like they have lost their intensity. They looked hungry at the jamboree, but they seemed to come out flat against Oakdale. I predict Grundy by 20.

I know the Cats made some mistakes last week that would have cost them the game against a good team. But you've got to realize this is still a young team as far as experience goes. I know we have several seniors playing this year, but probably half of them haven't played in a few years,they're doing great and getting better every game, but as far as game experience goes overall as a team OS is young. But I don't think they're a 20 point underdog tho. And I know that Grundy has played a much tougher schedule than we have. I still believe if OS comes out ready to play they can come away with a win. And at the sametime if for some reason they come out flat they will suffer their first loss, because while I think they will get better with every game, they're still not good enough to just "show up" and expect to win. My prediction is a close game with OS comming out on top 28 to 17. And to the Grundy Co. fans comming to the game, I hope you have a good and safe trip to the game.

From what I've seen out of grundy this year is that they have some speed. If their guys break loose into the open all I can say is good luck catching them. There was a time or two were I think #3 or #11 broke loose against SP and our boys did not catch him until he was almost all the way accross the field knocking on the door. Now Grundy really needs to focus on that speed and start by staying on their man in the trenches and then pealing off to lay some blocking down field. Not only that they need to tighten up their D. If they can do that they will win some games this year. Now as far as OS goes I dont know nothing about this bunch. But just like everybody they are all beatable. Good luck GC.

I think OS has done fine so far but they have alot to work on. There is also a diffrence in be confident and over confident. I was talking to one of the my buddys and he told me that some of the OS players were wanting to play Clinton so they could so everbody how good they are.... Thats way to over confident for OS..yes there doing better than last year and things are looking up but they dont need to go into every game exspecting to whip everbody. Im a OS fan but boys i wouldnt want to play Clinton this year....Yeah we got good players but no where near what they have. All i want to say is OS always go into a game thinking you already down 3 TDS. Good luck against Grundy

I look for the bobcats to handle Grundy tonight. They are big and physical this year and the kids up there have finally bought in to what coach Bracket is teaching them. I think OS wins by at least 2 TDs tonight. I think its their first home game of the season so i'm sure they are gonna want to show out in front of their home crowd. Good luck to both teams tonight, but i think OS wins easily.

I'm gonna say that my boys from the mountain are gonna show them bobcats how we play up in Grundy County. I'll guess that oliver springs is like all of the other north east tennessee football teams, meaning that they have no speed. Grundy on the other hand does have speed and a lot of size. Be sure to check out my boy Dillon Graham #74, he's 6'3" and weighs 290 pounds. He's being recruited heavily by MTSU and UTC. Look for him to lay some blocks on offense and knock some heads on defense. Overall I say Grundy's speed will be the difference maker.

GC- 21

OS- 7

good luck yeller jackets

I'm gonna say that my boys from the mountain are gonna show them bobcats how we play up in Grundy County. I'll guess that oliver springs is like all of the other north east tennessee football teams, meaning that they have no speed. Grundy on the other hand does have speed and a lot of size. Be sure to check out my boy Dillon Graham #74, he's 6'3" and weighs 290 pounds. He's being recruited heavily by MTSU and UTC. Look for him to lay some blocks on offense and knock some heads on defense. Overall I say Grundy's speed will be the difference maker.

GC- 21

OS- 7

good luck yeller jackets

"up in Grundy County? :hungry: Last time I looked, Grundy was "Down" towards Chattanooga!

Also, I don't think anyone thinks of OZ being in north east tenn, and they do have some team speed,

Oz also has Tyler Harper who is 6'8" at 330.

Go Bobcats!

GC- 21

OS- 7

good luck yeller jackets

"up in Grundy County? :hungry: Last time I looked, Grundy was "Down" towards Chattanooga!

Also, I don't think anyone thinks of OZ being in north east tenn, and they do have some team speed,

Oz also has Tyler Harper who is 6'8" at 330.

Go Bobcats!

I knew it wouldn't be long before catback came to the rescue for his bobkittys........So, what is the real story??? Is this gonna be a tight game or not catback??? What do you know about Grundy???