ONEIDA VS. CUMBERLAND GAP

kazam37

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the boys come out a bit more fired up. There were flashes last week...I thought Hood killed that fullback trying to sweep around him. Hey, It's a long season and this is a new week and a new opponet...56 points last week...or was it 57?

I sure hope to see Stephens play. That kid is an athlete. Huge on the D-line. I think most everybody else is outa the infirmary. I think with everyone patched up and 4 gallons of gatorade in Sam...the Indians should be pretty competitive.

Cleat, I agree with our ability to maintain a consistant effort. Sometimes the boys are good and two plays later you have a head scratcher. I don't think that is a reflection of the coaching staff, but more about players growing into "new" roles. We have a rebuilt team up front and they have to keep the offensive lines off the LB's so they can make plays right behind them. I saw too many Bulldog OL's getting to our LB's last week, which hampers their ability to make plays in pursuit of the ball. Of course, they will get better at it as the season goes on, but DL's have to be more physical at the point of attack IMO.

Our offense is, as you say, hit and miss right now. Seems like they have correctable breakdowns. The holding penalties have been causing us to lose drives because it puts us in unmanagable situations with down and distance. I wouldn't expect us to score every drive, but we can't stop ourselves so much. We do have the elements of an explosive offensive football team! Getting Sam, Braxton, and Holden in space where they can use their athletic ability seems to be the reason we are running plays laterally, and with a little better blocking, they can make you look real good. (W. Woodard and D. West, too) Hood is showing improvement and his running is very good from the QB position.

I think it boils down to two thinks.....execution and enthusiasm. (the two E's) Execution will improve with this coaching staff, but the enthusiasm must come from the players. Look for those things to take an upward spike over the next several weeks! Ric Flair knows a little about that.....Whoooooo! Brings it every time he steps in the squared circle! :roflolk:

:thumb: Kaazanitity :thumb:

Hey seven, how are things in Big City? We just can't seem to click this year, loads of talent, a whole lot of injuries, some off season drama, and a boat load of excuses. I am hoping to get on run her soon. Pat your boys on the back and tell them we are rooting for them

Things in the big city are about the same as always. People just sitting around, waiting on Friday nights. No need to pat my boys on the back. They've seem to be doing enough of that for themselves. We too have been plaqued by injuries. Just can't seem to get to full strength. We had 11 miss practice yesterday with flu like symptoms (5-6 starters). Offensively we may be a touch better than we were last year, but on the defensive side, that's another story. Of course it doesn't help us that our Mr. Football finalist (injured) hasn't really hit a lick at a snake this year. Secondary is giving up way to many plays, and we only lost one from that group last year. A decent player, but in no way that big of a difference maker. If we can get to 100%, we should be alright. Anyways, best of luck tomorrow night. I have no problem pulling for the orange and white, both fridays and saturdays! I fully expect you all to run the table the rest of the regular season.

cghs72, some of the best HS football games I have ever attented was againist the GAP.It was our favorite game of the year in that conference, we were just learning how to get there without directions,then the tssaa when crazy :popcorneater: At the KY/TN allstar game GP and CG exchanged game Jersey"s alot of respect for Your team, But as you will see Oneida will Probley run the table from here out, to late in the Playoffs, how about 21-14.If you can beat this team I will be the first to come back on and congradulate (The Gap)

If Oneida doesn't wear their big girl panties on defense.....they'll get blown off the field. The Gap can and will run it down their throats, they ran for over 300 yds. against South Greene... most of it between the tackles. If Oneida can't throw the ball, it'll be a long night for them.