District 15-A

SHlion99

Yea it's hard beating a good team 4 times in one season even though it did happen to Scotts Hill 3 years ago when TCA beat us 4 times but I dont think that will happen this year. Maybe we can hold our win until the regional championship and get to host sub-state!! If Scotts Hill host a sub-state game it will be very hard to beat them there. Is there any teams that can challenge Scotts Hill and Middleton in Regionals??

As long as Patterson is coaching Madison Academic, they will always be a threat come tournament time. Patterson has always been able to find ways to win games, even those that he had no business winning, and he has done it at times with not a whole lot of talent or depth. This year's team is not as strong or experienced as last years, but overlooking them both in the District 15A and Region 7A Tournament could be very costly for Scotts Hill or Middleton.

i think it would be costly as well to overlook madison, but they dont have morgan faulkner this year and are having a very hard time scoring over the top of defenses. they are 2 yrs away from being back where they have been in the past, on top of the district.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaargh. These snow days are killing me.

I follow Scotts Hill (& Riverside some)... Scotts Hill has had THREE district games snowed out: Middleton @ SH (resch. Sat. 2/13), @ Adamsville (resch. Mon. 2/15), and now S.Gibson @ SH (resch. ?).

I'm going crazy, and I know the girls are as well.

How many other teams in 15A have had multiple rescheduled games?

A few district notes/ observations:

* Middleton - idle last night- still cruising along undefeated in district AND overall. They beat their closest district rival Scotts Hill (17-2, 6-1 now) by 30+ at Middleton.

* TCA seems to have suffered some key injuries to their bigs, and are in a bit of a slump.

* South Gibson won their 1st district game last night by 3pts, at home vs. Riverside.

* I watched Madison @ Scotts Hill last night. Coach Patterson's substitution strategy makes for a very difficult game to watch LOL. He even used it in the JV game, where the clock wasn't even being stopped. :hungry:

There is not 1 team left on Middleton's schedule that will beat them..!

As a matter of fact..they look to have a great chance of making it to State..I dont see anyone in the region that will beat them either so it looks like Gleason,Greenfield,Lake Co or maybe Bradford,etc will be coming to Middleton..That may be a tough chore at Middleton but at least Middleton will have 1 tough test..Lake Co has played on the road in a tournament in Kentucky and in small gyms like Bradford so hopefully that wont be a factor..Same as Greenfield ..everyone back and will have played in some tough places like Lake Co.,Greenfield and Bradford..etc.!

middleton has had plenty of tough tests this season. first off against humboldt, where they pulled off a 3 point win against a very dangerous viking team....everyone talks about gleason, greenfield, etc....people better not sleep on humboldt. could pose a huge prob in the tourneys. middleton has also beaten a very good lexington team, who imo has quite a bit of talent. theyve beaten mcnairy at mcnairy and hardin co as well, so dont underrate middleton's schedule. and as for beating scotts hill by 35, dont underestimate scotts hill either; they are very talented and are very big for a single A school. their record speaks for itself and beating them will be as equally difficult as beating middleton, if both teams were to get in the substate round.

I was talking about tough tests in their district..I'd be willing to say Lake Co and Bradford and Gleason would win all those games..Lexington has been a hard team to figure out.beat Bolivar.but lose to Liberty twice ,the last game being 20 points.Lake Co has played that same Liberty team and lost by 5 points and the same Humboldt team that had Middleton just about the whole game until the last minute.Lake Co has won both games by 19 points..I'd agree..Middleton is in a good position to make it to sub-state..Lake Co.,Gleason,Greenfield,Humboldt,and Bradford will have to battle just tom make it that far..Plus ,Middleton will get to play at home,more than likely which will be a huge advantage..But if Lake Co or Greenfield are 2 of the teams left and one of them goes to Middleton..I wouldn't be surprised to see either team come away with a win..I'm sure will be a tough game..But Middleton will have to earn it..Both these teams have already beaten Humboldt..!In no way am I saying Middleton isnt a very good team..They may beat either of our teams..I'm looking forward to the tournaments..And if Middleton does beat Greenfield,Lake Co or Gleason or whoever..I believe they'll represent our area well..!

i think it would be costly as well to overlook madison, but they dont have morgan faulkner this year and are having a very hard time scoring over the top of defenses. they are 2 yrs away from being back where they have been in the past, on top of the district.

I agree with that. They have some very good young talent. The left-handed Sophomore is good as well as the very athletic Freshman that they have this year. The team is young, but still competing in Single A.

With all the snow days and rescheduling it should make for a whirl of a finish for District 15A as we get ready for the tourney (rescheduled as well).

Here's hoping everyone is able to shake off all the rust and play well. I've heard that Adamsville is doing 5 games/ 6 days, I know Scotts Hill is doing 4 district games/ 5 days starting tonight. WHEW... good luck & good health to everybody!!

A few district notes/ observations:

* Middleton - idle last night- still cruising along undefeated in district AND overall. They beat their closest district rival Scotts Hill (17-2, 6-1 now) by 30+ at Middleton.

* TCA seems to have suffered some key injuries to their bigs, and are in a bit of a slump.

* South Gibson won their 1st district game last night by 3pts, at home vs. Riverside.

* I watched Madison @ Scotts Hill last night. Coach Patterson's substitution strategy makes for a very difficult game to watch LOL. He even used it in the JV game, where the clock wasn't even being stopped. :popcorneater:

There is not 1 team left on Middleton's schedule that will beat them..!

As a matter of fact..they look to have a great chance of making it to State..I dont see anyone in the region that will beat them either so it looks like Gleason,Greenfield,Lake Co or maybe Bradford,etc will be coming to Middleton..That may be a tough chore at Middleton but at least Middleton will have 1 tough test..Lake Co has played on the road in a tournament in Kentucky and in small gyms like Bradford so hopefully that wont be a factor..Same as Greenfield ..everyone back and will have played in some tough places like Lake Co.,Greenfield and Bradford..etc.!

middleton has had plenty of tough tests this season. first off against humboldt, where they pulled off a 3 point win against a very dangerous viking team....everyone talks about gleason, greenfield, etc....people better not sleep on humboldt. could pose a huge prob in the tourneys. middleton has also beaten a very good lexington team, who imo has quite a bit of talent. theyve beaten mcnairy at mcnairy and hardin co as well, so dont underrate middleton's schedule. and as for beating scotts hill by 35, dont underestimate scotts hill either; they are very talented and are very big for a single A school. their record speaks for itself and beating them will be as equally difficult as beating middleton, if both teams were to get in the substate round.

Well, Humboldt was not too dangerous in the district tourney. An 18 point loss to Greenfield.

Hufstedler wrote after Greenfield beat Humboldt

Humboldt was not too dangerous in the district tourney. An 18 point loss to Greenfield

Well.It also didn't look like Greenfield was very dangerous against Lake Co.I don't believe Greenfield ever led in this game.Not 1 time.I came to this tournament because they were having 3 games and knew Dyer Co and Northside should win their games.Wanted to see Lake Co.I had seen them against Dyersburg and the night I saw them,they put on a clinic.From an outsider and not a homer from either team.Just based on what I saw.Really can't compare.Greenfield may beat Bradford,South Fulton because of what you say.Can't compare scores.Lake Co looked to be much too quick for Greenfield.Greenfield plays hard but #23 and #24 were worn out.So looks like your thread about Humboldt came back and bit you.I've read a few of your posts.You have favortism toward Greenfield,just as Bigster seems to have for Lake Co.And I don't blame either of you.Two good teams .But Bigster seems to be more knowlegable and gives other teams credit.You were talking all that stuff about Molly should be MVP,averaging 20 points a game all year,all those assists,steals.Probably saw her the times Greenfield played Bradford and maybe 1 or 2 more times.Then Daround comes on and said Molly hadn't been playing very well.I believe Daround said Greenfield held her to maybe 4 points.But said she had been playing poorly after Christmas.Daround shot your post down.So,I thought you weren't credible.Looks like Bigster knew what he was talking about.But Molly did play well last night.

Hufstedler wrote after Greenfield beat Humboldt

Humboldt was not too dangerous in the district tourney. An 18 point loss to Greenfield

Well.It also didn't look like Greenfield was very dangerous against Lake Co.I don't believe Greenfield ever led in this game.Not 1 time.I came to this tournament because they were having 3 games and knew Dyer Co and Northside should win their games.Wanted to see Lake Co.I had seen them against Dyersburg and the night I saw them,they put on a clinic.From an outsider and not a homer from either team.Just based on what I saw.Really can't compare.Greenfield may beat Bradford,South Fulton because of what you say.Can't compare scores.Lake Co looked to be much too quick for Greenfield.Greenfield plays hard but #23 and #24 were worn out.So looks like your thread about Humboldt came back and bit you.I've read a few of your posts.You have favortism toward Greenfield,just as Bigster seems to have for Lake Co.And I don't blame either of you.Two good teams .But Bigster seems to be more knowlegable and gives other teams credit.You were talking all that stuff about Molly should be MVP,averaging 20 points a game all year,all those assists,steals.Probably saw her the times Greenfield played Bradford and maybe 1 or 2 more times.Then Daround comes on and said Molly hadn't been playing very well.I believe Daround said Greenfield held her to maybe 4 points.But said she had been playing poorly after Christmas.Daround shot your post down.So,I thought you weren't credible.Looks like Bigster knew what he was talking about.But Molly did play well last night.

I give plenty of teams credit. Molly did have a slump and still finished the year averaging 19 points a game. The fact that I pull for Greenfield and said Molly was the best player in the district should prove that I am not a homer. Sure I am a bit biased towards Greenfield as is any fan. Also, I don't really care who you think is more knowledgeable since it is all opinion anyway. Greenfield did hold Molly to 5 points in the last game we played and T.T. also scored about 10 or 12 against us last night. I also don't think it was Lake co's speed that beat us. They beat us because Mathews and I think Pearce were on fire outside. but just like me, you are entitled to your opinion.

I don't really see how my comment on Humboldt factors into this discussion. I was replying to someone who said that Humboldt would be dangerous in the tournament. Humboldt is a good team, but they are not a dangerous team. You cant compare Humboldt to Lake Co. It is not even close.

Greenfield got beat the other night, because Greenfield didnt play their game. Also, our girls could not hit a shot if their life depended on it. I've never seen them that cold before. It was just one of those nights that everybody has at times. Also, Lake Co. was hot. They were hitting everything they shot.

Let's dont forget that Greenfield beat Lake Co. this year. Greenfield was also one of the few teams to beat Gleason this year. And, yes, Lake Co. has now beaten the Lady Jackets twice. Lake Co. is very good team...especially when their girls are knocking down three's like they did the other night. And, you wont find many players as fast and quick as TT Flowers of Lake Co. The girl is a natural athlete that has real potential to go far....if she'll keep her head on straight and work hard.

Anyway, dont judge Greenfield by the championship game the other night. That was just one of those horrible nights of shooting woes....just sorry that it came on that night...of all nights. Hopefully, we'll meet Lake Co. in the regional tourney championship. I'd love to see a rematch. And then, we'll be facing probably either Middleton or Scotts Hill from the look of things down in yall's part of the world.