Dekalb Co. and Smith Co.

slam12

I can't understand why the Owls would want it moved? Just seems to me that you would lose any home field advantage that you may have had. It probably helps out your offense a little bit, but what does the move to for Poteete and Co.? Does this help Dekalb's crowd? I get the fact that you don't want your field chopped up for the rest of the year. Guess I Carthage is about as far east as I wanted to go this weekend, after 3 straight to Knoxville. Me and the better half (former Owlette) were looking forward to coming to the hole and eating at Brenda's. Now it looks like I'll have to meet her in Cookeville, and probably go to Outback! Not sure who's getting the better deal on that one? :popcorneater: :popcorneater:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why change the site of the game so early in the week?? I find it really hard to believe that the state of the art field doesn't have proper drainage. It can't be to either teams advantage to play on the field @ TTU no matter how nice it might be. Could be more people from other schools may be able to attend the game .. who knows?? But it seems to be official, it's on the Carthage Courier website. Maybe I'm just a little ol' female but ... hmm ... trying to see the point ..

If #7 is protected than i dont think SC can be stopped with the rumor that #13 will be back for the game this week i think it will not only help the rushing attack but also the pass protection..... Dekalb is a good team and with a good win over oneida a good team, they did give up 49 to Warren county and really didnt dominate Cannon.... On the other hand Smith lost to Westmorland so its hard to tell...... I think if Sc protects #7 and puts enough pressure on the Dekalb qb then i think SC wins if they fail to do both then Dekalb will win! :D

What is the reason for playing at TTU? If they do.

Poor condition of the field. After all the rain last Friday night, rain all this week plus poor draining at the Hole, only makes sense to move to a suitable playing field. Glad that Coach Maynord has the influence to get the Tech field.

influence might be alright,but who is footing the bill on this one?tech doesnt loan their field for nothing.

What a bunch of wusses, scared to play in the mud. Dont wanna tear the field up, wa wa wa. Friendship tried that on TC last year. Moving the game from Fri to Sat. It didnt work for them and it probably won't work for SC. Is the TTU playing surface the same as Chicken Countys' "indoor arena"?
lmao.... u sure r correct on that one!

So is this game for the district? Or does York win it? My prediction Smith Co. 21 Dekalb 14

If you hold DeKalb to 14 points you have done something their previous 17 opponents have not accomplished. DeKalb has not been held below 20 points since Week 9 of the 2007 season. This season they have not been held below 5 TD's.

What a bunch of wusses, scared to play in the mud. Dont wanna tear the field up, wa wa wa. Friendship tried that on TC last year. Moving the game from Fri to Sat. It didnt work for them and it probably won't work for SC. Is the TTU playing surface the same as Chicken Countys' "indoor arena"?
lmao.... u sure r correct on that one!

Make you kind of sad don't it cheesy....beat by a bunch of wusses??

The field is already torn up.

DeKalb Co. will score some points with their QB. I haven't seen him play but everyone that has says he is the real deal. Smith Co.'s offense, well to put it nicely, struggled last week. I think if the Owls come out with no fire or enthusiasm, they could be in trouble. If they come out and act like they want to be on the field and play aggressive, they win. Simple! :roflol:

:D