Springfield at Henry county

olddevil

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I was hoping Kelly and Chris would win one for the road! Good luck Pats....you must be pretty darn good. Don't overlook anybody though. You all started a little slow against Northwest, possibly overlooking their improvement from the previous coach (the one that has moved on down to Woodbury). Vikings also played a great game Frdiay night and came away victorious against Dickson Co.

With all the posts on this thread about the horn man, is there going to be HornT.com??

See yall next Friday. Feed these boys a good breakfast Saturday, hug em tight, and ask em' if they had fun playing the game.....it's really only just a game....a good one, but a game.

Man, I was hoping Kelly and Chris would win one for the road! Good luck Pats....you must be pretty darn good. Don't overlook anybody though. You all started a little slow against Northwest, possibly overlooking their improvement from the previous coach (the one that has moved on down to Woodbury). Vikings also played a great game Frdiay night and came away victorious against Dickson Co.

With all the posts on this thread about the horn man, is there going to be HornT.com??

See yall next Friday. Feed these boys a good breakfast Saturday, hug em tight, and ask em' if they had fun playing the game.....it's really only just a game....a good one, but a game.

Well Trulyblessed...I love your enthusiasm however..you fall into a group who commonly confuse turnovers...with over confidence or "overlooking" an opponent. Those two things are not the same! Yes..HC realized early in the season that the Vikings are MUCH improved and believe or not...even excited to see NW much better than in years past. Although impressed, HC is not surprised by the Viking's early success this season! BUT..also realize..HC put up 42 points against a VERY GOOD Northwest Viking squad. The early turnovers created a hole that the Patriots had to dig themselves out of...and did as a solid, athletic, disciplined, and well coached team should. Likewise, Springfield finds themselves in a position we've all been in over the past decade. Much like NW the last couple of years, they are very competitve but are struggling to regain the respect that their community so much desires! They will certainly be a contender in the near future..hopefully their numbers and fan support will increase as well.

If you want to talk about surprises...most aren't surprised that the Vikings beat Dickson last night...however...many are surprised by the wide margin of victory...care to explain?

Well Trulyblessed...I love your enthusiasm however..you fall into a group who commonly confuse turnovers...with over confidence or "overlooking" an opponent. Those two things are not the same! Yes..HC realized early in the season that the Vikings are MUCH improved and believe or not...even excited to see NW much better than in years past. Although impressed, HC is not surprised by the Viking's early success this season! BUT..also realize..HC put up 42 points against a VERY GOOD Northwest Viking squad. The early turnovers created a hole that the Patriots had to dig themselves out of...and did as a solid, athletic, disciplined, and well coached team should. Likewise, Springfield finds themselves in a position we've all been in over the past decade. Much like NW the last couple of years, they are very competitve but are struggling to regain the respect that their community so much desires! They will certainly be a contender in the near future..hopefully their numbers and fan support will increase as well.

If you want to talk about surprises...most aren't surprised that the Vikings beat Dickson last night...however...many are surprised by the wide margin of victory...care to explain?

It was won by good old hard working teamwork....they simply believed in themselves, plus our new coaching staff is helping alot. Coach Offut is a good for the Viking team. I would also check out those directions that were given on here...don't know where a "peterson lane" is...if coming from Henry Co, take the 101st off Dover Rd. Take a left onto Peacher's Mill....several miles down, ON the LEFT....is the West Creek schools complex, the high school to the end of that road.

Thanks for the corrections for directions.

No problem....I read about another school that came in county from out of town....loads of fans got so turned around out that way headed to West Creek. Sometimes maquest turns you at every little corner. Good luck to Henry County. I'm a huge fan of Northwest, and glad we played HC so tough a couple of weeks back.

It's pretty impressive that so many travel with HC (horn man included)...Montgomery Co has so many schools now, it's hard to get that kind of following.

The SHS-HC game went about the way I expected , with the Jackets actually playing better than I thought they would. Freshman Brandon Farmer looked impressive at QB , subbing for starting QB Darrall Ford who appears to be still banged up from the Clarksville game. The defense also showed some improvement , it sounds like a broken record but the Jackets are so young , competing against a team as strong as Henry Co. is tough. Better days are on the way for the Jackets and it does'nt get any easier this week as Dickson Co comes to town. It looks like Henry Co. will win the District as expected, from who I have seen play so far they have far more talent and depth than anyone else and the play-offs will give them an idea of the strength of their team.

DEPTH being key word Leon...I've never seen so many dressed out! How many are on the roster? Is that the only high school in that county??

Springfield under Kelly Meyers will continue to improve.

yes, HCHS is the only high school in the county, although there are two campuses (one's for freshman only). i think there're nearly 80-90 on the roster, iirc.