Springfield at Henry county

olddevil

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now, now, now... we don't want to seem "rude and classless" as we've been called recently by northwest fans on the leaf-chronicle's website:

"Hearing that Henry Co. fans were rude is not surprising. They usually are. Just ask the Rossview basketball team"

"It was a spirited game, the 'little school' that could continues to kick butt. Rude fans have no place at any school event, but apparently some winning team fans think rudeness is a right of passage. The guy with the horn will eat it one of these days. There are still men out there who will beat down malcontents when needed."

"Very tough game. Hold your heads up boys, you held your own against a very good team. We still have a lot of Viking Pride. However, some of the Henry County Fans sure could use a few more lessons on respect and some common sense. A few of their fans were just down right rude and crude."

maybe we should just take less people so that we won't take up any of their side of the stands and sit quietly as our team knocks them into the ground (even though they still think if one play or two would have changed the game in their favor). we're obviously upsetting some den mothers because their boys aren't on the winning end of the game...that and the horn crew just makes them want to cry.

/sarcasm off

those whiney posters on the leaf-chronicle just need to suck it up. i'm glad to see that they have made such a turn around from last year. i can't even remember the last time i didn't feel sorry for a NW team the last time we played them.

as for Springfield, they gave Clarksville a run for their money, but ended up being overtaken in the end by a final score of 32-19. to put that in perspective, NW beat Clarksville 14-7.

RRR!

Yeah well its gonna take alot more than the sorry turn out of opposing fans to do anything with the horns. No one said anything to their fans when their team made good plays. They are just sore losers. They should be thankful, they were 4 touchdowns closer this year. As far as class goes, I saw some HC fans giving out high fives to some of the NW fans cause their kid made some good plays. I want to give props to #4 also, he was 6/6 fri. night. Good Job! :D

How is it that folks always mention or focus on the few....? After reading the comments here on CoachT, the Leaf Chronicle and even some of our own on the PI online, there are some folks that just can't seem to get it! There are some who think everyone should play in every game, there are some who want to point out the two or three among a group of a thousand plus...and it appears that many just look to complain in life!

Speaking of Rude...Rude is knowing there are over a thousand people coming..and only having seats for about 250! That's much like sending out 500 wedding invitations and having the wedding in a church that only holds 200...it's plain ol' RUDE! How do you not make concessions knowing 4 weeks or more in advance that a large crowd is coming and no one bothers to borrow or rent extra bleachers for the visiting fans...cheaper yet...rope off a section of the home side for your guests!!....this fans...is rude!!

Now ..about Springfield...once again the Patriots will play a much improved team...as District 10-AAA is turning out to be a much more competative district than Region 7-AAAA was last year...and much more exciting to watch than most fans had thought it would be! The Yellowjackets are 1-2 but have played very well judging from the teams they have played and the points they have put up! As usual, Springfield is extremely athletic and HC can not afford to turn the ball over giving these District teams momentum in the first half! 3 out of 4 weeks, HC has dug itself a hole by turning the ball over early! Hopefully, this will not happen Friday night or it could be a long night for the Patriots! On a positive note, the Big Red proved that it can stop the run when needed! The Patriot defense when painted into a corner can really take over in crucial situations! Springfield, congrats on the new found interest in your Yellow Jacket Football program..we hope you bring a large crowd to Paris and get here early...i'm sure our fans would welcome you to the many tailgate parties prior to kickoff!

Yes, Clarksville beat Springfield, and Northwest beat Clarksville. Does not say much. Each week is a new week in my opinion. Springfield has lead in the two losses at the end of the first half in one game 17-9 and the other 13-12. The yellow jackets just seem to lose focus after the half, and have lost those two games. The Northeast game showed the yellow jacktets down 20-0 in the second quarter, and they pulled an upset 34-33. This team is so young, and can be dangerous to some teams. I would not count this team out just yet Red Pride Nation. Do remember when henry co. was 2-8, and everyone wanted them for home coming. So it does take time to build a program. Give the jackets credit, they are working to be better week by week. Maybe one day this game will be one for the ages. Hey, it just my be this year! Never know!

:|:|

rossviewman

are you for real? Lets look at Rossview, they have just beaten their first opponent with a winning record in two years,

Rossview record in 2008 was 7-4

they played 8 teams with a losing record and won 7 of those,

they played 3 teams with winning records, and lost those by a combined score of 152-20, that is an average of 50-6.69 lol, basically rossview has beaten no one worht a crap or even been in a close game with anyone worth a crap.

lost to a 4-6 Northeast 21-6

beat a 3-7 clarksvville

beat an 0-10 Montgomery Central

beat an 0-10 Springfield

beat a 1-9 Creekwood

lost to a 7-5 mt. Juliet 52-20

lost to 11-2 Beech 40-0

beat a 2-8 northwest

beat a 2-8 portland

beat a 2-8 kenwood

lost to Maplewood 60-0

your victories came from a group of teams that were 10-60, you beat no one that won more than 3 games. LOL

rossviewman

are you for real? Lets look at Rossview, they have just beaten their first opponent with a winning record in two years,

Rossview record in 2008 was 7-4

they played 8 teams with a losing record and won 7 of those,

they played 3 teams with winning records, and lost those by a combined score of 152-20, that is an average of 50-6.69 lol, basically rossview has beaten no one worht a crap or even been in a close game with anyone worth a crap.

lost to a 4-6 Northeast 21-6

beat a 3-7 clarksvville

beat an 0-10 Montgomery Central

beat an 0-10 Springfield

beat a 1-9 Creekwood

lost to a 7-5 mt. Juliet 52-20

lost to 11-2 Beech 40-0

beat a 2-8 northwest

beat a 2-8 portland

beat a 2-8 kenwood

lost to Maplewood 60-0

your victories came from a group of teams that were 10-60, you beat no one that won more than 3 games. LOL

They say the truth hurts, but man, that is brutal. Hey Rossviewman, I know it's early, but you may want to pour yourself a drink after that tidbit of information. :roflol: