Springfield at Henry county

olddevil

Not a springfield coach! But the one you are talking about is a close friend. Talk to him almost every night. He coached my son at northeast. I was not bashing the Patriots, I did post that they would win the region.

come on coach go ahead and man up. CS you have already let mac know on here this was you. It is okay. No one is going to say anything bad about you. Just have fun with it. but don't try to hide behind it just as Get a real Clue is the head coach from what I have heard.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will be very tough for avery young Springfield team that continues to make turnovers and youthful mistakes. It could get out of hand early if the Jackets don't improve in this area. SHS first played the old Paris Grove High team in 1948 , that year the Jackets won 18-0 and were named the Litkinhouse Rating State Champ finishing 8-1-1 . SHS was 3-1 against Grove and 1-3 against Henry Co. Springfield is in a rebuilding stage and good ways from being where it needs to be to play with the Pats , but we will show up and put some young athletic players on the field. Just how well they respond , thats to be seen. I had a chance to see H.C. last year against Treadwell and Hillsbro and was very impressed with your program and left just hoping that our program could get back to that level, we have a ways to go , but in time we will get there.

This game will be very tough for avery young Springfield team that continues to make turnovers and youthful mistakes. It could get out of hand early if the Jackets don't improve in this area. SHS first played the old Paris Grove High team in 1948 , that year the Jackets won 18-0 and were named the Litkinhouse Rating State Champ finishing 8-1-1 . SHS was 3-1 against Grove and 1-3 against Henry Co. Springfield is in a rebuilding stage and good ways from being where it needs to be to play with the Pats , but we will show up and put some young athletic players on the field. Just how well they respond , thats to be seen. I had a chance to see H.C. last year against Treadwell and Hillsbro and was very impressed with your program and left just hoping that our program could get back to that level, we have a ways to go , but in time we will get there.

Thanks, Leon, for tour historical input. A few of us are old enough to remember those years and those teams. Springfield under Boyce Smith was a true dynasty. They have had some great teams more recently and seem to be headed back toward where they want to be. Hope lots of your fans will come over; I promise that we willbe in Springfield in force next year.

GO BIG RED

Not a springfield coach! But the one you are talking about is a close friend. Talk to him almost every night. He coached my son at northeast. I was not bashing the Patriots, I did post that they would win the region.

Yes will win the region, go 10-0, and this game will be over by halftime. If we hold on to the ball this one will get ugly quick (although I know nothing about Springfield, I can compare scores).

HC 49 Springfield 18 and they get the 18 after the running clock starts!

See you at the game. :justwrestle:

"Typical, but NW was given the ball inside the 20 yard line 3 times off of turnovers in the first half. At that moment the score was 7-7. Lets see: if a good team converts each fumble to a touch down, it is 7+7+7+7=28 points. Not a math major, but if Northwest was a good team they would have converted those turnovers. That would have made it 28-7 at the half."

That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. You mean that everytime a "GOOD" team gets a turnover, they should get a minimum of 7 points - were's a good football team around here?

Looking for a quick start by Pats right after the kickoff. Ready to be back in stands come Friday.

Those who might want to catch a former Pats QB can tune into Sports South tonight for the replay of the JSU and TSU game. Fun game to watch. Good interview with Calvin at end of game. I loved the reactions of the 2 head coaches during the game. A funny point in the game when JS had to stop play and ask their own Sonic Boom to play softer so they could hear their own snap count. Never saw that before.

GO PATS !!!!!

Looking for a quick start by Pats right after the kickoff. Ready to be back in stands come Friday.

Those who might want to catch a former Pats QB can tune into Sports South tonight for the replay of the JSU and TSU game. Fun game to watch. Good interview with Calvin at end of game. I loved the reactions of the 2 head coaches during the game. A funny point in the game when JS had to stop play and ask their own Sonic Boom to play softer so they could hear their own snap count. Never saw that before.

Here is a link to an article on Calvin from the game last weekend. He won MVP of the Southern Heritage Classic: http://www.tsutigers.com/ViewArticle.db ... =204793113

I think that everone should thank coach gaddis for coming to henry county and turning our football program around it wasnt but 4 years ago when henry county was evryones home coming game and now we have to beg people to play us. As for the 2009 patriots hats off to shante sims he is a great football player and excellent QB. I think that the patriots finally get it done this year and cruise to another region cahmpionship.

Yes will win the region, go 10-0, and this game will be over by halftime. If we hold on to the ball this one will get ugly quick (although I know nothing about Springfield, I can compare scores).

HC 49 Springfield 18 and they get the 18 after the running clock starts!

See you at the game. :thumb:

Toot your own horn much? Also, comparing scores have little to do w/ an outcome (I dont believe it applies to this game) but how teams match-up are the best indicator. Different teams match up differently which will produce a variety of scores.....