McCallie-Ensworth

Chattcity

I think the issue with the Baylor chant this past Friday was that they were not cheering for Ensworth. They were chanting Baylor cheers at a contest that was between 2 other schools. I have no issue with anyone going to a game and cheering for one of the teams over another, however one should not insert their school into the contest (whether blue or red). Not meant to be a jab. I feel the same about our own students.

As to the Signal Mountain fiasco, a few McCallie students made some very unfortunate choices that they will pay for dearly. They received the most severe discipline they could from the school (expulsion) and are still facing legal ramifications. I would truly hate to have my son be 1 month from graduation and choose to throw it all away.

Now onto the matters at hand and prep for MBA and the Autumn Queen presentation.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do people hate the yankees? because they win. it is the same at mccallie. we win our fair share athletically and have some pretty smart students too. people dont like that because they're not a part of it. as far as the ensworth game goes (cuz i think thats what this thread is about?) mccallie played a very solid game. it was just a matter of not having the same caliber athletes that ensworth had. Orleans Darkwa is the real deal. if there's a defense in the state that can stop him tell me and i'd love to see them play. so big props to tim mcgraw and the tigers last week. as far as this week goes, this will be interesting. MBA has always come as a huge challenge for us. their size just has been too much to overcome in recent years. but i believe mccallie will play well again this week and probably pull out a victory. for those of you scoreboard watching who saw our tyner score, i believe it was the worst game i've seen mccallie play in a long time. and the guys still found a way to win it. if you saw baylor's score against tyner. please note that tyner had mulitple turnovers early in their own half of the field which is why i think baylor beat them so bad. those turnovers werent there in the mccallie game. cudos to wayne turner for that (tyner coach). as far as the baylor people at our game last week. its to be expected they werent playing that friday and just wanted to have some fun. the way i see it is its part of the rivalry i did it in highschool and so i cant expect anything more. what i will say is i really hope our team heard it. cuz that to me was a challenge issued to us....(also please be aware that baylor has as off week this week. so i fully expect their fan base to be back to watch us play MBA)..now my last point about mccallie taking shots at baylor any chance they get. i totally agree because i do it non stop. but we've earned it. we've earned the bragging rigts for 11 years so ya ya'll might be sick of it. but it wont stop till baylor beats us, and thats why people at other schools are pulling for baylor. and thats ok cuz all we have to do is go across the river in a week and a half and earn the bragging rights again. goodluck friday mccallie i'll be up in the stands watching.

"the difference in the rivarly is just one thing. every year baylor hopes to win the game. but every year we expect to win it." -nick moore class of 04. that will always be my favorite quote about the game

why do people hate the yankees? because they win. it is the same at mccallie. we win our fair share athletically and have some pretty smart students too. people dont like that because they're not a part of it. as far as the ensworth game goes (cuz i think thats what this thread is about?) mccallie played a very solid game. it was just a matter of not having the same caliber athletes that ensworth had. Orleans Darkwa is the real deal. if there's a defense in the state that can stop him tell me and i'd love to see them play. so big props to tim mcgraw and the tigers last week. as far as this week goes, this will be interesting. MBA has always come as a huge challenge for us. their size just has been too much to overcome in recent years. but i believe mccallie will play well again this week and probably pull out a victory. for those of you scoreboard watching who saw our tyner score, i believe it was the worst game i've seen mccallie play in a long time. and the guys still found a way to win it. if you saw baylor's score against tyner. please note that tyner had mulitple turnovers early in their own half of the field which is why i think baylor beat them so bad. those turnovers werent there in the mccallie game. cudos to wayne turner for that (tyner coach). as far as the baylor people at our game last week. its to be expected they werent playing that friday and just wanted to have some fun. the way i see it is its part of the rivalry i did it in highschool and so i cant expect anything more. what i will say is i really hope our team heard it. cuz that to me was a challenge issued to us....(also please be aware that baylor has as off week this week. so i fully expect their fan base to be back to watch us play MBA)..now my last point about mccallie taking shots at baylor any chance they get. i totally agree because i do it non stop. but we've earned it. we've earned the bragging rigts for 11 years so ya ya'll might be sick of it. but it wont stop till baylor beats us, and thats why people at other schools are pulling for baylor. and thats ok cuz all we have to do is go across the river in a week and a half and earn the bragging rights again. goodluck friday mccallie i'll be up in the stands watching.

"the difference in the rivarly is just one thing. every year baylor hopes to win the game. but every year we expect to win it." -nick moore class of 04. that will always be my favorite quote about the game

Seems like several McCallie fans on here reference how many points Baylor scored against Tyner vs McCallie winning by by one late in the game. Seems like you want to point to turnovers and how many Baylor got. I have not seen Baylor fans referencing that game just McCallie so it seems like some paranoia about that game. MBA played what I think is by far our best game of the year to date against Baylor. But we scored 2 touchdowns both on Baylor turnovers on their 20 and 25 in the first half. They were also very generous to us in the 2nd half when twice they were about to score on the 1 and 10...again turning the ball over. So just curious, after the MBA and McCallie game will you continue to do the same Baylor McCallie referencing to turnovers? I doubt it unless McCallie is the one coughing it up.

I mean, Baylor is one of the most successful high school programs in the nation, so I don' think that the Yankees, Lakers, and Patriots syndrome applies here. And I hate the turnover excuse. Turnovers are usually caused by the defense, not given away by the offense.

Cute B/M quote. That has absolutley nothing to do with any streak, let alone mccallie's streak.The Yankee analogy had me rolling too. If we were all to envy any school in DII, my guess would be one somewhere within 15 miles of nashville. or mus. But maybe going 6-5 and losing in the 1st round of the playoffs regularly is something to envy for some. As far as intelligent kids go- take a look at the league. top to bottom.

no my point about jealousy had nothing to do with other DII programs. i know all of ya'll win on the field and excel in the classroom as much or more in some cases. my point was simply to point out how i feel the public schools in the chattanooga area feel about mccallie. i would say the average student at mccallie is probably more academically gifted then the average student in most (not all) public schools in chattanooga. and i do know from personal experience that lately (last 5-10 years) mccallie has done well on the playing field against those schools. So all that being said maybe that will help ya'll see my point. oh well i think mccallie will play well and win tomorrow if we are able to get off to a good start.

MBA -14

Mccallie-24

no my point about jealousy had nothing to do with other DII programs. i know all of ya'll win on the field and excel in the classroom as much or more in some cases. my point was simply to point out how i feel the public schools in the chattanooga area feel about mccallie. i would say the average student at mccallie is probably more academically gifted then the average student in most (not all) public schools in chattanooga. and i do know from personal experience that lately (last 5-10 years) mccallie has done well on the playing field against those schools. So all that being said maybe that will help ya'll see my point. oh well i think mccallie will play well and win tomorrow if we are able to get off to a good start.

MBA -14

Mccallie-24

No...it was about Baylor and McCallie...because that's what this entire thread has been about...