McCallie-Ensworth

Chattcity

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it weren't for Rush and Fullam that game shouldn't have been as close as it was last year at McCallie. Then EHS pummeled them at home in the playoffs.

I'm with Kwoodruff, BA is the only real test if this team stays healthy until the playoffs.

In order for the Tornadoes to pull this one out McCallie would have to have some kind of solution for Orleans and Richardson but I don't know what would be this year, especially if Lassing nor Bars could stop him at MBA.

McCallie is simply going to be outmatched I'll say 54-21 Ensworth.

What does McCallie's defensive line look like? Ensworth certainly has a good offensive line, but i think the EHS performance against MBA was a bit flattering. Not to put too fine a point on it, but MBA's defensive line is just not particularly good. They've been run on pretty consistently. And while Bars and Lassing are talented, if you let a good back through the line untouched play after play...well, it just doesn't lead to a very happy ending. Tacklers that Darkwa can't avoid, he seems to do a pretty good job of running over. I'm not sure i saw him fall backwards all night.

What does McCallie's defensive line look like? Ensworth certainly has a good offensive line, but i think the EHS performance against MBA was a bit flattering. Not to put too fine a point on it, but MBA's defensive line is just not particularly good. They've been run on pretty consistently. And while Bars and Lassing are talented, if you let a good back through the line untouched play after play...well, it just doesn't lead to a very happy ending. Tacklers that Darkwa can't avoid, he seems to do a pretty good job of running over. I'm not sure i saw him fall backwards all night.

From what I saw last year, probably a little better than MBA's but not outstanding. I haven't seen them play this year but based on last years games I have no reason to believe that Orleans will not have another field day.

Ok, ladies and gents...I'm here with my eternal optimism firmly in place. The D-Line is looking good with lots of upperclassmen on board. The 0-Line is as strong as ever. Special teams are clicking. The team overall has come together very nicely. I believe that my Blue Tornado will be just fine and will be prepared for the competition at hand.

I would predict a very close contest. We must contain Orleans. I'm sure our coaches are preparing the young gentlemen to the max.

I would say the Blue by 3. Hope the trip down is uneventful and look for the crazy mom in the blue cowboy hat!

The only way to contain Darkwa is have the McCallie campus security handcuff him when he gets off the bus.

He ran over Oakland and MBA, don't think McCallie or any DII school can stop him. He runs behind the strong tackle, guard and tight end with a total weight of 830lbs. Once he gets in behind that wall he is hidden from LB's and the backs and once he gets free "give him 6".

He is a tough kid that came back and played in the 2nd half of the BA game last year after sitting out with an concussion in the 1st half. (Thanks to Ricky)

Only negative to EHS game is kicking. But right now they don't need a FG

EHS 42 (6 TD's, 5 TD's by #10)

McCallie 10

Sorry Bluemom, how well do you know the campus security guards? :blush:

Ok, ladies and gents...I'm here with my eternal optimism firmly in place. The D-Line is looking good with lots of upperclassmen on board. The 0-Line is as strong as ever. Special teams are clicking. The team overall has come together very nicely. I believe that my Blue Tornado will be just fine and will be prepared for the competition at hand.

I would predict a very close contest. We must contain Orleans. I'm sure our coaches are preparing the young gentlemen to the max.

I would say the Blue by 3. Hope the trip down is uneventful and look for the crazy mom in the blue cowboy hat!

This is coming from the same blue mom that thinks the year looks promising for big blue after a 3-0 start. What? Is that a joke? Look who McCallie has played. Their season, much like baylor's (except for bga game) starts this Thursday and Friday. Ensworth is ranked in the top 15 nationally in some poles. The only thing mccallie will win by 3 is the 4th quarter Ensworth jv game