District 11A! New Champion this season?

thenomad

I see a trend in most SF fans about their sports... it's always SF "Should've, Could've, and Would've"!

Couldn't have said it better myself! Like i said before, we will see what chance, if any, SF has to be a legit contender in the district tonight against Cully. Wonna be the best you gotta beat the best!

Good game tonight, but looks like to me the best team won here (SF)

Way to show some sportsmanship after the gm, some kid tryed sucker punchin a SF fan and missed badly and hit 2 innocent by-standards. Terrible way to end in Cully. Though ya'll had better sportsmanship than that.

culleoka doesn't know how to lose...no suprise that cullypride comes in here and says things like "nice sportmanship with the sign blah blah" i guess i got over enthusiastic with the cully has a good coach deal...looks like they'll be 4th or 5th this year.

edit: how can the high scoring team only score 40 points? wow.

santa fe over culleoka 40-38

Richland over cornersville 64-39

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer your question yes...they can. Remember this same group won the county their 8th grade year in middle school. Not that it much matters now but they were better and more talented then, as they still are.

Ok I have to get in on this one although someone above has already mentioned some of this. Some of Cully's teams are total different in high school than they were in middle school. This is one of them. Taylor Greene is no longer playing basketball. He played as an 8th grader and that team won the county tournament. They beat CA in the championship game. It was a well know fact that if Cully won Greene would be the MVP and if CA won Williams would have been the MVP. Cully won and Greene deserved to win the award because he had a great season and a great tournament. Two other players on that Cully team that I know are not on this years high school team is Turner McKay (8th grade starter) and Hunter Morrow (8th grade bench player). Everyone is talking about Cully recruiting. I have no clue this year what they have except for the left over players from last year. I just know what players are not playing anymore. The part about Cully recruiting goes back to CJ Holt and Chad Stephens who played middle school at EA Cox but played high school at Cully. Let's put all of this to rest. Maybe Cully did recruit those kids... but maybe they didn't. Maybe their parents wanted them to go to a smaller school than Columbia or Spring Hill.

I will almost bet every school in the county doesn't have the same team this year as they did when this Sr class was 8th graders. For example on CA's team there are only 2 Sr's remaining from that 8th grade team… Williams and Gibbs. Williams has been a 4 year starter and Gibbs continues to be a bench player. Boshers decided not to play his Sr year, Dale is still at CA but hasn't played in a few years, and Shively transferred to Columbia Central to play a higher level of football. I would say that worked out for him considering he was a starting offensive lineman on the 5A State Runner-up. CA also has Patterson who was not on that team and he was not recruited by the way.

Santa Fe would be another example. The starters that 8th grade year were Gardner, Garrett, Madden, Best and Taylor. There was another kid that changed out with Taylor I believe and another big kid (Jamie) that played post. Best transferred but came back this year. I don't think Taylor and the big player (Jamie) plays anymore. Santa Fe has a new kid... Tyler. Don't have a clue about him but I know he wasn't recruited.

Anyways point being that teams and kids change from an 8th grade year to the Sr year. Let it go. Let the kids play basketball this year. Those 8th grade years are good memories for those kids but that is all they are at this point. All of the players want their Sr year to be the best year ever!

BTW Willie, his name is Jame with an e, he had some personal issues to deal with but now he's back.

For a person that knows alot sure doesn't state correct facts. It was mtp SF beat for 3rd place....But the only trend I see right now is that undefeated season SF beat Cully tonight!

My mistake... you are correct! Santa Fe beat Zion in the first round of the tournament and then MP for 3rd place. Like I said Congrats on the 3rd place finish. I also can insure you that I know more than you do! I mean I have already corrected you several times.

To answer your question yes...they can. Remember this same group won the county their 8th grade year in middle school. Not that it much matters now but they were better and more talented then, as they still are.

Ok I have to get in on this one although someone above has already mentioned some of this. Some of Cully's teams are total different in high school than they were in middle school. This is one of them. Taylor Greene is no longer playing basketball. He played as an 8th grader and that team won the county tournament. They beat CA in the championship game. It was a well know fact that if Cully won Greene would be the MVP and if CA won Williams would have been the MVP. Cully won and Greene deserved to win the award because he had a great season and a great tournament. Two other players on that Cully team that I know are not on this years high school team is Turner McKay (8th grade starter) and Hunter Morrow (8th grade bench player). Everyone is talking about Cully recruiting. I have no clue this year what they have except for the left over players from last year. I just know what players are not playing anymore. The part about Cully recruiting goes back to CJ Holt and Chad Stephens who played middle school at EA Cox but played high school at Cully. Let's put all of this to rest. Maybe Cully did recruit those kids... but maybe they didn't. Maybe their parents wanted them to go to a smaller school than Columbia or Spring Hill.

I will almost bet every school in the county doesn't have the same team this year as they did when this Sr class was 8th graders. For example on CA's team there are only 2 Sr's remaining from that 8th grade team… Williams and Gibbs. Williams has been a 4 year starter and Gibbs continues to be a bench player. Boshers decided not to play his Sr year, Dale is still at CA but hasn't played in a few years, and Shively transferred to Columbia Central to play a higher level of football. I would say that worked out for him considering he was a starting offensive lineman on the 5A State Runner-up. CA also has Patterson who was not on that team and he was not recruited by the way.

Santa Fe would be another example. The starters that 8th grade year were Gardner, Garrett, Madden, Best and Taylor. There was another kid that changed out with Taylor I believe and another big kid (Jamie) that played post. Best transferred but came back this year. I don't think Taylor and the big player (Jamie) plays anymore. Santa Fe has a new kid... Tyler. Don't have a clue about him but I know he wasn't recruited.

Anyways point being that teams and kids change from an 8th grade year to the Sr year. Let it go. Let the kids play basketball this year. Those 8th grade years are good memories for those kids but that is all they are at this point. All of the players want their Sr year to be the best year ever!

BTW Willie, his name is Jame with an e, he had some personal issues to deal with but now he's back.

Oh... you had to correct me again. I misspelled his name... WOW! I coached him in AAU and we called him Jamie or was it Jamey? I will have to go back and check the scorebook from that AAU season. I'm sure I have it lying around some where.

Sorry everyone its Jame pronounced like Jamie!

BTW... I'm glad that "Jame" is playing again. He is a good kid!

I guess you and I are even now SFWILDCATBLOOD. You corrected me on SF vs MP and Jamie, Jamey, Jame... etc and I corrected you on the "Turn around hook shot and that Cully blew CA out in the championship game. Oh wait I may be one up because you said SF would have beat CA in the championship game that year but then again you have to reach the championship game to win it!

I do stat a lot of facts... so sorry I got mixed up on a tournament game and that I misspelled a players name. Will you ever forgive me?

Santa Fe played a heck of a game--had a good game plan. I believe Slatten got outcoached by Slaughter. Culleoka could not hit any baskets---bet you they shot in the 20-30 % range from the field. Yet, at the end of the game, they could have still won with last second shot but missed. Good game for the wildcats. there's still a lot of ball to be played.

Well I called it by 5 and SF won by 2, in the 40's...SF has great D, D wins championships so I hear?

Great D?? I guess throwing the ball to a wide open player and hitting the old lady in the 3rd row was caused by great D?? Come on dude. BOTH teams looked terrible, just in case you didnt catch that cause i know it takes you a while, I said Cully looked terrible. And what number is Jamie...or was it Jamey...or Jame...OR DOES IT REALLY MATTER???

When are you and monkey wrench getting married? Ya'll seem to be a match made in heaven. I'm sure me and Willie would love to attend. :thumb:

For a person that knows alot sure doesn't state correct facts. It was mtp SF beat for 3rd place....But the only trend I see right now is that undefeated season SF beat Cully tonight!

My mistake... you are correct! Santa Fe beat Zion in the first round of the tournament and then MP for 3rd place. Like I said Congrats on the 3rd place finish. I also can insure you that I know more than you do! I mean I have already corrected you several times.

Wow you seem so sure you know way more than I do, yet you have failed miserably at attempting to correct me by giving false info.Way to go WILLIE!!!! :thumb:

Well I called it by 5 and SF won by 2, in the 40's...SF has great D, D wins championships so I hear?

Great D?? I guess throwing the ball to a wide open player and hitting the old lady in the 3rd row was caused by great D?? Come on dude. BOTH teams looked terrible, just in case you didnt catch that cause i know it takes you a while, I said Cully looked terrible. And what number is Jamie...or was it Jamey...or Jame...OR DOES IT REALLY MATTER???

When are you and monkey wrench getting married? Ya'll seem to be a match made in heaven. I'm sure me and Willie would love to attend. :thumb:

Yes Defense usually causes a player that can't control himself in those situations to do things like that. Oh but nah it doesn't matter to me kid, but looks like you guys are pleasureing yourselves on the name a little to much don't ya think....6-0, just remember 6-0!...Looks like we'll let our playing do the talking :wacko:

Wow you seem so sure you know way more than I do, yet you have failed miserably at attempting to correct me by giving false info.Way to go WILLIE!!!! :thumb:

Yea I gave false info by misspelling a players name and getting a tournament game mixed up. I corrected myself once you brought it to my attention. I only posted a ton of information that IS correct. So I guess I failed miserably... please forgive me Master of the SF Message Board Squad... if you don't my world is going to come to an end! What will I ever do?